• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Die master ! I don't wanna Order - Stop !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone !

I am front of a huge problem :
In my map, some spells have to be stoped in some cases, so i use a
  • Unit - A unit Starts casting a spell
event, and after checking conditions, a
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
trigger.

It worked well, but today units don't want to listen this order anymore :eek:
I made a test trigger :
  • Test bug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts casting a spell
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
And units still start the effect of an ability when using it !

Have anyone an idea about why does it happen ?
I checked everything i did before the bug appears and i can't find the problem :/ Maybe some kind of leaks ? Lags ?
I don't know where to search, that's why i'm asking if this is a known bug due to a specific thing.

Btw : i can upload the map if needed.

Thank you in advance !

Level 4
Thanks, using pause and instantly unpause before using "Stop" order seems to solve the problem.

But still, i'm really curious, why does it happen ? ^^
Maybe triggers are longer to work than the time between "Starts" and "Inits effect" of an ability ?

Level 4
Any idea of what did i do wrong to make the bug appears ? As it wasn't the case a few days ago.
Knowing it would helps me not having this problem again ;p
And i bet this isn't the only bug due to this, if i created some kind of delay, it may also be a problem for other things in my map, no ?

Btw : t4i Maker

Level 4
I think i understand it, even if the "why now and not a few days ago" keeps being a mistery to me :p

I was a bit scared about seeing another bug due to this latency, that's why i asked :)

Thank you for answers !

Level 37
Start testing:
  • Wait
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 60.00 seconds the text: (String((Elapsed time for timer)))
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

Level 20
Start testing:
  • Wait
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 60.00 seconds the text: (String((Elapsed time for timer)))
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

That's weird... I tested both 0.00 wait and 0.01 wait but the results were the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.