• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does it look repetitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im only using one tree model in the rpg im creating right now.
To make it look more natural, i have set like 6 different colors, Im still not sure if it's good enough.

So to the question, Does it look repetitive? ( so that i should change it ) And in that case, do you know any tree model that would fit in with the "theme"?

attachment.php

Attachments

• forest.jpg
    forest.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 1,839
Level 3
Doesn't look too repetitive to me but I think I see some trees with a green trunk which doesn't exist in reality. That you should fix. But then again its just my opinion anyways.

Level 11
If this is an RPG than this tree placing is not good, you need to make Forests like in real life making them wallkable. There are many terraining tutorials on Hive that can help you, or you can just search for Terrainer.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I agree with keiji and marko9, this forest feels too melee-ish and very odd (referring to the scale), as if all the trees have been planted/grown simultaneously. You should make the placement size a random string between 0.60 and 1.25, that ought to do it and also, add some foliage.

Level 17
take the following image as a reference
url

notice how in some parts are dense with trees and others are walkable of course dont make it that dense because players will not be able to see, second notice how all the trees have the same height a forest in general does not look realistic if trees of the same type have different heights what you could do however is add some different tree types other than this you can add some terrain elevation but not too much

Status
Not open for further replies.