1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dodge

Submitted by Septimus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.02

Description

There is 7 waves with each waves last about 2 minutes, survive those attack in order to win.

Mission Objective

Survive as long as possible.

Screenshot
Click Here

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
Section Contributer

Model
  • Splatt

GUI/JASS Assistant
  • Xiliger

Loading Screen & Images
  • ap0calypse

Language, Spelling & Grammar

Changelog
Version Status Update Information

• Beta release.

• Update detail no longer available.

• Add anti-camping tower.
  • Reduce Thunder Clap damage.
  • Fix Mountain King movement.
  • Increase the tower projectile speed.

Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Dodge (Map)

Reviews
12:22, 31st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Proper resource crediting √ Proper description √ Proper author name √ Doesn't crash √ + 3 mini moderator T-Ups A fun little mini game, where your goal is to avoid various attack types from...
  1. 12:22, 31st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:

Proper resource crediting
    Proper description
    Proper author name
    Doesn't crash
    + 3 mini moderator T-Ups

A fun little mini game, where your goal is to avoid various attack types from the computer. The last man standing is the winner. The simplicity of the game, and the small size make it a always fun to play online.

However it jumps to fast into the game itself, thus not giving the player enough time to take a spell and read what it does. What I also don't like is the Wind Walk, the cooldown is way to fast. Atleast double it.

The dodgers names are taken from the warcraft Paladin, that could be changed aswell. And the shadow is left unchanged from the Paladin model you used.

The terrain is average to lacking, however it fits the game, and it fits it's purpose, to be playable.

To conclude, it's a nice little mini game, with some nice challenges for the player, however it is quite simple, thus Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

2. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Heh just another funny map from you :xxd:

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This mini-game map was created in approximate of 16 hours for speed mapping contest. Unfortunately it was disqualified because participant are only allowed to submit only 1 map for the contest.

Using the basic warcraft 3 spell of Wind Walk, Divine Shield, Holy Light and Mirror Image to survive those attack. There is a rune respawn every 15 seconds and AI was included, you can play with those AI if you want.

It have been tested and the balance was quite reasonable. The final waves would be the most interesting of all, so enjoy it.

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, this is certainly fun. But I think all these rounds should take less time, Level 1 got quite bored after a minute. Level 2 scared me o.o Espacially the time that I had to survive the diffuculties of Level 2. I also think that the selection scale of that 'peasant' should be little bit smaller, it might fit better. x) Finally I got crushed by these lizards spawned by Level 2. :eek: Loading screen fits perfectly. :)
    Timer window could tell us that 'Level X in', it might be more clear. I actually got confused when I saw timer window telling 'Level 4', I thought you missed making Level 3, lol.
    Flame Strike level (Level 3) timer seemed okay. But damage was too low in my opinion since it's quite easy to avoid the AOE.
    Level 4 (Thunder Clap) Seemed easy. The AOE of Thunder Clap spell surprised me, it seemed not balanced though. As I said, it was easy. Why? All I had to do to avoid the AOE damage was to run to the nearest corner of map and stay there waiting Level's end. AOE of Thunder Clap didn't reach me. Also some parts of map was not touchable for some time by these dwarfes. I suggest you to increase the amount of dwarfes and reduce the AOE area.
    Mortar level was quite easy too. The amount of rockets seemed too low even if it has large aoe. BUT. I don't mind. :)
    Wow, these flying storm bolts level is awesome, lol. Without Runes of Speed you'll lose instantly. WHY DOES IT STUN ME? >.< If it catchs you - you die. Without stun you might have chances to survive even after being cought.
    Last level was nice. :D Just one problem. How to lose the storm bolts? It's level ended, but it still was chasing me until it smashed into me.
    Last level should be hardest. And Level 2 seemed harder than the last one. :) That's just my opinion.
    You should fix the last message shown after all the levels. Adding attacks letter and fixing word from buddy to buddies might fix the grammar mistakes.
    Also system tells me that level ended, but it's still happening. Like for an example, last level, it said it's over, but bombs was still falling till every bomb, that was spawned at the moment of end, smashed. How about turning it all off like few seconds before the message telling that it's over?

As you said, it's tested, but it still looks little bit lacking for me. I won't rate this time or just yet. Good job, I must say. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    QUICK-FUN. Ops caps you made, thunder clap waves to hard.

6. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    sry didnt read the comment, damn it's great with ai and everything, need to play this with some real players before rating

7. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played with AI players, let's go to the review:

[+] Very funny game, dodging the several and creative dangers, and with the dumb peasant.
    [+] The triggers are well made, with no or few lag. In the third level, when the Flame Strikes started to appear, the gamed had some lag, but very few of them.
    [+ -] The AI is decent for the game, but, in the fourth level, in the "arena" was only me and one more bot.
    [+ -] The terrain isn't detailed, well, for this kind of game, terrain isn't an major thing, but I know you can do better.
    [+ -] This is an minor thing, but it's strange to play with an cowardly peasant with Paladin's name...
    [-] In the fourth level, when the mountain kings started to use Thunder Clap, my peasant was killed in one hit and the bot too.

Overall, an good (mini)game, well made, but still with some problems. I'll give it 3/5.

8. Warhunter

Warhunter

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    yay! Another Septimus map! :D

9. LostFlip

LostFlip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, Your like one of the best map makers.
    I got lots of your maps.
    :D

10. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cause I want people to think this game was boring and all of the sudden "omg", "Wtf", "rape" and etc etc. To make it simple, it was some sort of suprise.

Ok, I would add the word "In" in the next version.

Don't bet on it, the purpose of the low damage was there. Do you believe somebody get killed at level 3? I test it at LAN/Internet and indeed this situation does occur. XD

I make it low damage to make everybody confidence and think they could 100% survive the level 3 even with eye closed. You know, boost their confidence make them defeated by their own confidence. XD

They sometimes run into corner, the huge aoe and high damage was to leave player unexpected for it. But overall, it was quite balance.

Adding more mountain king and reduce the aoe would likely to be bad idea.

Same like level 3. XD

This level is to prevent user from playing solo. Still, it was possible to survive this level alone if you know how to do it.

Hehe, I would give you 1 hint. The hint was "Ability"

Don't bet on it, stand or run to wrong place and you would get killed.

I would ask bounty about it.

Don't worry about those bomb, the moment the level was over. Every player unit would became invulnerable. Once the level end, no bomb would be spawn. Those bomb that are still falling was the bomb that are spawn when the timer still going, still they won't harm you even if they reach the ground.

You probably play with easy or normal AI.

Insane AI are the only AI capable to survive till the end. Infact, there is at least 4 Insane AI survive the game from the last time I test it. Still, it depends on the luck.

The Thunder Clap event are a purpose event to kill those AI. So, even though you're dead and only bot left; you cannot depends on the bot to give you victory. Get it? XD

I have no idea for a nice peasant name. That's why I leave it that way, but might get it updated at next version.

But, the AI indeed have a name.

You cannot stay too close to more than 1 mk or you face their wraith.

11. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:

12. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I going to have a look at it again, the last time I play. The MK does run into corner.

But they would deal devastating damage if you get hit.

13. staffanpro

staffanpro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map! the Thunder claps was cinda hard at v1.00 but i c you changed it good. great work!

14. kyle150

kyle150

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played this game once. Here is my experience with it.

Round 1... Boring, click far away and walk.
    Round 2... Challenging, but every "Dodge" map has Rampage.
    Round 3-6... Find a spot to stand in one spot.
    Round 7... Dodge a lot of homing projectiles, get hit = stun = die.

Nice design for only 16 hours of editing

Recommendations:
    - Allow a further back camera view so dwarf mortars can be dodged. Up their damage.
    - Fix the regional-location of the thunder-clappers so they do not predictably go to one side or the other. I sat in a corner for 2 minutes go me!
    (Move to center of region off set by -# to +#, then clap)
    - Reduce round 1 time, add more cannons, add visible stun traps or something.

Rating 1/5

After Review Rating 3/5

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  15. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This review can contain spoilers, play the map before reading please.

This map is pretty easy (for me, at least), but really well-made.

The first level was very easy - but the first level is to learn how to play and to get to know things :D
    After that, it becomes a littel bit harder, but there's always a solution that will help you greatly.

In the stun-level (for example), you just have to run untill there are a lot of projectiles coming at you, use divine shield and let you hit, now the projectiles are gone.
    Then use Wind Walk, avoid the projectiles untill divine shield is ready and you're done ^^

The terrain is good (symmetric... not hard to create, but it looks good :p)

The concept is almost original xD
    I've seen it before, but not a single one I've seen can surpass this map.

The time you spent for this map is amazing, you really know exactly what to do (though triggers are sometimes faster than creating and balancing objects).

Very good map for the time spent on it, I'll rate it a 3/5 (almost 4/5)
    + Approval

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  16. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Level 1 is to let you familiar with the game 1st.

Not rampage, it's stampede

Hmm, maybe I would make a deserter system that attack any unit that are standing at the same spot longer than 5 seconds.

probably was round 6, storm bolt round.

Their damage have been increase a lot, I do not make the camera view futher back because I do not want the projectile to be predictable.

Seems like a lot of people said they walk around the middle, I would fix that soon.

Maybe I would change the projectile speed at level 1, so you need to wind walk to overcome it.

Shhhh, don't tell the answer.

Cause I have make a planning before I start the work. And the trigger? Nah, harder than creating and balancing objects. The AI trigger give me quite a problem at few occassion.

=====================

I have update it, so it would probably be a little more challenging.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  17. kyle150

kyle150

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would say most players have played Uther Party and probably understand what to expect from the game Dodge.

Still could shorten round 1, add more towers, et cetera...

Rampage/Stampede. w/e couldn't think of the name.

As for the deserter system could have the firestorm spell appear under a player for standing in one location.

In regards to the mortars: If they are not somewhat predictable, then why call the game dodge? why not Russian Roullete? Being able to predict what happens and dodge it. Not by chance, avoiding rockets.

18. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is a minority that doesn't play it. So we need to give them a chances as well.

Adding tower would just make it inbalance. It been tested by me. Infact, 2 minutes is usually the time it been use in such a tower attack genre.

It would just ruin it with the flame strike level.

Predictable attack make them easy to be dodge.

19. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Upload! Let's play soon... Hail to our Mother Russia!!!