• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Stop/Giving Order clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi. I have an ability in my map where you can charge up for 5 seconds or cancel pre-maturely using 'stop'.
Sadly, I can't disable all of the abilities (this could be an answer to my problem if you know how to disable the hero abilities). Anyway, the problem is while you're charging energy you can still cast spells...which is a problem. I tried doing something like this, but it just considers every order as a 'stop'.

• Failed Flight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Energy Charge (Ground)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To VegetaPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VegetaPoint)

Hi. I have an ability in my map where you can charge up for 5 seconds or cancel pre-maturely using 'stop'.
Sadly, I can't disable all of the abilities (this could be an answer to my problem if you know how to disable the hero abilities). Anyway, the problem is while you're charging energy you can still cast spells...which is a problem. I tried doing something like this, but it just considers every order as a 'stop'.

• Failed Flight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Energy Charge (Ground)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To VegetaPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VegetaPoint)

have you set VegetaPoint to a location? maybe its better to just order him to stop.

you can disable his other abilities if you use the spell "channel" as the base spell....

Level 15
have you set VegetaPoint to a location? maybe its better to just order him to stop.
Yes, I did...the problem with it is if I order him to stop then the spell will end

you can disable his other abilities if you use the spell "channel" as the base spell....
Not like that. The spell is based on channel and I already tried disabling other abilities. The problem with that is that I can't turn the hero during it if I disable abilities. I meant make them unusable.

An example would be like in 13lur's Pokemon RPG where he used 'Cancel' to 'DSBTN' all of the abilities...confusing, I know.

oh I think I got it wrong..

I cannot understand what you would like because you said that he can pre-maturely stop the spell by ordering stop and then you said that the only problem is that he can still cast spells while charging.....
I'm confused...

but here's my new guess... you would want to make him still movable while charging but make his other skills unusable, and that he would only stop charging if you order him to stop, am I right??

If that is what you want then you can just create a trigger that creates dummy unit for an enemy player (neutral hostile maybe) then make the dummy cast a silencing spell to your caster whenever he starts charging.....

Status
Not open for further replies.