• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect if a unit is still casting a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a spell that is channelled that does some trigger stuff periodically. The trigger stuff should immediately stop if the unit stops channelling the spell. Is there some way to detect if the unit is still channelling the spell?

I would imagine it has something to do with unit orders. Anyway, the spell is based off of starfall.

EDIT:
I am perfectly fine with the stopping part. I can handle everything else, I just want to know what check can be made to see if the unit is still channelling the correct spell.

Level 12
Unit stops casting should work. However, it will also fire when the spell finished channeling (without getting interrupted), keep that in mind.

That's perfect. I suppose I could even just not have an end case for the periodic effect other than detecting when the unit stops casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.