• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does WoW have any Pandas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I wonder why they left them out. They were one of the most popular races in wc3, and there aren't even NPC pandaren are there? Playable would be dumb though.

Level 9
No, its because China protested at bringing Panda's into WoW since its they're national animal.And the game is violent for Panda's some laws blah blah blah

Level 17
What's the color of Pandaren Brewmaster's eyes? I think those color of the eyes mean that they're evil or something.

Level 7
Ah, that China things a bunch of shit. Blizzard wouldn't give a shit about a chinese law, there an American company I mean gimme' a break. There ARE Panderan in WoW btw... One comes to Ironforge every so often (or at least used to) and some are seen in small villages. Blizzard keeps them as a very secretive race to add to there mysterious nature. There were even rumours a long time ago that through some IF glitches you could enter a Pandaren dojo!

Level 34
Ah, that China things a bunch of shit. Blizzard wouldn't give a shit about a chinese law, there an American company I mean gimme' a break. There ARE Panderan in WoW btw... One comes to Ironforge every so often (or at least used to) and some are seen in small villages. Blizzard keeps them as a very secretive race to add to there mysterious nature. There were even rumours a long time ago that through some IF glitches you could enter a Pandaren dojo!
She was right. Blizzard had issues with China over the Pandaren, and since they have a lot of players there, they are not in the game. Sadly.

Level 36
Blizzard would definitely care about Chinese law considering 2.5 million or 25% of their player population are located within the confines of China.

If China says no, it's not going in the game. It also doesn't help that the Pandaren don't really have any lore, since they were an in-joke created by Samwise and only included in the actual game at the last second.

Level 7
Can you even be sued by the Government of China?

Probably not... And there not putting in Panda's they put it Pandaren, last time I checked Pandas don't stand on there hind legs, drink ale and speak english. There are Pandaeran in woW I'm sure of it, there used to be one in Ironforge long before Burning Crusade. Maybe they took it out because of the Chinese things? I don't know. I'd search it up but I'm lazey.

Level 25
The Pandaren thing has nothing to do with them being pandas, its about China thinking they're a bit of a mockery of China or somesuch. I forget what

But yeah, there's A legal reason, but not much has been said about it

Sides, I much prefer the Pandarens having their air of mystery they have at the moment. There are references to them, but aren't exactly easy to see or anything

Level 18

Blizzard is a European Company, hence why we in the US couldnt compete in the Frostmourne Contest.

Level 18
''Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Blizzard Entertainment was founded in 1991 under the name Silicon & Synapse by Allen Adham, President & CEO Michael Morhaime, and Executive Vice President Frank Pearce.''

That mostly says it.
Blizzard Entertainment - Company Profile

Thats confusing, then why didnt USA compete in the Frostmourne Fanart Contest? :cry::eekani:

Level 34
your statement ended with a "?" which is a question mark, indicating a question, and I already said that I wouldn't have to answer that so... :)
Ahh, but the 'eh?' is a Canadianism that changes the style of the sentence. 'Eh?' used there is rhetorical.

Status
Not open for further replies.