• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dog assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I just adopted a dog today..
A nice, pretty 3 year old male yellow labrador retreiver mix..
but I already have a cat at home, and when we tested my dog, Morgan, with some cats at the adoption area, he honestly did not make a note of the cats..He literally just sniffed the ground..

But I brought him home, showed him around the yard for a while.. Then brought him into the home, while my cat was resting in my room, hidden under my bed. I took the dog outside, while my mother removed my cat from my room, and then I brought my dog into my room..and then brought the cat in and tried to introduce them.. My cat backed away, hissed, and ruffled her fur. And Morgan tried to get close(To sniff, I'm guessing).. I brought Morgan back into the room alone, waited a while, and tried to introduce him to my cat once again, and they just hate eachother..

How long do you guys think it will take before my cat and dog are okay with eachother?

Edit: I know that it WILL take a while, because my cat feels she was here first, and deserves all the house. I'm just wondering how long it will take..

Level 22
You got to keep in mind cats are the most territorial creatures to ever live. Just the fact there's another animal in it's territory will lead to hostility. It MAY change over time (which is likely). Either that, or the cat will take it too far, get bit and run away. Once eachother's scent becomes a daily familiar scent, tension should hopefully die donw.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
SeaGull1723 said:
Take for example, Garfield and Odie. Garfield hates Odie because Odie came in just as Garfield started to hate him.

Yes. I'm aware that my cat hates him. But I do know that eventually she should calm down and accept my dog.. I really do understand why she's afraid and angry, I gave her all of my attention since I got her, and then a dog comes into the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.