• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ratso's Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I made a little workshop on a tropical island just for fun. But there seems to be something still missing with it. Please suggest what I could do to improve it.

Also I would like to ask if anyone knows where I can get doodads made for pubs? Like chairs, small tables, a desk/bench to serve drinks on and some stuff like small lamps, maybe a painting. Anything that fits.

**EDIT**

I took a screenshot of the so called main characters house as well, though I'm not really sure I'll use that model.

Attachments

• ratso's workshop pic1.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic1.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 222
  • ratso's workshop pic2.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic2.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 210
  • ratso's workshop pic3.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 221
  • ratso's workshop pic4.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic4.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 182
  • ratso's workshop pic5.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic5.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 182
  • ratso's workshop pic6.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic6.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 234
  • ratso's workshop pic7.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic7.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 150
  • ratso's workshop pic8.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic8.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 217
  • ratso's workshop pic9.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic9.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 162
  • ratso's workshop pic10.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic10.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 208
  • mizaka's house pic1.JPG
    mizaka's house pic1.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 191
  • ratso's workshop pic11.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic11.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 157
  • ratso's workshop pic12.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic12.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 161
  • ratso's workshop pic13.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic13.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 133
  • ratso's workshop pic14.JPG
    ratso's workshop pic14.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 9
You just have to make sure you got the right path for the .blp files if there are any.

Level 9
No suggestions to give? I myself think the shelves look very empty, but I can't seem to find anything interesting to fill it with.

Level 5
Maybe a bookshelf? You could try using the Grave doodad, or even the felwood obelisk. Even the snowman doodad would be good :wink: or the power generator.

Even an insanely small world tree would be good? Scale it to 0.20 or 0.30.
Add some scaled leaves like the bush model. Raise it and you got a mini world tree :thumbs_up:

Level 9
That last suggestion is not too bad, Nindira. But he's not a book merchant. :p More of a mad scientist with alot of weird shit.

Level 5
I really need those models for the Loap im working on =D

This all looks really nice but they could use some posters or aged wall paintings. now that would be nice. The stands did u put the items on there lik ropes and statues or is that with the model because it looks nice without being so plain.

Level 9
I'm not sure if I understood your question, Palin_Twinblade. But the models are all doodads that I raised to make them "stand" on each level of the shelf.

Do you know where I can get some poster doodads and/or aged wall paintings?

Level 5
ohh ok i see i never really understoof how to raise things to walk on or just doodads period.

posters and paintings i believe i seen a couple here but i might be mistaken for another site.

Also for one kind of poster couldnt you use a flag and someway hide the post holding it up?

Level 3
Is that a shaman I see in the last picture... What is he doing?

Nice nice nice! It would be better if you can show the background of the workshop too. ^^

Level 9
Yeah, that's a shaman in the last picture.

I also updated the first post with some new screenies of Jinto's Refreshment Shop and a background picture of Ratso's Workshop, it's really the only one worth showing since I haven't finished the terrain around it yet.

Level 24
Wel if its a goblin work shop why dont u add goblin gadgets-Stasis traps,Healing Ward,pocket factoryes try to find a pocket tank without a Tinker in it(And if u do add a garage and park that tank ther it will seem that Ratso is now resting at his lil home.And add some little robo-goblins who give the impresions that theyre broken and ratso needs to repaire them.

Well these are all cooky ideas.Hope that one will make its worth in you Workshop

Level 9
Picture 9 and 10 is a working space as you can see. (I hope)

Picture 6 has Tinker Goblins on the shelves for sale.

Level 1
Not bad but you definitely need to improve...the building in which this workshop is in is just sitting there (pic1) you should make like a few grasses and maybe more trees around[the fences are a very good touch]--> maybe wana put some animals or such within them.

Change the terrain height so its not all equal. Also your panda guy is way huge compared to the cups...wana change that (pic13).

Anyways the cups are too "regiment" style and also you wanted some old paintings and such... the ult terrain map has 3 paitnings:
1)uther's portrait
2)a barren landscape
3)warcraft logo

...and so you dont get mad at my english i just want to say my first language was arabic lol

Nuke's Grade: [B+]

Last edited:
Level 32
Overall, very nice work.

Since it's a workshop, some more debris or discarded items might be included outside the building: failed experiments or cannibalized equipment (especially in the fenced-in area). The edge of the building seem too clean: a few tufts of weeds maybe?

[off-topic] This thread has been reported to moderators as containing some off-topic spam and slightly hostile posts.

~ Seven posts recycled.

Status
Not open for further replies.