• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Deny Life Regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It is possible to make an aura it stops the regeneration of nearby heroes and units?
I thinked on doing them damage with chaos type every second causing the same amount of regeneration they have but i dont know how can i make it with triggers

Level 15
if all units have the same regen, it best option is to make an aura based on unholy aura with the same regen as they ahve, but negative. Otherwise you can do something like this:

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than 5.00
      • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Undead
      • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Rat
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 3.00)
    • Else - Actions
depending on the regen, you should adjust the trigger; also make it a periodic event at every 1 second, because life regens per sec :)

Level 24
If you can trigger the aura, you can deny their regeneration.

All you need is to group all units in the aura's range and make an updater that updates their health.

Create an ability based of the item health bonus ability.
The amount of health it gives doesnt really matter, as long as it is more than 0.
Make a trigger that runs every 0.03 seconds and loop through all the units in your group.
Give them the ability and remove it again.

To make sure that the units that are in the aura stop their regeneration, you only need to add them to the group.
The easiest way of doing this is to fill the group with all the nearby units and filter out who should not be in there. You can do this like once every second.

Level 3
If your map does not need the regeneration component of blight then I have a trigger free suggestion for you. Your Aura would be based on Aura of Blight and this will make units "regenerate" as if they were on blight. The hit point regeneration type of all units would have to be set to "Only while on blight" and set to negative. The normal regeneration of units would be done with the "Item Life Regeneration" ability.

Level 3
Percentage based Unholy Aura will regenerate depending on the maximum health of the unit though. If your units all have the same regeneration/health ratio then what you did is the easiest solution.

Level 12
I created an unholy aura ability and make the amount -100%. It partially works so i gonna use it

Percentage based Unholy Aura will regenerate depending on the maximum health of the unit though. If your units all have the same regeneration/health ratio then what you did is the easiest solution.

I thought this too (Isn't there a hero in dota with this type of aura? At least there was in Heroes of Newerth.) but he said it's working with -100%.

-100% should mean the unit die in one second, right? o.o

Level 5
I thought this too (Isn't there a hero in dota with this type of aura? At least there was in Heroes of Newerth.) but he said it's working with -100%.

-100% should mean the unit die in one second, right? o.o
It will be increase the regeneration -100% so it totally decreases. If another unit has an object or another aura that increases it again they will stack
With -100% the unit regenerates 0 life per sec

Level 12
It will be increase the regeneration -100% so it totally decreases. If another unit has an object or another aura that increases it again they will stack
With -100% the unit regenerates 0 life per sec

Not if % based regeneration is %of max hp instead of hp regeneration.

-100% then would mean the character lose 100% of max hp in one second.

If your unit don't regenerate hp fast enough to heal from 0 to full in one second the unit would eventually die.

So in short, have you tried it?

edit: Just tested with "only" -0.20 (20%) and the units all died in a couple seconds (should be 5 but I didn't count)

37eb35f85b.png
2ae26e13bf.jpg

And I'll add a gif when I figure out how to make it. (They all simultaneously die super fast)

Status
Not open for further replies.