• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Onslaught

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
ok i am puting this on hive for help with it at this point i am trying to make it so heros can buy ablitiys and befor you say thay are in the spell i have looked and they one work for 1 player some if some one could help me out with this little problem i would be vary grateful for the help credit will be given.
Contents

Onslaught (Map)

Reviews
22:51, 8th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected I guess there's no need for me to say why it's rejected?

M

22:51, 8th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

I guess there's no need for me to say why it's rejected?

Level 20
Most likely this map will be Rejected. If so happens, please do not rage to the moderator and call him homo, instead of that you can accept that your map sucks and create a topic about your map at Map Development forum and upload the map to Pastebin. Do not try to upload the map again to the maps section if the map got rejected and you havent drastically improved it...

In The Hive Workshop we have strict rules and we dont accept maps made by noobs, so yeah im just giving this as a tip. Dont take it personally. Too many people in Hive get banned because of flaming moderators and so on. >_>

Level 28
I would also advise you read the rules, many users think they "do not contain valuable information", yet those users are the ones that probably never get good at mapping, since they upload bad maps (or maps that do not follow the rules), which will get rejected and the cycle repeats itself until they get banned or quit.

If you need any help at all, check this subforum: Warcraft III Modding
You can ask help for ideas, triggers, objects, or basically anything you need here.
Use the "Search" button before asking for help, it's possible your question has already been answered!

For your problem:
  • Create a tome (item) with the ability description, this will be the 'ability' you buy.
  • Add the ability that matches the tome to the hero (e.g.: if you buy the tome "Firebolt", add the spell "Firebolt" to the buying hero).

Note: Ny world editor isn't open... sometimes I'm just guessing how the functions look like, but you should be able to understand

In order to do this in an efficient, easy way, use variables:
You need to create 3 variables (of which 1 is not highly necessary): an integer variable (no array), an item type variable (array) and an ability variable (array)
In the map init trigger, add:
  • Set i = i + 1
  • Set Ability[i] = Firebolt
  • Set ItemType[i] = Firebolt (Tome)
  • Set i = i + 1
  • Set Ability[i] = Frost Nova
  • Set ItemType[i] = Frost Nova (Tome)
Do this for all abilities.

Then when an item is bought, do something like this:
  • For each integer i from 1 to [number of abilities, in my case only 2] do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If Then else (Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Item Type of (Sold Item) equal to ItemType[i]
        • Then - Actions
          • If Then Else (Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Level of Ability[i] for (Triggering Unit) less than 4 ( = max level)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Owner of (Triggering Unit)'s gold to Gold of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) + GoldWorth (= price of the tome: refund)
              • Game - Display to PlayerGroup(Owner of (Triggering Unit)) "some message about the refunds an stuff"
          • If Then Else (Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Level of Ability[i] for (Triggering Unit) greater than or equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Increase level of Ability[i] for (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Add Ability[i] to (Triggering Unit)
        • Else - Actions
I just made this out of my head, so it might not function properly at first, but it should when you found out how it works.

This system is good because you can also use variables for the price of the tomes, the max level of the abilities and even which classes can use certain abilities and which can't.