• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tropical island - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Making a small rpg that takes place on some tropical islands. Do you have any tips to improve? add, remove or change doodads? Im not sure what is missing but i think it's something.

BTW. What fog settings would fit with the tropical theme?

attachment.php

THX in advance :)

Attachments

• ISLAND.jpg
    ISLAND.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 392
Level 11
Firstly, if you would like it to look more authentic, replace the large trees with something more small. Large canopy trees belong in woodlands & not on tropical islands. Second replace the grass & flowers with ferns.

and about the fog, change it to dark blue & remove the region fog. You don't need region fog, it looks crass in your terrain.
That will do for now.

Level 4
For Me It's Kindly Good ..

But .. Edit These :

1. Remove The AshenVale Trees Make Them A PalmTrees
2. The CobbledStones Are On The Shore It's Preety Ugly To Me ..
3. That Shipwreck Position Makes Ugly Edit This One.

Level 14
Elevate a mountain at some point, replace trees with tropical ones - palms and stuff like that , the warcraft fence is probably the ugliest of models in the doodad section, some wildlife I guess can do good to the picture like birds, crabs, fish around the shore etc. Get the ship a bit away from the shore and add some fissures or rocks around it so it would look like it crashed there (increase ship size to 2 perhaps)

I would add some rocks around the shore mostly randomly.
Now it looks like a dead island which is getting burned by the sun itself into the yellowish radiation of oblivion. (damn) +Rep for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.