• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling creep behavior for Neutral Passive (or specific units)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need to be able to issue orders for a Neutral Passive to move around the map without having it start running back towards it's spawn location whenever it feels like it. Changing the global Guard Distance variables is not an option since the map has actual creeps that I want to function normally.
I'm doubtful there is a clean solution for this as I have already tried a lot, including a trigger that registers when the unit is ordered to go back and instead orders it to move to the place it's actually supposed to go (which for some reason doesn't trigger every time the unit tries to move back), but figure I might as well ask and see if anyone knows of a way to do it.

Level 18
An easy solution is to change the owner of the unit to an unused player temporarily. Change the owner back to Neutral Passive after Guard Return Time, which is by default 5 seconds.

Attached below is a test map that shows that the above solution works. Just a heads up, the test map was made in Reforged.

Attachments

• PreventSpawnReturn.w3m
    17.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Level 7
While I technically have 3 unused player slots, I'd prefer not having to dedicate one to this. Just for the record though, would setting the player "Controller" under Player Properties to Neutral also result in Creep behavior for that player's units? (And if not, what exactly is the difference between setting the Controller to Neutral and Computer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.