• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demonic Onslaught

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
There is nothing here to give credit to... yet

(map is not protected so if you see something that needs to be changed, then tell me)
(Tooltips are not correct, except the ones when your learning them)
(NOTE: the assassin's blink strike doesn't work... idk if i'll be keeping it so i left it as just a ranged spell)

Alright, first off this is not your normal survival game...
so far its only for 7 players because there are only 7 heroes to choose from.

all characters have abilities that compliment another spell
There are so far 25 rounds and some unique levels too.

one that stands out is the Phoenix round/wave where melee can't hit air, but can hit the egg
all other air rounds melee can hit

there are some funny qualities to tag along with this game, some spells have a sound effect attached to them and there are some type codes that say funny stuff (i.e. QQ)

Please note that this map is FAR from completed... I will be adding a hero difficulty selector for red to choose...

1. Normal (the current set of heroes you can play)
2. Impossible (unique heroes with very low hp/mana and have hardened spells for only the elite survivalists)

This is just so I can get more comments other then from in game, they aren't very good at commenting, but most of the players really like how the game is set up and the difficulty of the levels.

so Good Luck, Have Fun, and please comment... makes making this game much easier

added several new things, added a Tome shop at the bot right hand side and changed some spells.

Assassin - Shadow Assassin (Ultimate) becomes chaos, splash attack
Level 2 - Add Blink and more damage/hp
Level 3 - Add spell "Shadow Image Dispersion" where you re-create yourself 5x to deal high damage

Samurai - Fire Bomb (Ultimate) does dps and high damage

changed the tooltips so that there arn't TO many problems, but there are still some that I will get to

NOTE! for a really hard game after you have beaten round 25 (the Bonus round) ask red to type "Testing123" this will enable rd 9 and will eventually become a double spawn game

NOTE! for a MOCK FINAL BOSS ask red to type...

"GG THIS IS THE SUPER BOSS!!!"

which you can kill... just not very easily.

Keywords:
Survival, Demon, Demonic, Lives, GG, Defense, Hard
Contents

Demonic Onslaught (Map)

Reviews
19:37, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
Not too many people barging for the first post,eh? I don't really have time to properly review your map, but for now, the description looks alright. I'll test it tomorrow, until then, add a screen-shot,please? Thanks! *Pending*

- Edit : Well, with or without a screen-shot it doesn't matter, it's still the same map, right? Demonic Onslaught is nothing special and could use some real hard work if you want it to stand out or just blend with the other well-made maps here on the Hive.
Things I would like to point out : - Game modes (non-existent and the whole concept of the game might become dull after the first attempt of playing it, try to add difficulty levels or theme levels , like say a "fun-mode" with giant Penguins spawning once every 5-10 seconds, dropping unique items / scrolls or tomes for you and your party)
- Shops (and other structures etc sell you pretty much useless items for an exaggerated amount of gold and are placed in the most random of places ; balance issues : make bounty higher for every creep killed)
- Models / Skins (not present - please import some models or skins for all heroes)
- Descriptions (are laughable and not very helpful)
- Abilities (I've noticed the tool-tips of some skills did not reflect the reality of what that skill actually does, nothing big though,minor details, such as "Supreme Protection" adding 1.5 armor per level,when it actually adds 20 and so on)

That's about it, I guess, but I do have one major complaint : 10 waves?! That's it?...Add more waves and fix the minor issues stated above and you'll have a nice shiny +Rep!

Last edited:
Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

Another Survival map, without anything special to keep players from getting bored.

[+]Your map file size is really small, you don't have any imports.You should add some though if you want to make it unique.
[-]You description is alright, but you should also add a description or info in-game.I didn't know what to do in your map, i just spawned somewhere seeing a timer counting down.You could add them as Map Info(F9).
[-]Map wasn't balanced, some heroes had significantly more chances to survive than others.Also i think you spawned too many creeps for each wave.
[-]You have to inform a player about all the commands he can use in-game.Don't add them secretly, that would be a cheat.
[-]You only have a few items, you certainly have to add more.Try to be creative.
[-]Your terrain didn't helped at all, as it was lacking.You will have to improve it.
[-]Map was unprotected so i looked over your triggers, you have to learn how to properly use and destroy special effects.You have a lot of leaks right now.
[-]Your work over the Object Editor lacks common sense..as some tooltips were not right.Tooltips are made to help players know about their spells and not confuse them more.Your tooltips didn't reflect reality.
[-]Your idea was a bit strange, since heroes are spawned in the middle of the map and so do the creeps, they would probably made their stand there.A hero cannot go away and explore the rest of the terrain.You have to add a small village in which you spawn heroes, it also should contain all shops.Make creeps move-attack there.
[-]I think you have to add a multiboard to count the creeps killed by each hero, you could also use it to show players their remaining lives.

Overall rating:1/5 - vote for rejection
Before you start edit your map i would suggest you to improve your knowledge over World Editor.Learn more about trigger, also read this.Then you certainly have to add a few game tips, work more on the Object Editor and at last balance your heroes more.
~ r3