• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does MakeMeHost update maps anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
See the problem here is that MMH currently has a monopoly over hosted games on Warcraft 3. I don't even check the custom game's list anymore, I just check MMH's game queue. The other problem is that they're not updating their maps anymore with new requests, hasn't been updated since around August.

That's going to play a biggg hand in killing off Warcraft if they don't start updating. Anyone know if they still do?

Level 1
I can second that. I've been trying to upload maps for months, some of which I suggested a few times and none have been uploaded.

Level 2
Hi,

i hope you don't mind that i bring this old post back up.
But i didn't want to start a new one for some short informations - this here seems just the right thread.

I just registered here - though i know of hiveworkshop for quite a while.

I am the owner of makemehost.com and as you have noticed there was some time when makemehost.com was not as up to date and moderated as it should have been.
But we have changed a lot of things and improved our bots. Our target was and will always be to counter the massive autohosting on battle.net.

We are currently hosting about 6.000 individual games daily. Our main problem is the huge number of maps in our mappool that we can hardly 'moderate' or check in the way it should be done.

But to give mappers the opportunity to manage their own maps in our pool we have added a so called 'Mappers Priority Upload' where Mappers can remove fake/hacked maps that originally belong to them and ofcourse to always keep their newest version of their map in the pool. Maps added there will instantly show up on the main page.

I hope to reach as many mappers as possible with this information.

Just write me a short PM here in the forum or write me via "Contact" on makemehost.com and tell me which maps belong to you.

Thanks!

Greets
Maize

P.S. The post got a bit longer than expected at first ... hummmm

Status
Not open for further replies.