• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Do banned Wc3 Accounts become unbanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all: I'm german and my english isn't the best one so please forgive me when i make mistakes.

And now my question:
I loaded a maphack to test it in a normal dota match, it was funny to see everything and so i used it in one other match. And today, i wanted to login into battle.net and it says "Your account has been closed(8)" (Can be another text due i just translated it from german). And my question is : Will my Account become unbanned after some time? I've read that when you cheat the first time your CD-Serial will be banned for 30 days but in my case i can login with other Accounts but i want my old one back :(

Hope someone can give me an answer.

Greetz
Golden-Sun

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No, your account is closed forever I believe.
However as long as you do not try logging into it for a long time, it should eventually be deleted so you can remake it and reuse the name.

That is what you get for maphacking and not hacking the map. . . lol. By this I mean that some maps literly have map hack codes built into the triggers. I am still waiting for some stupid LOAP or something to get someone banned because of the way it works.

Anyway, I advise deleting the maphack from your PC, all other maphacks you have got and scanning your PC for viruses. You were lucky but I advise you do not take such a risk ever again. What is more suprising is they even warnned all people that they are checking custom games for map hack so why you used one is beyond me.

Level 1
I just thought that custom games were not under the "eyes" of blizzard. however, i will check in 3 months the availibity of the name, thx anyway.

Level 12
I don't believe it will be closed forever.

When my older brother would cheat and starcraft and got caught, he was banned for 30 days. And lost chat privileges.

When my cousin Dwight used a hack in ladder game on warcraft 3, he was banned for 30 days.

But they may be harsher with the rules now.

*Note I am not like my brother or cousin lol, I don't do that.

Level 9
Well, those bastard DoTA players deserve it! Anyway, you'll need to have 3 months of inactivity for a account to be gone. Also, if you don't do 2 hours of online in your first 48 hours with an account, then it'll be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.