• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Different Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm using different areas that are entered by regions in my map, once you enter region X , you're teleported to another area to region Y.
Problem is, I don't know how to properly reveal all the area you are currently in and make all the others areas of the map fogged and black, my map uses a camera system that zooms in/out in the character, and when the player zooms out too much, he can see the other inacessible revealed or just fooged because of the unit's sight range.
I tried limiting map bounds to the current area that the player is, but didn't worked because of my camera system that locks to the hero and zooms.
I'd like to know more about visibility modifiers, fog, black mask and stuff like that...if someone could link me to a tutorial or explain here...

Another questions I have are : how to prevent first casting lag, how to prevent new hero creation lag(when a player chooses a hero and it's created it lags) and I'd like to know if there's an easy way to place units in the map by triggers to reduce loading time.
+rep to people who help!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.