• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Do you think aliens exist?

Do you think Aliens exist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
IUm sure they do. aliens means beings that arent on this earth right, so that also includes bacteria. if u mean other intelligent creatures like us, i still think yes, cuz there r thousands of others suns, so there just have to be other intelligent aliens :roll:

btw.. no1 voted 'no' yet :)

Level 4
indeed ramza, there are so many more galxies out their... i was watching the "science" channel and it was showing what kind of life their might be on other planets, it was quite facinating actually.. flying whales.. flamingo like killers, green water, treants.. yeah turn it on the science channel sometime, its pretty cool.

the chances of intelligent life in space somehwere is so incredibly small that I think there is no intelligent besides us.
I think there are no aliens, I could be wrong though, but I will probably never know for sure.
but if they do exits, they would probably look totaly different form anything we know exists on earth, eyes, legs, nose etc. would probably be unknown to them.

Level 22
indeed ramza, there are so many more galxies out their... i was watching the "science" channel and it was showing what kind of life their might be on other planets, it was quite facinating actually.. flying whales.. flamingo like killers, green water, treants.. yeah turn it on the science channel sometime, its pretty cool.

ye i know that :D its called 'Extraterrestial life' i thought

but if they do exits, they would probably look totaly different form anything we know exists on earth, eyes, legs, nose etc. would probably be unknown to them.

kind of, but ofcourse they need to breathe and something to move. so land creatures Must have Something like legs right?

I belive yes to beings outside of earth.

There arnt "suns", and all planets discovered cant support life (Most a balls of gas 2-5 times jupiters size, and teperatures are around 1300F!!). However, there are other stars that might support life around it. Several organisms can adapt over time to an enviorment.

Also, on topic, there might be aliens in our own solar system. Although we have gone there, gas giants are so massive, somewhere in it, could be flying or floating creatures that are called, acoording to the books, Floaters and swordtails. Also, on Europa, on of Jupiters moons, there is actually an ice flow that is known to have liquid water under it. It could be possible life could stay there. And on pluto, we havent even seen a good enough image of it. Most things wpould survive insane temps, but could possibly last.

ALSO, there has been another planet discovered over the summer, titled UB303 if im correct. Life is not predicted to live there, for it is 8 billion miles away from the sun...but hey, it is neat. And we have found a moon orbiting the planet.

So im voting yes.

kind of, but ofcourse they need to breathe and something to move. so land creatures Must have Something like legs right?

In a book i read called "our universe", one of the organisms on Europa was mouthless, noseless, and legless. It skated along the ice and absorbed some of the neutriants in the water, via skin. It was also green to take in sunlight for its own food.

They dont have to breathe, fungi is a perfect example of organisms on earth that do not need air. only light and food and water. THough some fungi just need food i think...im more physics and astronomy than biology though.

Level 22
There arnt "suns", and all planets discovered cant support life (Most a balls of gas 2-5 times jupiters size, and teperatures are around 1300F!!). However, there are other stars that might support life around it. Several organisms can adapt over time to an enviorment.

yes we think the temperature is to hot or to cold. but im sure there r organisms that can live in that temmperature

They dont have to breathe, fungi is a perfect example of organisms on earth that do not need air. only light and food and water

really?? :shock: isnt there some air in the food or sumthing? :? thats so weird

Ramza said:
NO, even on earth there are animals without legs that still manage to go forward, like forexample: Snakes, snails, legless lizards, fish.
some animals don't even move at all, like sponges, yes sponges are animals
and there are also bacteria the don't breath oxigen.
etc. etc. the list goes on and on, if there is life outside earth, it will highly likely be unlike anything you've seen before.

Level 25
The odds of life on other planets existing is greater than the odds that we're the only life in the entire universe

Thusly, aliens probably do exist. They probably look so odd and strange to us that we would barely even think they're an alien, yet alone a creature, but they probably exist

Level 2
I find it very hard to believe that we're the only ones in the universe. We now know that in the universe there are billions of galxies which each hold billions of stars. You do the math.

if there is life outside earth, it will highly likely be unlike anything you've seen before.

True. Earth is a really unique planet. It actually is the perfect distance, perfect temperature. Actually, Mercury, venus, mars, even pluto are almost impossible to find. We may be one of the only solar systems with that kinds of planets. Most are over the size of jupitur, have no moons, only 3 planets around the stars and are over 1300F. Some moons have a higher chancew than them.

If we do find life, if will have adapted in a strange way (ex. no need for water, air is useless to them, they take in food via chloroplasts.)

Ramza said:
if the 'no-voters' still read this topic, can u comment why u voted no? i want to know :p
Me, why? logic

True. Earth is a really unique planet. It actually is the perfect distance, perfect temperature.
Wrong wrong wrong, life is simply adapted to the environment it lives in. Nothing is perfect, nothing.

Level 12
I'm sure that there are simple one-cell life at least. Those little things have a really strong ability to adapt to the enviroment. For example, here on earth there are bacterias that love to swim in boiling sulphuric acid. Others loves to be near atomic reactors and some can even endure water abouve 100 degree c (which was said to not be possible for living beings not long ago).
More intellignet life probably exist I think but not near the level of humans.

He he, when talking about lots of planets and star systems. Let's think of paralell universes...

Wrong wrong wrong, life is simply adapted to the environment it lives in. Nothing is perfect, nothing.

Your wrong wrong wrong olof. Life isnt just adapted, its unique. Our planet can sustain us since it is just the right way away to contain plants for air, liquid water, and a sustainable climate

Me, why? logic

Not logic, random guesses. Your good at models. Skip logic, you never will get anywhere with that considering:

the chances of intelligent life in space somehwere is so incredibly small that I think there is no intelligent besides us.

Oh, and lets look at your quote earlier "brainiac!"

Level 22
Quote:
True. Earth is a really unique planet. It actually is the perfect distance, perfect temperature.

ye i agree with that, for us its perfect yes (well.. not even perfect, i hate wind :evil: ) but for everything that doenst live on earth its like a hell for them, maybe :p

Level 2
Actually Matt540 and olofmoleman, we have adapted to the earth perfectly as olofmole said but the earth itself is also correctly capable of holding life which can evolve at a fast rate as life in say one of the moons of jupiter may be adapted to its environment but will change slowly.

Also we as humans have changed the earth for it be more useful for us.

Level 22
Also we as humans have changed the earth for it be more useful for us.

no thats not true, the only thing we do is destroying forests and destroying the ozon layer. yes ofcourse, before it gets to hot on earth we will probably have inventions to protects the (very weak, not adepted) humans, but all animals will certenly die, exept some animals that know to adept to the warmth fast enough like camels and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.