• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] diolog/log help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to figure out a way to show a certain player his variables witout using text functions. right now in my guild was map if you want to see what your attributes are you have to type -stat, if you want to view anything like skills equipment, or equipment upgrades ect. you have to type in a text function to display them.

Well I thought it would be easier if I used the quest log to display these and I realized 1, it doesnt update when the variables change, and 2, it shows to all the players I think rather then a specific player. does anyone know any in game diologs or logs or custom ones I can use to display these custom variables with the click of a button rather then typing a text function?

thanks in advance

Level 13
Well every time it changes, replace the dialog button with a new one. I don't know how to solve the other problem since I don't work with dialog buttons.
Anyways, maybe you can do text functions in the middle of the screen so it doesn't look too ordinary?

Level 4
well actually the real problem is when you do the text function it tells you all of what you want to see in a game messege and its really hard to read becuase theres so much in it... youd have to look in the messege log just to see it all...

Status
Not open for further replies.