• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dol Guldur MOVIE VERSION FULL

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my recreation of the last Hobbit movie Dol Guldur battle. It has most of the features, like:
-Nazgul in their spectral forms;
-Galadriel "Dark queen";
-All conversations between the members of the White Council;
Now you have 2 tasks:
1. With Gandalf enter Dol Guldur and find Thrain;
2. With Galadriel enter Dol Guldur and save Gandalf and kill Sauron.
NOTE: Nazgul can be killed only with spells, like Sarumans firebolt or lightning or Galadriels starfall.

Original map by Sin'dorei300

Changelog:
v1.1 Added Gandalf - Thrain - Azog encounter (cinematic);
New model for Elrond and Sauron;
When Saurons health is lesser than half he takes the fiery form as in the movie;
Removed starting location for Player 1;
New ability for Galadriel (Summon tornado) and new item (Nenya - heals nearby allies);
New ability for Sauron - raise dead;

Models:
Max666;
UgoUgo;
Radagast;
RightField;
olofmoleman;
Kuhneghetz;
Blizzard Entertainment

243153-albums7922-picture94021.jpg

243153-albums7922-picture94020.jpg

243153-albums7922-picture94018.jpg

243153-albums7922-picture94017.jpg

243153-albums7922-picture100882.jpg

243153-albums7922-picture100883.jpg

Keywords:
lotr, hobbit, the hobbit, white council, sauron,necromancer, dol guldur
Contents

Dol Guldur MOVIE VERSION FULL (Map)

Reviews
12:40, 20th Aug 2015 Orcnet: My review
Level 21
You should work on the description
add a features list,credits,screenshots etc
some different colors and sizes will be nice too

Level 32
Necromancer's facing random degrees, lol.

Anyway, the map was somewhat interesting... but it was too short to be enjoyable. The map comes off as a interactive cinematic. Spoilers:
Near the ending, where it states "You are not alone!" or something along those lines come up, the defeat menu comes up before it's finished.
I don't recall exactly, but I think that the dialogue matched original enough that it made sense.

Also, it's fairly simple to take out the unnecessary (and unprofessional looking) starting point. Simply go to to triggers and find initialization. You can do the rest from there.

You might also want to use some more fitting models: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=shadow&r=20&d=list
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=sauron&d=list&r=20

The terrain was fine. It could have definitely used better tile usage on the outer sides and borders. Some areas looked traverse-able due to unconnected cliffs or small doodads blocking pathways, but weren't traverse-able.

Overall, I'd rate the map 2/5 and set it to await update. There simply isn't enough content and the content there is is lacking. Good luck, read some tutorials, and or ask around!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Please wrap hidden tags around the images.

[hidden=Screenshots] IMAGES [/hidden]

Level 30
I tested the map, as much as I am a huge Tolkien fan for beastiary and folklore literature, I have to say this map is lacking a lot of it, especially the gameplay.

I don't understand the very main quest that is going on, I end up moving on those floating texts stating that I should go inside and destroy a specific cage, however that cage is invulnerable, how on middle-earth am I going to start the quest with that?

So I end up killing a huge orc base that is based on the AI of warcraft which is very unorthodox for them having in the game, nothing happened and a huge bunch of orc grunts and raiders started attacking me.

So I found a few cages to destroy and then I found Thrain, and then this whole cinematic of nothingness came into be which took the whole game play in, the cinematic is horrible. Most of the characters are missing, the camera view is pointing on bad ends, and the dialogue is just not fitting for the LOTR world.

I don't think this is much of an approval right now, pointing on how the game is meant for something that I couldn't understand, and most of the resources stored on the map is having dire difficulties, for now this should be a good sample for your practice in map making.

Level 4
I tested the map, as much as I am a huge Tolkien fan for beastiary and folklore literature, I have to say this map is lacking a lot of it, especially the gameplay.

I don't understand the very main quest that is going on, I end up moving on those floating texts stating that I should go inside and destroy a specific cage, however that cage is invulnerable, how on middle-earth am I going to start the quest with that?

So I end up killing a huge orc base that is based on the AI of warcraft which is very unorthodox for them having in the game, nothing happened and a huge bunch of orc grunts and raiders started attacking me.

So I found a few cages to destroy and then I found Thrain, and then this whole cinematic of nothingness came into be which took the whole game play in, the cinematic is horrible. Most of the characters are missing, the camera view is pointing on bad ends, and the dialogue is just not fitting for the LOTR world.

I don't think this is much of an approval right now, pointing on how the game is meant for something that I couldn't understand, and most of the resources stored on the map is having dire difficulties, for now this should be a good sample for your practice in map making.

I could agree with all of this except about the dialogues! They were taken exactly from the movie. I'll try to improve the map. And I'm only a beginner in map making and if someone can make this map better and improve heavily then be my guest!

Last edited: