• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Dispel Magic Nova!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So i am helping ma frend on his ubar map (i say it is secret cuz it is. okay?)

Lolz so i notice him using normal dispel magic but i say wtf it dispel all buffs??
and he like ye but wtf cant make it other way and i say OKAY I MAKE TRIGGER SPELL AND NOVA, UBER COOL HUH?
He say okay so i do it.
But it no works. SUPER STRANGE. PLZ HALP ME/US.

OK JUST SO U PPL KNOW: I MADED THIS SELF MADE OK?? NO STEALT.
ANIMATION WORKS FINE OKAY.

The spell is supposed to do this:
  1. Dispel negative buffs on allied units
  2. Dispel positive buffs on enemy units
  3. Damage summoned units by 200.

• Dispel Nova
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dispel Magic (dansaDisco2)
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 60, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Magic nova for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Breath Of Frost ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (6.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Unit - Add a 0.40 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Picked player))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Negative buffs from (Picked unit)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is Summoned) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Positive buffs from (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Positive buffs from (Picked unit)

(Oh between, I am typing with this bad grammar on purpose, sorry.)

Level 5
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Picked player))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • BLA
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • BLA BLA BLA
      • BLA BLA BLA
change it to:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))) and do (Actions)
...matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))) and do (Actions)

not sure if it will completely fix it, but that defiantly isn't helping you.

also that 1 second wait can mess up the triggering unit if another hero uses that skill within that 1 second, might want to set the triggering unit to a variable (either local or a unitarray[player number])
might also wanna check out http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/things-leak-35124/

Status
Not open for further replies.