• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desyncs on map load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi

I recently released my new map - which I've been working on several months.

But when I try playing the map with other people online, roughly half of them desync as soon as the game starts. Before nay triggering is run; they're just gone. Roughly 50% of players in a lobby.

I tried deleting ALL import data, and then rehosting. Again; the same result - so it's not corrupt file imports.

I know the triggering is sound. I don't have any triggers running on Map Initialization, and I do not, to my knowledge, use any of the natives/functions that supposedly crash Warcraft on the new patches (1.30...) like Local Player, etc.

So I'm left with... not much to go on. It could be some of my object data, or some variable declarations are inherently corrupt and cause the desyncs... But there's no real way for me to find out how?

Could anyone, at least, give me a hint on some sort of error log or debugging tips? Spent a helluva long time making this (and for what it's worth; the people who didn't disconnect said they liked it), and I'd hate to throw it away because of some inexplicable desync bug.

@Kam

Level 5
Does the desync happen every match? Can you send me the map without triggers or imports which still desyncs?
The desyncs happen every time I play online (with 2+ people), although it only seems to happen to 50% of people.

(I've tested twice with 4 people, once with 6. Had 2, and 3 drops respectively).

How do I send the map to you?
I might sound paranoid, but I don't want to release "unprotected" map for all to download :(

Level 5
Sorry for the double post, but heck; I'll just post the unprotected version here. If anyone cares to help me, I'll accept.

Besides, if they can figure out what's wrong with it, then maybe they deserve to 'steal' the map :p

Last edited:
Level 18
I noticed that in the gameplay constants, you changed the values of 'Creeps - Guard Distance', 'Creeps - Guard Return Distance', and 'Creeps - Maximum Creep Camp Radius'.
Not sure which of those, but I know at least one of the 'Creeps' gameplay constants can cause desyncs if you edit the value. It happened to me and this guy before.
Try resetting their values and see if it still desyncs.

Level 8
Oh my god I had Guard Distance, Guard Return Distance and return time all set to very high values. I reset these values back to default and it fixed the random desyncs that I've been trying to debug for years. Thank you so much for the solution +rep!!!

In my case the desyncs happened during middle of game

Status
Not open for further replies.