• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dodge

Reactions: deepstrasz
Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.02

Description

There is 7 waves with each waves last about 2 minutes, survive those attack in order to win.

Mission Objective

Survive as long as possible.

Screenshot

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • Splatt
GUI/JASS Assistant
  • Xiliger
Loading Screen & Images
  • ap0calypse
Language, Spelling & Grammar
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Add anti-camping tower.
  • Reduce Thunder Clap damage.
  • Fix Mountain King movement.
  • Increase the tower projectile speed.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Dodge (Map)

Reviews
12:22, 31st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Proper resource crediting √ Proper description √ Proper author name √ Doesn't crash √ + 3 mini moderator T-Ups A fun little mini game, where your goal is to avoid various attack types from...

M

12:22, 31st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:

Proper resource crediting
Proper description
Proper author name
Doesn't crash
+ 3 mini moderator T-Ups

A fun little mini game, where your goal is to avoid various attack types from the computer. The last man standing is the winner. The simplicity of the game, and the small size make it a always fun to play online.

However it jumps to fast into the game itself, thus not giving the player enough time to take a spell and read what it does. What I also don't like is the Wind Walk, the cooldown is way to fast. Atleast double it.

The dodgers names are taken from the warcraft Paladin, that could be changed aswell. And the shadow is left unchanged from the Paladin model you used.

The terrain is average to lacking, however it fits the game, and it fits it's purpose, to be playable.

To conclude, it's a nice little mini game, with some nice challenges for the player, however it is quite simple, thus Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

Level 31
This mini-game map was created in approximate of 16 hours for speed mapping contest. Unfortunately it was disqualified because participant are only allowed to submit only 1 map for the contest.

Using the basic warcraft 3 spell of Wind Walk, Divine Shield, Holy Light and Mirror Image to survive those attack. There is a rune respawn every 15 seconds and AI was included, you can play with those AI if you want.

It have been tested and the balance was quite reasonable. The final waves would be the most interesting of all, so enjoy it.

Reactions: DPL
Level 31
Hehe, this is certainly fun. But I think all these rounds should take less time, Level 1 got quite bored after a minute. Level 2 scared me o.o Espacially the time that I had to survive the diffuculties of Level 2. I also think that the selection scale of that 'peasant' should be little bit smaller, it might fit better. x) Finally I got crushed by these lizards spawned by Level 2. :eek: Loading screen fits perfectly. :)
Timer window could tell us that 'Level X in', it might be more clear. I actually got confused when I saw timer window telling 'Level 4', I thought you missed making Level 3, lol.
Flame Strike level (Level 3) timer seemed okay. But damage was too low in my opinion since it's quite easy to avoid the AOE.
Level 4 (Thunder Clap) Seemed easy. The AOE of Thunder Clap spell surprised me, it seemed not balanced though. As I said, it was easy. Why? All I had to do to avoid the AOE damage was to run to the nearest corner of map and stay there waiting Level's end. AOE of Thunder Clap didn't reach me. Also some parts of map was not touchable for some time by these dwarfes. I suggest you to increase the amount of dwarfes and reduce the AOE area.
Mortar level was quite easy too. The amount of rockets seemed too low even if it has large aoe. BUT. I don't mind. :)
Wow, these flying storm bolts level is awesome, lol. Without Runes of Speed you'll lose instantly. WHY DOES IT STUN ME? >.< If it catchs you - you die. Without stun you might have chances to survive even after being cought.
Last level was nice. :D Just one problem. How to lose the storm bolts? It's level ended, but it still was chasing me until it smashed into me.
Last level should be hardest. And Level 2 seemed harder than the last one. :) That's just my opinion.
You should fix the last message shown after all the levels. Adding attacks letter and fixing word from buddy to buddies might fix the grammar mistakes.
Also system tells me that level ended, but it's still happening. Like for an example, last level, it said it's over, but bombs was still falling till every bomb, that was spawned at the moment of end, smashed. How about turning it all off like few seconds before the message telling that it's over?

As you said, it's tested, but it still looks little bit lacking for me. I won't rate this time or just yet. Good job, I must say. :)

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Played with AI players, let's go to the review:

[+] Very funny game, dodging the several and creative dangers, and with the dumb peasant.
[+] The triggers are well made, with no or few lag. In the third level, when the Flame Strikes started to appear, the gamed had some lag, but very few of them.
[+ -] The AI is decent for the game, but, in the fourth level, in the "arena" was only me and one more bot.
[+ -] The terrain isn't detailed, well, for this kind of game, terrain isn't an major thing, but I know you can do better.
[+ -] This is an minor thing, but it's strange to play with an cowardly peasant with Paladin's name...
[-] In the fourth level, when the mountain kings started to use Thunder Clap, my peasant was killed in one hit and the bot too.

Overall, an good (mini)game, well made, but still with some problems. I'll give it 3/5.

Level 31
Level 2 scared me o.o Espacially the time that I had to survive the diffuculties of Level 2.

Cause I want people to think this game was boring and all of the sudden "omg", "Wtf", "rape" and etc etc. To make it simple, it was some sort of suprise.

Timer window could tell us that 'Level X in', it might be more clear. I actually got confused when I saw timer window telling 'Level 4', I thought you missed making Level 3, lol.

Ok, I would add the word "In" in the next version.

Flame Strike level (Level 3) timer seemed okay. But damage was too low in my opinion since it's quite easy to avoid the AOE.

Don't bet on it, the purpose of the low damage was there. Do you believe somebody get killed at level 3? I test it at LAN/Internet and indeed this situation does occur. XD

I make it low damage to make everybody confidence and think they could 100% survive the level 3 even with eye closed. You know, boost their confidence make them defeated by their own confidence. XD

Level 4 (Thunder Clap) Seemed easy. The AOE of Thunder Clap spell surprised me, it seemed not balanced though. As I said, it was easy. Why? All I had to do to avoid the AOE damage was to run to the nearest corner of map and stay there waiting Level's end. AOE of Thunder Clap didn't reach me. Also some parts of map was not touchable for some time by these dwarfes. I suggest you to increase the amount of dwarfes and reduce the AOE area.

They sometimes run into corner, the huge aoe and high damage was to leave player unexpected for it. But overall, it was quite balance.

Adding more mountain king and reduce the aoe would likely to be bad idea.

Mortar level was quite easy too. The amount of rockets seemed too low even if it has large aoe. BUT. I don't mind. :)

Same like level 3. XD

Wow, these flying storm bolts level is awesome, lol. Without Runes of Speed you'll lose instantly. WHY DOES IT STUN ME? >.< If it catchs you - you die. Without stun you might have chances to survive even after being cought.

This level is to prevent user from playing solo. Still, it was possible to survive this level alone if you know how to do it.

Last level was nice. :D Just one problem. How to lose the storm bolts? It's level ended, but it still was chasing me until it smashed into me.

Hehe, I would give you 1 hint. The hint was "Ability"

Last level should be hardest. And Level 2 seemed harder than the last one. :) That's just my opinion.

Don't bet on it, stand or run to wrong place and you would get killed.

You should fix the last message shown after all the levels. Adding attacks letter and fixing word from buddy to buddies might fix the grammar mistakes.

I would ask bounty about it.

Also system tells me that level ended, but it's still happening. Like for an example, last level, it said it's over, but bombs was still falling till every bomb, that was spawned at the moment of end, smashed. How about turning it all off like few seconds before the message telling that it's over?

Don't worry about those bomb, the moment the level was over. Every player unit would became invulnerable. Once the level end, no bomb would be spawn. Those bomb that are still falling was the bomb that are spawn when the timer still going, still they won't harm you even if they reach the ground.

[+ -] The AI is decent for the game, but, in the fourth level, in the "arena" was only me and one more bot.

You probably play with easy or normal AI.

Insane AI are the only AI capable to survive till the end. Infact, there is at least 4 Insane AI survive the game from the last time I test it. Still, it depends on the luck.

The Thunder Clap event are a purpose event to kill those AI. So, even though you're dead and only bot left; you cannot depends on the bot to give you victory. Get it? XD

[+ -] This is an minor thing, but it's strange to play with an cowardly peasant with Paladin's name...

I have no idea for a nice peasant name. That's why I leave it that way, but might get it updated at next version.

But, the AI indeed have a name.

[-] In the fourth level, when the mountain kings started to use Thunder Clap, my peasant was killed in one hit and the bot too.

You cannot stay too close to more than 1 mk or you face their wraith.

Level 31
They sometimes run into corner, the huge aoe and high damage was to leave player unexpected for it. But overall, it was quite balance.
I played your map about six times and none of dwarfes ran into the corner. I still think it's not balanced. :/ Anyway.

Hehe, I would give you 1 hint. The hint was "Ability"
Alright :D You're genius.

Don't bet on it, stand or run to wrong place and you would get killed.
It's not with the last level. The destination of falling bombs was quite easily predictable, not like with with the Level 2. >.<

I would ask bounty about it.
Why? I think it's quite obvious.

Level 31
I played your map about six times and none of dwarfes ran into the corner. I still think it's not balanced. :/ Anyway.

I going to have a look at it again, the last time I play. The MK does run into corner.

It's not with the last level. The destination of falling bombs was quite easily predictable, not like with with the Level 2. >.<

But they would deal devastating damage if you get hit.

Level 3
I played this game once. Here is my experience with it.

Round 1... Boring, click far away and walk.
Round 2... Challenging, but every "Dodge" map has Rampage.
Round 3-6... Find a spot to stand in one spot.
Round 7... Dodge a lot of homing projectiles, get hit = stun = die.

Nice design for only 16 hours of editing

Recommendations:
- Allow a further back camera view so dwarf mortars can be dodged. Up their damage.
- Fix the regional-location of the thunder-clappers so they do not predictably go to one side or the other. I sat in a corner for 2 minutes go me!
(Move to center of region off set by -# to +#, then clap)
- Reduce round 1 time, add more cannons, add visible stun traps or something.

Rating 1/5

After Review Rating 3/5

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 28
This review can contain spoilers, play the map before reading please.

This map is pretty easy (for me, at least), but really well-made.

The first level was very easy - but the first level is to learn how to play and to get to know things :D
After that, it becomes a littel bit harder, but there's always a solution that will help you greatly.

In the stun-level (for example), you just have to run untill there are a lot of projectiles coming at you, use divine shield and let you hit, now the projectiles are gone.
Then use Wind Walk, avoid the projectiles untill divine shield is ready and you're done ^^

The terrain is good (symmetric... not hard to create, but it looks good :p)

The concept is almost original xD
I've seen it before, but not a single one I've seen can surpass this map.

The time you spent for this map is amazing, you really know exactly what to do (though triggers are sometimes faster than creating and balancing objects).

Very good map for the time spent on it, I'll rate it a 3/5 (almost 4/5)
+ Approval

Last edited:
Level 31
Round 1... Boring, click far away and walk.

Level 1 is to let you familiar with the game 1st.

Round 2... Challenging, but every "Dodge" map has Rampage.

Not rampage, it's stampede

Round 3-6... Find a spot to stand in one spot.

Hmm, maybe I would make a deserter system that attack any unit that are standing at the same spot longer than 5 seconds.

Round 7... Dodge a lot of homing projectiles, get hit = stun = die.

probably was round 6, storm bolt round.

- Allow a further back camera view so dwarf mortars can be dodged. Up their damage.

Their damage have been increase a lot, I do not make the camera view futher back because I do not want the projectile to be predictable.

- Fix the regional-location of the thunder-clappers so they do not predictably go to one side or the other. I sat in a corner for 2 minutes go me!

Seems like a lot of people said they walk around the middle, I would fix that soon.

- Reduce round 1 time, add more cannons, add visible stun traps or something.

Maybe I would change the projectile speed at level 1, so you need to wind walk to overcome it.

In the stun-level (for example), you just have to run untill there are a lot of projectiles coming at you, use divine shield and let you hit, now the projectiles are gone.
Then use Wind Walk, avoid the projectiles untill divine shield is ready and you're done ^^

Shhhh, don't tell the answer.

The time you spent for this map is amazing, you really know exactly what to do (though triggers are sometimes faster than creating and balancing objects).

Cause I have make a planning before I start the work. And the trigger? Nah, harder than creating and balancing objects. The AI trigger give me quite a problem at few occassion.

=====================

I have update it, so it would probably be a little more challenging.

Last edited:
Level 3
Level 1 is to let you familiar with the game 1st.

Not rampage, it's stampede

Hmm, maybe I would make a deserter system that attack any unit that are standing at the same spot longer than 5 seconds.

probably was round 6, storm bolt round.

Their damage have been increase a lot, I do not make the camera view futher back because I do not want the projectile to be predictable.

Seems like a lot of people said they walk around the middle, I would fix that soon.
I would say most players have played Uther Party and probably understand what to expect from the game Dodge.

Still could shorten round 1, add more towers, et cetera...

Rampage/Stampede. w/e couldn't think of the name.

As for the deserter system could have the firestorm spell appear under a player for standing in one location.

In regards to the mortars: If they are not somewhat predictable, then why call the game dodge? why not Russian Roullete? Being able to predict what happens and dodge it. Not by chance, avoiding rockets.

Level 31
I would say most players have played Uther Party and probably understand what to expect from the game Dodge.

There is a minority that doesn't play it. So we need to give them a chances as well.

Still could shorten round 1, add more towers, et cetera...

Adding tower would just make it inbalance. It been tested by me. Infact, 2 minutes is usually the time it been use in such a tower attack genre.

As for the deserter system could have the firestorm spell appear under a player for standing in one location

It would just ruin it with the flame strike level.

In regards to the mortars: If they are not somewhat predictable, then why call the game dodge? why not Russian Roullete? Being able to predict what happens and dodge it. Not by chance, avoiding rockets.

Predictable attack make them easy to be dodge.

Level 3
Reminder

obody is allowed to deprotect this map and edit it at their own way without my authority.

Uhh.. "Your Authority?"
Who the fuck do you think you are?
You honestly can't say that.
First, everyone has equal rights.
Second, the games you make show that the creator had the intelligence of a three-year old!

Now.. before you respond to me saying that my post is idiotic and pointless, here's how your map sucks (And how you can improve it):

1. Bad leak cleanage (Even my custom computer turns black a few seconds after the game (Ouch))
  2. Pointless Gameplay (Add a storyline! What's the point of dodging? Why not suicide?)
  3. Work harder on your maps. Half of them would take me a few minutes to complete in the editor with my eyes closed. Perhaps make more rounds here? Add more abilities and levels? Add something that is actually coded neck-deep rather then wallowing in shallow water?
  4. Add more uniqueness to this and all your other maps. Most of the maps that you made have to do with sparta/Are you an idiot? variations (Your cinematics are actually the only one-of-a-kind things you made (My opinion)).

And that's all.
Fix it and i might vote for approval.
1/5

Thank You

Level 28
Reminder

obody is allowed to deprotect this map and edit it at their own way without my authority.

Uhh.. "Your Authority?"
Second, the games you make show that the creator had the intelligence of a three-year old!

She is the original author of this map and has the right to say that.
It's like a house: nobody is allowed to enter your house unless you give them permission.

You communist! You aren't equal enough to deprotect this map! (about the "equal rights" part)

The creator of a map has more rights than a player, otherwise you could just steal every map and say "hey, we have equal rights, you are allowed to change the map, therefore I am allowed to change it"

This was also pretty insulting, please watch your language (about the "three-year old" part

here's how your map sucks (And how you can improve it)
About the first part: "Here are the bad things" was too hard to say?
Again, watch your language

Bad leak cleanage (Even my custom computer turns black a few seconds after the game (Ouch))
Yeah... I've played this online with a friend who has a 1.8GHz prebuilt PC, he didn't even lag a little...
I can't imagine a Custom PC not handle a mini-game

Pointless Gameplay (Add a storyline! What's the point of dodging? Why not suicide?)
Most basic instinct of humans: survive (that's why suicide isn't an option).
Do you know Uther Party? The game with all kinds of mini-games?
This is a more advanced mini-game, it doesn't need a storyline...
Besides, the map has been made in 16 hours (for a speed-mapping contest), a storyline would just extend the time you need for the map.

Work harder on your maps. Half of them would take me a few minutes to complete in the editor with my eyes closed.
Again: Speed-mapping contest...

Most of the maps that you made have to do with sparta/Are you an idiot?
That's the same as saying "Why create a TD/ORPG/AOS/Campaign/Altered Melee/..., that has been made a lot of times.
Actually, her maps have a rather unique gameplay (open Warcraft and try to find a dodge-map...).

I know it looks like I'm protecting Septimus, but I just have a grudge against people who review maps without even reading the description, resulting in an insulting, downrating review, without a lot of usefull hints.

Anyhow, this was a useless, flaming post

Level 31
I totally agree with ap0calypse. _obliviron_, you must be some kind of hater or something, because your facts are worth nothing.
You obviously have never heard about mini-games, am I right?
Bad leak cleanage (Even my custom computer turns black a few seconds after the game (Ouch))
If your PCU cannot fully load and handle to show you all the effects as like an explosions, you shouldn't judge by saying that it's memory leak fault. How about reducing resolution?

By the way. She?! Name Septimus sounds like boy-like, don't you think so? In my opinion, you insulted Septimus. :D

Level 3
Reply to ap0calypse:

She is the original author of this map and has the right to say that.
It's like a house: nobody is allowed to enter your house unless you give them permission.

I guess you're right, although nobody will enforce it.

You communist! You aren't equal enough to deprotect this map! (about the "equal rights" part)

???

Yeah... I've played this online with a friend who has a 1.8GHz prebuilt PC, he didn't even lag a little...
I can't imagine a Custom PC not handle a mini-game

Lag? I'm talking about leaks. The engine cleans up all the data that was used during the game (once you finish). More data, more time. Also, between levels, there is a split-second delay (freeze), which means that level changes are inefficient.

Most basic instinct of humans: survive (that's why suicide isn't an option).
Do you know Uther Party? The game with all kinds of mini-games?
This is a more advanced mini-game, it doesn't need a storyline...
Besides, the map has been made in 16 hours (for a speed-mapping contest), a storyline would just extend the time you need for the map.

Suicide was just an example. Yeah, i know Uther party. This isn't more advanced then that. Exactly the opposite. Are all his maps made for speed-contests? Seems like it.

That's the same as saying "Why create a TD/ORPG/AOS/Campaign/Altered Melee/..., that has been made a lot of times.
Actually, her maps have a rather unique gameplay (open Warcraft and try to find a dodge-map...).

Shame on you. Go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/septimus/#userresources
And then tell me that all his maps aren't based on those two variations.

It's not the same. Those are five different types of maps to make, while massing Are you an Idiot?/Sparta! doesn't seem like a good idea to me (It's his choice).

I know it looks like I'm protecting Septimus, but I just have a grudge against people who review maps without even reading the description, resulting in an insulting, downrating review, without a lot of usefull hints.

I've provided four "Hints" for him to improve his map. I've read the description (No shit, look at my first quote), and I've tried out the map quite a few times.

Now, reply to AProject:

I totally agree with ap0calypse. _obliviron_, you must be some kind of hater or something, because your facts are worth nothing.

Actually, they're all correct.

You obviously have never heard about mini-games, am I right?

No. You're wrong. I don't play Warcraft 3 much, but I'm pretty sure of these: HHF2, Uther Party, Uther Party 2.

If your PCU cannot fully load and handle to show you all the effects as like an explosions, you shouldn't judge by saying that it's memory leak fault. How about reducing resolution?

It is memory leakage. This is the second (I think) game to cause my screen to black out. Also, the resolution is fine. I can take a look at the map's coding, but with Septimus' "Authority."

Thank You

Level 28
Reply to ap0calypse:

???
I was still in the mood of the sovjet union avatars/signatures
It's jsut a joke, because you said everyone has equal rights -.-

Lag? I'm talking about leaks. The engine cleans up all the data that was used during the game (once you finish). More data, more time. Also, between levels, there is a split-second delay (freeze), which means that level changes are inefficient.
I cannot answer to this, Septimus will tell you if (s)he cleaned the leaks, or left some as they are.
I didn't have that problem, though.

Shame on you. Go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/septimus/#userresources
And then tell me that all his maps aren't based on those two variations.

It's not the same. Those are five different types of maps to make, while massing Are you an Idiot?/Sparta! doesn't seem like a good idea to me (It's his choice).
That was exactly my point, thank you for proving me right.
These maps are all made by Septimus, no-one else has made those maps (or at least not a lot of people).

Level 31
Actually, they're all correct.
Not. You seemed like reviewing a map that has like Maze type category meanwhile it's made as Mini-Game. It's just like an example. Maze type and Mini-Game type has nothing familiar, as your facts. You judge the resource for being Mini-Game while it was palnned to do maze. It's not a maze, I'm just telling an example. You tell facts that are the features of Mini-Game, just talling them the way to make it look as bad point.

It is memory leakage. This is the second (I think) game to cause my screen to black out. Also, the resolution is fine. I can take a look at the map's coding, but with Septimus' "Authority."
Since when a memory leak causes screen to black? I think it's impossible. Yes, if the author wanted to keep it that way, it might be. You have no right to blame the author for not letting you to edit his own resource.

Level 3
First goes ap0calypse:

That was exactly my point, thank you for proving me right.
These maps are all made by Septimus, no-one else has made those maps (or at least not a lot of people).

Not really. Sparta-type games: 300, TRBattle.net 300 Sparta by Diego, War of Sparta v0.1 Beta, 400 Sparta Vs 600 Persians! There are also many different Are you an idiot? games out there, which makes copying them all the less unique.

Now for AProject:

Not. You seemed like reviewing a map that has like Maze type category meanwhile it's made as Mini-Game. It's just like an example. Maze type and Mini-Game type has nothing familiar, as your facts. You judge the resource for being Mini-Game while it was palnned to do maze. It's not a maze, I'm just telling an example. You tell facts that are the features of Mini-Game, just talling them the way to make it look as bad point.

Really didn't understand that.. I'm pretty sure it's a mini-game/dodge type of map.

Since when a memory leak causes screen to black? I think it's impossible. Yes, if the author wanted to keep it that way, it might be. You have no right to blame the author for not letting you to edit his own resource.

Heh. Here's how it works.

I create a unit for player one.
I end the game.
The unit remaining is considered a leak.
Once the game ends, the War3 engine removes the leaks.
The more leaks there are, the longer it takes.
If it takes too long, the screen goes black.

And, I'm not blaming Septimus. Where did you get that from? :cq:

Thank You

Level 28
Not really. Sparta-type games: 300, TRBattle.net 300 Sparta by Diego, War of Sparta v0.1 Beta, 400 Sparta Vs 600 Persians! There are also many different Are you an idiot? games out there, which makes copying them all the less unique.

Right... have you ever played the other 300-games?
Septimus gave those maps a humouristic touch and improved them.
The maps you named aren't good (in my opinion).
If you mean that there are other Riddle-games: I've downloaded a lot of riddle-maps (every riddle-map on the hive and epicwar) and I can say that Septimus' "Are you an idiot?" is way better.
Not only doesn't it only contain riddles, it also contains logic thinking levels and the riddles are at another scale.

I can't say like all of septimus' maps, but as far as I know these maps aren't made to be the best games ever.
A mapper makes games for fun, Septimus is a perfect example for that :)

_obliviron_ said:
Uhh.. "Your Authority?"
I think APproject ment this part.
If I read it, I see "you have no right to protect the map" + you insult septimus.
Seriously: never insult people... that's the main reason why you're stuck with us now xD

I don't care if you have a personal grudge against him/her, or if you really didn't like those maps
(I guess you're the type of guy that only likes maps of an insane high quality, made in a year time - which i a straight, closed way of view).

(p.s.: Yeah, at the end of every game, all leaks are removed, which causes your screen to turn black for a moment, but I didn't have that problem with this map.)

Level 31
Uhh.. "Your Authority?"

Because I am the main author of the map and I do not need a duplicate version of my map. As I know, edited version map usually turn much sour compare to the origin version.

After all, the existence of vexorian optimizer is to reduce the amount of edited map.

Memory leak? Lol, there is no memory leak in this map. Infact, ask approject and a few user such as matmat01. I teach him and some new user on how to optimize trigger and remove memory leak.

Pointless Gameplay (Add a storyline! What's the point of dodging? Why not suicide?)

This is a mini-game, not a cinematic or neither a campaign or rpg. And ap0calypse already mention it was for speed mapping contest.

Work harder on your maps. Half of them would take me a few minutes to complete in the editor with my eyes closed. Perhaps make more rounds here? Add more abilities and levels? Add something that is actually coded neck-deep rather then wallowing in shallow water?

I make 2 map for speed mapping contest and 1 of it was this. I could make more round, but it would just make the game more bored even if you add a special/unique ability. That is why it only contain 7 round and each round last about 2 minutes.

If you think coding those AI was rather easy. Try make it yourself.

Add more uniqueness to this and all your other maps. Most of the maps that you made have to do with sparta/Are you an idiot? variations (Your cinematics are actually the only one-of-a-kind things you made (My opinion)).

Map doesn't need to be unique just to be fun. Infact, Rising_Dusk and Captain Griffen (One of a few excellent mapper) told me that a good concept is the key to success. A good concept isn't easy to be develop, that is why some game that been develop by even a professional gamer for several years sometimes lead to disastrous result.

Take a example of a game of Left 4 Dead, a fps zombie game. It doesn't have much different than most of the zombie fps game, but why a lot of people like it? Because of the concept, not because of the genre.

And that's all.
1/5

Your reason isn't valid enough to give my map a 1/5.

He probably have a computer with a ram about 256mb (The min ram require to play warcraft 3) or even lower, making it lag. Try set lower resolution to avoid lag. After all, who called you to set a extremely high resolution for a computer with low ram?

Alexis Septimus (if I'm correct xD)
I would never insult anyone :'( (going off-topic, though, let's just wait for him/her to answer )

The name could be used by male/female gender, it was sort between it.

There is no leak in this map, even player group leak was remove. The main reason why it end slow was because there is 30 seconds wait after the final waves complete.

Suicide was just an example. Yeah, i know Uther party. This isn't more advanced then that. Exactly the opposite. Are all his maps made for speed-contests? Seems like it.

The map theme was focus at evade and nothing more. After all, that is why the map was called "Dodge".

Then, go and have a look at all those 300 map at epicwar.com and hiveworkshop database. Tell me how many hundred map of it use the map originally created by Balnazzar? Even though my map follow the theme of it, but it was set with slight different; I doesn't need to make it 100% completely different.

I create a unit for player one.
I end the game.
The unit remaining is considered a leak.
Once the game ends, the War3 engine removes the leaks.
The more leaks there are, the longer it takes.
If it takes too long, the screen goes black.

Create a unit? This map, you started with 1 unit and nothing else.

Level 28
Septimus said:
The name could be used by male/female gender, it was sort between it.
I guess you're never going to tell, are you? :(
(or the "it was sort between it" refers to you, which I hope it isn't).

Septimus said:
Create a unit? This map, you started with 1 unit and nothing else.
He was just giving an example of a leak ^^ (I think...)

But I'm going to stop spamming this topic, I guess there's nothing more to say.
Every reason he gave to rate this map 1/5 has been countered.

Level 3
Reminder

Uhh.. "Your Authority?"
I think its misuse of words here _obliviron_. If I am not mistaken it should be consent instead of authority.

As far as copy right laws go generally:
1) Blizzard owns it all
2) The coding can be expressed in a written form and therefore can be interpreted as a written work of the Author. In other words the author owns the coding.

Regardless, it is unethical to take his/her work and use it as your own.

Now.. before you respond to me saying that my post is idiotic and pointless, here's how your map sucks (And how you can improve it):
This part of your comment should have been omitted by you.

This is where your constructive critism became flaming.

--------EDITED-------
you can improve it:
  1. Bad leak: My custom computer turns black a few seconds after the game starts
  2. Pointless Gameplay: What's the point of dodging?
  3. Make more rounds here? Add more abilities and levels? Add something that is actually coded?
  4. Add more uniqueness to this and all your other maps.
And that's all.
1/5
Thank You
--------EDITED-------
This is probably how your post should have looked like.

Its a lot better than RAWR RAWR RAWR!!!

Level 31
He was just giving an example of a leak ^^ (I think...)

Still, it doesn't prove my map contain those leak that he point out at his first post.

After all, everytime a new round have started. Those trigger files that was no longer necessary was destroy by Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() ) that are capable to reduce lag greatly. So it was impossible to have those error he mention.

And guess why those tower and unit was killed everytime a new round have started? I guess I already provide enough hint about it.

I think its misuse of words here _obliviron_. If I am not mistaken it should be consent instead of authority.

As far as copy right laws go generally:
1) Blizzard owns it all
2) The coding can be expressed in a written form and therefore can be interpreted as a written work of the Author. In other words the author owns the coding.

Regardless, it is unethical to take his/her work and use it as your own.

Because it sound much strict and better in my opinion. But I would probably change the word to "permission" in the future considering there is a troll like him who would just took every opportunity that could be find to flame people for their own fun.

This part of your comment should have been omitted by you.

This is where your constructive critism became flaming.

Exactly, and it isn't even constructive in my point of view. Infact, I could give even more than 1 reason that make his review absolutely isolate.

Below are my 2nd reason.

Bad leak: My custom computer turns black a few seconds after the game starts

No leak at all, infact all those trigger that are specific for each round was destroy after the round end. Bounty hunter2, the map moderator of this site have a rather old computer. In his review, he said nothing about lag and even approve it with 3/5 (Useful) rating. If there is indeed a memory leak occur, he would have never approve it at the beginning.

Pointless Gameplay: What's the point of dodging?

It was a mini-game, and mini-games have many different style. As for this map, the generic was focus more on evasion, reflex and dodge.

It might not be fun to you, but for the other it might do so. After all, different user have different taste in certain game. For example, some warcraft 3 player love to play AOS genre map while the other prefer TD genre.

Make more rounds here? Add more abilities and levels? Add something that is actually coded?

Adding more abilities doesn't mean the map would be more fun. The same goes to adding more level as well.

Take a example at a few TD map. It have 50 waves, 60 waves or even more with variety of tower available. But why some player quit after playing for an approximate 20-30 minutes or an hour? Because it tend to be repetitive, even though each waves might be slightly different; but it still the same and sometimes lead to boredom. A game that long also could possibly have lag compare to a quick game.

Also, you must think about other part. Some people might possibly play their game at cyber cafe and they play it for about an hour, but your map last about 2 hours. How would that be?

And if your map last about that long and 60-90% of the user who play it doesn't even finish it at all, does it make it worthwhile to make the game that long?

I could even add custom spell, but then again does it necessary to have it in such a map? A custom spell that might possibly require me to add a custom model into it which could increase the file size? A mini-games should not contain a custom resources because it could increase the file size of it and could possibly make it impossible to be play at full house. Even if it was a need, it should also been use carefully to avoid a huge file size.

What's your idea on those additional ability? Blink? Teleport? They could be abusive. A ability to stun teammate? No, the game theme was "Dodge" and it doesn't fit into the game. Do not forget, in order to preserve a theme of a map. It isn't a easy task considering that you need to take this into matter as well.

Let me ask you, should a map based on WW2 theme have a robot? I guess this visual is enough to tell you.

Sure, you can said it doesn't need to be full house all the time. Then again what is the purpose of setting the player limit to 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10 and etc etc? Of course it was for full house game.