• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Difference between Dodge, Lighten, and White Paint Brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Is there a difference between Dodge, Lighten, and White Paint Brush tools? Is there a difference between Burn, Darken, and Black Paint Brush tools?

I would like to know in case this affects any of my skins, and I'm just curious.

Re: Difference between Dodge, Lighten, and White Paint Brush

Ki said:
Is there a difference between Dodge, Lighten, and White Paint Brush tools? Is there a difference between Burn, Darken, and Black Paint Brush tools?

I would like to know in case this affects any of my skins, and I'm just curious.
dodge and burn work well on colors since they dont dull the colors when you chnge their shade or tint. darken and makes sure that you only darken in case there is a darker color. lighten is the same. the normal brush places the color, but if you put black on red, it will turn it slightly to a tone, making it more dull.

Dodge - Used for shine.
Burn - Used for damaged skin and flesh. As it says.. it burns the painting. It's like taking a drawing and putting a flame close to it.
Lighten - This tool is useless in my opinion, but when you have the kinds of Soft Light, Hard Light. They may be useful. And I know my friend Rochon uses Vivid Light alot, but it's kinda hard to use.
Darken - Well.. darkening some colors would work. But trying it on a already dark color won't help.

I prefer using white for lights, but I use darker tones, not black, on the shadow. Sometime using a yelloish white color makes it look a bit more alive. :)

Level 18
burn is nothing like putting a flame near the drawing...

Dodge: A very sharp lightening tool.
Burn: A very sharp darkening tool.

Lighten: a soft lighten.
Darken: a soft darken.

Lighten RGB: ignores color, soft lighten.
Darken RGB: ignores color, soft darken.

White: works just like paint.(the way i skin)
Black: works just like paint.(the way i skin)

remember if you using colors like they are paint dont use solid colors on the canvas mix them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.