• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Destroy effect/spell when it hits terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Not terrain, I mean doodad. xD

I have an archer. The archer can shoot arrows at "point/target location". How can I make this archer's arrow destroy/go away when it hits a tree/rock, or any other doodad?

EDIT: Oh also, I have a jump ability, where this archer can jump around. Is there a way to limit this archer from jumping into the tree's or between doodads? Must I edit the spell? It's paladon's jump system.

Any help is much appreciated. If your confused, please post your question of concern.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Trees and rocks are not doodads, they are destructables.

Destructables can be detected using triggers and thus the projectile can be killed.
Doodads cannot be detected using triggers and thus there is no way to tell if a point is near one.

It is not possible to perform geometry based collision in WarCraft III, the game engine does not run collision at such level of detail.

Level 2
Trees and rocks are not doodads, they are destructables.

Destructables can be detected using triggers and thus the projectile can be killed.
Doodads cannot be detected using triggers and thus there is no way to tell if a point is near one.

It is not possible to perform geometry based collision in WarCraft III, the game engine does not run collision at such level of detail.

Alright.

Any systems you know of you could link me too?

If not, thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.