• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect when a certain keyboard key is pressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello, just wondering if this is possible without doing vjass?

To design a trigger which detects if a keyboard button is pressed for e.g. "Z".

Then it will run an action which will create an item on the unit owned by triggering player.

If this is possible only in vjass mind someone doing this for me n posting the script here?

Actions are:
- Detects which item is carried hero in slot 1 then replaces it with a specific item.

Level 19
I know theres ways to do it in vjass, since i've seen alot of systems using this in maps. If i had any spell room left i would. but i want it to be hidden and don't wish to use esc.

I could always do F2 by making another hero called activate/deactivate and unselect the hero. and then process the actions. Just wanted to use a simply "Z" key.

Level 3
Without vJass, i think you can change the hold position hotkey to "z" using customkeys,

...a not-so-good-but-can-be-helpful idea =D

Status
Not open for further replies.