• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Different gold and wood icon for each race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys once again I have a question that I wanted to ask, so what you're gonna do is just raise you're left hand if you have a decent answer. Like this :goblin_yeah:

Question: For example the human race in the interface they had a gold and wood icon as a resource, then comes the orc could I set a different icon for their resource like a wolf icon for the wood?

It might be possible if very race uses a prefix for it however I don't think they do, I think they all use the same setting which sadly makes your idea impossible. Cool idea though make sure to check for something like http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/idle-worker-263697/ because well you never know, maybe there is some kind of human\icon then orc\icon there for gold/lumber UI.

Haven't noticed it myself, just hoping for a possibility.

Another method is to use gold and lumber globally for something else and use a leaderboard or multiboard for your custom icon resources. Other ways are a bit too complex for most to use though.

Level 13
It might be possible if very race uses a prefix for it however I don't think they do, I think they all use the same setting which sadly makes your idea impossible. Cool idea though make sure to check for something like http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/idle-worker-263697/ because well you never know, maybe there is some kind of human\icon then orc\icon there for gold/lumber UI.

Haven't noticed it myself, just hoping for a possibility.

Another method is to use gold and lumber globally for something else and use a leaderboard or multiboard for your custom icon resources. Other ways are a bit too complex for most to use though.

Yeah I thought about the multiboard or leader board, but I didn't like that. We can change the gold and wood icon in the gameplay constants, sadly it goes all for the races. Tnx for the concern guys.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Why not use a multiboard for that? You can put any icons on there.
Its a bother, but it will do what you want.

Level 13
Why not use a multiboard for that? You can put any icons on there.
Its a bother, but it will do what you want.

Well there's only 1 thing that I should put in there, power and its gathered in the gold mine so it will be small. Can you show me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.