1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aliens

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dark Master, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Karouk

Karouk

Resources:
    Resources:
    When people think of aliens, the mostly think of advanced intelligent beings.

I however, think that they are no smarter then us, but ina state of pre-evolution, but have surpassed their intelligent capability, meaning: They are pre-evolved humans with the intellegence of humans.

However, I DO believe there COULD be a colony of beings with high intellegence...

2. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, yes. But, I think, if somewhere are intelligent aliens, that they are friendly to us.

3. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not if they got a planet that's overpopulated too and the only closeby terran planet is Earth.

4. ike_ike

ike_ike

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I think people looking for 'life as we know it' are retards, primarily because the likelihood of there being life like we know it being somewhere near ... zero.

For example, it's possible that there could be aliens on Mars et cetera, only they're undetectable for us due to differing body composition or whatever.

5. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    So war is the only option? Are we that cruel?

Iron Sky

6. reza sword2

reza sword2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sadly, yes.

There's no reason to deny lifeforms in outer space.

7. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe that if we ever met an intelligent life form that traveled from its homeland to earth, it would be too 'great' for us to comprehend. i believe this because look at humanity. we are constantly at war, do you think that we could honestly go to another planet or visit another race while we still have our own problems? we would have to either have the entire world under our control in terms of no disruption. our civilization would have to have complete control over ourselves, which any alien race would have over themselves before they would come to us. when we meet aliens, they will be an extreme. they will either be warlike or peaceful, but i say peaceful. warlike nations (atleast human nations) never flourish long. who knows though. if an alien race/nation came to earth, they will know much more about life than we do.

8. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We manage to have a space program while at war. So yes.

9. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, someone will flee to another planet....

10. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Life? = yes
    Will it be like Star Trek? = no

11. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    a space program, that is nothing compared to colonizing a planet or visiting another civilization.
    you would need tremendous resources and human willpower to flee to another planet. its not like in WoW where you go through a portal and end up in another planet. at least not yet >=P

12. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not to mention that you'd need an atmospheare to keep any oxygen bound to the plant, and the time it would take to engineer trees that can grow without much oxygen to support them. Once we figure out these problems, then its time to leave.

So leaving to escape from death would be a very stupid idea unless you have some secret place to live in.

13. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    It will not be like in Star Wars, Star Trek....

14. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, lets get back to the aliens, what would we classify as an alien? would we recognize it as an alien when we found it, would we even be able to identify it with our technology??

15. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, one of us must see them....

16. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alien is just a general name for everything unknown. In terms of space aliens it's pretty much anything that is alive outside our planet.

17. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Originally by Dark Master
    "Oh, I forgot, we had contacts with them - there was RED rain in India once."-----when?

I do believe aliens exist. We just need to wait.

18. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, aliens can be like us....

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's funny to see the thread creator mock his own thread.

Post #1 You: Hai guys do u thinkz alienz exist? I do.
    Post #2 Someone completely else: [Insert TL;DR scientific, boring Medivh Tower thing here]
    Post #3 You: Alienz don't exist lol.

I say and repeat once more: Have. Patience.

20. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe there are various kinds of aliens out there. Somewhere there is probably an alien "SUPER RACE" that has advanced technology and have inhabited more than just a single planet. Somewhere out there is also a race that has similar technology like us. Somewhere out there is an alien race that is less developed than us and lastly somewhere out there is an alien race which is just bacteria, etc.