• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III PvP Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Diablo III PvP Arena
by Booody, Hell Gate​

diablocolor.jpg

Hello and welcome to my project introduction.
My new Diablo III map is a fast Arena PvP map with many references
to the Diablo III PvP Trailer.

The map is my fourth Diablo III map and has many similarities with my previous maps.

Features:

Heroes:
Player can pick Barbarian, Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor hero to play with.

Triggered Abilities:
All abilities are custom made: You will see awesome special effects within game! From basic killing enemies to powerful spells! Almost all skills are dependent on attributes and have special rune effects.

Large Pool of Skills:
There are 10 skills for each class (total 50). You select 5 skills of 10 for your hero.

Traits:
You can select one of 3 traits for each class. Traits are passive skills. They determine your game considerably.

HeroesPlayable with up to 6 Players:
You can play game with max 6 players! Modes 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3.

Gold and Heal Orb drops:
You can heal yourself when you run over a heal orb and you can pick gold to buy items.

Items:
You can buy items in shop to improve your might.

Diablo like Arena:
The arena is almost like the Diablo 3 PvP trailer.

How to play:

At the beginning the host chooses the number of rounds (12,21 or 30 rounds). Each player chooses a hero who starts on level 10. Each player has a preparation room. There the player prepares his hero for the fight in a preparation time. There are 4 building: skills, traits, items, runes.

In the skillshop, there are 10 skills for each class to choose from. Players choose five skills from there. Any skill excludes an other specific skill and is placed in a specific skill slot. All skills have 9 levels. Each player has 10 skill points (lumber section) at the beginning. Each skill costs 1 point per skill level. You can max 3 points to invest in a skill at the beginning.

In the traitshop you choose traits (passive skills). There are 3 traits per class. The first trait point is free. Any other trait levels costs gold. For example, the Wizard selects one from the following traits:

Glass Cannon:
Level 1 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 15%, but reduces Armor by -5.
Level 2 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 25%, but reduces Armor by -8.
Level 3 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 35%, but reduces armor by -11.

Expanded Mind:
Level 1 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 200, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 2 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 300, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 3 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 400, so you can cast spells more often.

Conjured Armor:
Level 1 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 6, and the Movement Speed by 10%.
Level 2 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 9, and the Movement Speed by 15%.
Level 3 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 12, and the Movement Speed by 20%.

Each class has his own traits.

In the itemshop you can buy items. You collect gold throughout the game. Higher-value items costs more gold.

In the runeshop you can buy runes. Runes are relatively inexpensive. Runes increases skills (for example increases skill damage, add a new effect, changed skill effect etc.). A rune increases a specific of the selected skills. You can carry max. 2 runes.

After the preparation round starts the battle round. Every 3 battle rounds all heroes will receive +3 levels, +3 skillpoints, +goldbonus and a new preparation round starts. Here you can invest the collected gold in new items, runes, or trait levels. And you can improve your skills. The maximum hero level is 30. The team which has the most kills at the end wins.

Skills:

Barbarian:

Cleave
Warshout
Seismic Slam
Weapon Throw
Leap Attack
Ground Stomp
Furious Charge
Ancient Spear (in Development)
Whirlwind
Battle Rage

Wizard:

Electrocute
Charged Bolt
Arcane Orb
Spectral Blades
Energy Twister
Frost Nova
Hydra
Meteor
Slow Time
Teleportation

Witch Doctor:

Firebomb
Poison Dart (in Development)
Summon Mongrels
Spirit Walk
Locust Swarm
Acid Cloud
Plague of Toads
Corpse Spiders
Soul Harvest
Fetish Army

Monk:

Crippling Wave
Hands of Lightning
Way of the Hundred Fists
Exploding Palm
Serenty
Blinding Flash
Holy Aura
Dominate Aura
Seven Sided Strike
Wave of Light

Demon Hunter:

Molten Arrow
Entangling Shot
Fan of Knives
Vault
Grenade
Bola Shot
Spike Trap
Shock Spike
Multishot
Warden (in Development)

Project Leader: Booody
Triggerer: Hell Gate

Alpha

Final version v.1.0 :
Terrain 100%
Units 100%
Spells 100%
Items 100%

The map is inspired from Cloudwolfs map.

Screenshots:

wc3scrnshot020211145317.jpg

wc3scrnshot020211145157.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911121054.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911123621.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911161448.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911165946.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911235152.jpg

wc3scrnshot012611195034.jpg

Thanks to the following persons:

Cloudwolf for his fantastic map and the inspiration to this map.
Hell Gate for the trigger systems.

I hope you like my project. I am glad for suggestions, opinions and criticism :csmile:

Last edited:
Level 2
U rly want ur maps to be like diablo 3 ill give u that xD.Also ur maps seem to get better
with every single one u make...:goblin_good_job:

Level 12
wow screens seems nice :)
rep :)
i am looking forward what will be come out of the project :)
do you already have a heroselection system?
and the inventar you can make like here
and heroselection system
go to hero class progress there you can see it :)

I think I don't need a full screen inventory for this map. It is to make too complicated. A fullscreen inventory would be more appropriate for PvE maps. But I will not do it.
There is the normal Hero Selection screen as in my other maps.

Excellent transition between Diablo 3 and Warcraft 3. Just from the screenshots, it looks quite enjoyable.

Are the heroes leveling and learning skills normally or are they given all skills at the beginning?

Let me explain how the game runs:
The host chooses the number of rounds (12,21 or 30 rounds).
Each player chooses a hero who starts on level 10. Each player has a preparation room. There the player prepares his hero for the fight in a preparation time. There are 4 building: skills, traits, items, runes.

In the skillshop, there are 10 skills for each class to choose from. Players choose five skills from there. Any skill excludes an other specific skill and is placed in a specific skill slot. All skills have 9 levels. Each player has 10 skill points (lumber section) at the beginning. Each skill costs 1 point per skill level. You can max 3 points to invest in a skill at the beginning.

In the traitshop you choose traits (passive skills). There are 3 traits per class. The first trait point is free. Any other trait levels costs gold. For example, the Wizard selects one from the following traits:

Glass Cannon:
Level 1 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 15%, but reduces Armor by -5.
Level 2 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 25%, but reduces Armor by -8.
Level 3 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 35%, but reduces armor by -11.

Expanded Mind:
Level 1 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 200, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 2 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 300, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 3 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 400, so you can cast spells more often.

Conjured Armor:
Level 1 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 6, and the Movement Speed by 10%.
Level 2 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 9, and the Movement Speed by 15%.
Level 3 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 12, and the Movement Speed by 20%.

Each class has his own traits.

In the itemshop you can buy items. You collect gold throughout the game. Higher-value items costs more gold.

In the runeshop you can buy runes. Runes are relatively inexpensive. Runes increases skills (for example increases skill damage, add a new effect, changed skill effect etc.). A rune increases a specific of the selected skills. You can carry max. 2 runes.

After the preparation round starts the battle round. Every 3 battle rounds all heroes will receive +3 levels, +3 skillpoints, +goldbonus and a new preparation round starts. Here you can invest the collected gold in new items, runes, or trait levels. And you can improve your skills. The maximum hero level is 30. The team which has the most kills at the end wins.

Last edited:
Level 3
Bump for this great project!

I've completed all 3 of your previous maps and the gameplay is awesome, eeagerly waiting for this map to come! ^^

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

You must be a spy inside Blizz, stealing all their stuff and creating wc3 maps out of it.

Stunning. And I haven't even played yet...

100/100!
And a complimentary cookie!

Level 2
The most critical stuff.

- demon hunters molten arrow is doing enough damage to one shot others and has no cd
- the barbarian is kind of useless with the fury system
- you can shoot through walls and pillars

this is pretty much what made most random people leave after a few rounds.

Level 19
Hmm... Maybe giving the Barbarian some sort of 'charge' spell to get 'mana' when he's not in combat, while making it channeling?

Level 12
Hmm... Maybe giving the Barbarian some sort of 'charge' spell to get 'mana' when he's not in combat, while making it channeling?

A new version is online (v.1.0b).
I have the Barbarian revised. Using Cleave or Warshout he now receives mana (rage) depending on skill level. Also Weapon Throw and Seismic Slam costs no more mana, but they have a higher cooldown. The Molten Arrow skill of Demon Hunter deals normal damage now. Many skills have higher cooldown now.

Level 12
A new version is online with following features:

- new battle round time limit (5 minutes)
- Witch Doctor's Mind and Body Trait little decreased HP regeneration
- Demon Hunter's Vault damage bug fixed
- Monk's Serenty hotkey bug fixed
- a few terrain improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.