• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demonic Brethren (pack II)

"Abyssus invocat!"

Technical info:
  • Contains only in-game mesh and textures.
  • Contains additional custom animations.
  • The size of the models is optimized.
EXPLORE the bundle and lore in this post.
UPDATE 03.01.23: see here.

Author's notes:

This pack is not finished yet and will be replenished with new models later. Right now, I want Hivers to have access to these models for personal use.
During creation, I tried to give the models a lore-friendly look to better fit the Warcraft universe.
I'm happy to share it with the community! Feel free to use/edit the models but give credits.

Keywords:
Burning, Demon, Demonic, Eredar, Fallen, Fel, Hell, Imp, Infernal, Legion, Serpent, Taskmaster
Contents

Imp.mdx (Model)

ImpWorker.mdx (Model)

FelSerpent.mdx (Model)

FelSerpentAlternate.mdx (Model)

DemonTaskmaster.mdx (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A fine set of units to complement the other half of the demon bundle. Works in-game. Approved! Also, I appreciate the lore and comments in your resources. They are not necessary for approval, but it shows your passion in modding, and the HIVE is...
This pack is dedicated to Demons and aims to disguise the new models as native, so that they can seamlessly merge with the original art style of good old Blizzard (this applies to both - appearance and animations).

This pack is supposed to help mapmakers with races and modelers who will find these models as worhty samples for re-wrapping and other modifications.

The following lore is my personal invention, which does not correspond to the original Warcraft lore and is intended to give the models more charisma and entourage, help in finding ideas for using the pack or just to entertain you and me.

LORE

Demon Taskmaster

DemonTaskmasterBig.gif
"The
influential and respected Demon Taskmaster is called upon to restore order in the depth of the Abyss."

Demon Taskmasters inhabit the lower regions of the Abyss and they are more powerful than it can seem. Despite their featureless body, these ancient and intelligent creatures are feared: they are known to have great knowledge of the Abyss and are able to force even the most formidable Demons into submission to the Abyssal Lords with particularly cruel and painful spells.

Aboveground, Taskmasters use their talents to maintain order in the ranks of the raging Demons, as well as to obtain information about the enemy. They are rarely seen on the battlefield, but no mortal would dare face them.

I found it fun and creative to make such a small Demon based on a Kobold in the style of a Doomguard. The idea came with the name, meaning that this little Demon is fearsome and has a high rank despite its size. I also decided to leave this amazing pickaxe that gives this Demon a special charm, and apply teamcolor to non-standard places in order to make such a small unit more visible on the map. For me this baby Doomguard is quite cute and deserves love. By the way, the most difficult part of this model was its portrait, and I think that despite its low-polyness, the animations look fine for an SD model in-game.

Imp

Imp.gif
"Demons send the ignoble Imp on errands of mischief beyond the Abyss."

These lesser Demons are considered cunning and sentient creatures despite their animalistic nature and bestial appearance. They are many and once they are aboveground, hordes of these sneaky crawlers can cause a huge confusion and turmoil in the settlements of mortals making the demonic invasion proceed smoothly and easily.

In all the circles of Hell, as well as outside, these lower Demons are also the backbone of the Legions' workforce. From small tasks and resource extraction to the construction of demonic fortifications, these horned vermin can also participate in battles, thanks to natural agility and blade-sharp claws.

When creating this model, I pursued the goal of making a small demonic unit that would serve as some kind of useful gear in a huge and heavy Legion war machine. Inspired by this Fel Minion of @Ujimasa Hojo, I decided to use a Ghoul as a basis: its charisma and "anatomy" suited me very well. In order to make the model look more fitting in terms of appearance, I looked at the imp from WoW, whose nature also coincided with the concept of my imp. After that, I added extra fingers, large forearms and noticable TC spots, hooves, a sly smirk and a few custom animations to the model while fixing the existing ones.

Fel Serpent

FelSerpentBothBig.gif
"Fel Serpents are a demonic breed of Hell that can quickly regenerate their bodies."

Large and terrifying, though not up to the size of a dragon, these winged monsters were enslaved in the outside world to nest near the hottest lava of Hell. Despite being wild and unbridled, they nevertheless obey the evil and mighty will of the Abyssal Lords to fall upon enemies in flocks, and rare who can survive their crushing attack.

Their flexible bodies have long since adapted to the hellish flames: their skin has become resistant to scorching heat, and the body has learned to quickly heal wounds. Some of these winged creatures, that have lived long enough in the Abyss, can also sometimes use fel energy to harm and weaken their preys. From time to time, the Abyssal Lords consider riding the largest and most brutal of these creatures.

At first I got an idea of creating a flying unit for Demons that is not based on popular Gargoyles. The image of evil and merciless Nazgul-birds or Fel Beasts made me want to see something "fel-skinned" with membranous wings. As an experiment, I tried out textures of Pitlords who have amazing fel wings that are not used for flights. Thus, I made their wings work on 100% and got evil-looking serpents in two variations! Maybe if I find time to create riders for them I will use a scaled up alternate Serpent to make them look as dominant creatures in the flock.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I continue to be uninterested in Demons, but I'm very interested in the continuation of your packs. : )

The Imp model is simply a must-have. I feel like, if there is another extant Imp model, I don't know of it (aside from the Hero Imp made long ago on the now-dead Wc3C...), so this is simply great to (finally?) have available. A necessity for any Demonic faction.

It's very clever to use the Pit Lord wings to make a flying Demon out of the Coautl; plus it gave you two variations!

I'm not particularly enthused by the weird, bobble-headed Demon Kobold thing, but I can appreciate the creativity. ; )

Level 7
my fav model pack is back! and better than ever:ogre_love:

i can't wait for skeleton pack 2 ( and i don't mean rush that one , make the ones you like as that's where creativity is shown:plol:)

Last edited:
Level 6
Finally some good Imp models! Also, what about creating a derivative with Doomguard red skin textures replaced with Red Eredar? So it'll be possible to create purple/cyan imp.

Last edited:
Very good, excellent grasp of texture. I don't know how to praise you.
Low size nice work!
Wonderfull demons, my favourite is all, well done
Sexcellent !
Love model.
Thank you, guys! Your kind words are very pleasing 😌

my fav model pack is back! and better than ever:ogre_love:

i can't wait for skeleton pack 2 ( and i don't mean rush that one , make the ones you like as that's where creativity is shown:plol:)
Thanks! Yeah, I want to start doing this too 😩 But right now I'm very busy and have to follow my projects step by step to be efficient and focused 🙂

Finally some good Imp models! Also, what about creating a derivative with Doomguard red skin textures replaced with Red Eredar? So it'll be possible to create purple/cyan imp.
Thank you, man! The thing is that you can't really replace the Doomguard's texture with the Eredar's one because it takes a whole process of wrapping as they have different mapping. If you mean that I can create another imp from the Eredar's textures, the skin tones will vary quite a lot (as I took his head texture from the Demoness and found no better one) and also WC3 Eredars don't have such bestial-looking fur 😉

I don't know what I like more - the models themselves or the background part of it all. This is a description that should be respected.
This is a good part of my creative process going on in my head and I decided to share some of my thoughts and emotions, and I'm glad that you cannot decide between the two 😀 Sometimes I like concepts more than my models and sometimes only concepts make me create new models 🙂

Very nice, so good to see another addition to your demonic models :D

Could the Imp model potentially have Gold animations, please? :)
Hell yeah! I planned to do it when the time comes, so don't forget to give it a little kiss later 😄 And therefore thank you! 💛

I continue to be uninterested in Demons, but I'm very interested in the continuation of your packs. : )

The Imp model is simply a must-have. I feel like, if there is another extant Imp model, I don't know of it (aside from the Hero Imp made long ago on the now-dead Wc3C...), so this is simply great to (finally?) have available. A necessity for any Demonic faction.

It's very clever to use the Pit Lord wings to make a flying Demon out of the Coautl; plus it gave you two variations!
Thank you, kind sir! 😌 I agree that the Imp is a necessity and also it seems to me that there was no, to some extent, a fitting one to "satisfy" my, and maybe your, sensibilities 🤔 But I'm still sure there can be done more Imps in more ways, and I would also like to see them 🙂

The idea of creating a non-sentient flying Demon made me to really think about it. Also putting aside the Gargoyles, it was not easy to come to something fitting. At that point I wanted to see something bestial with no armor or riders, and finally did it, but it was a real pain to re-wrap the stuff 😵‍💫

I'm not particularly enthused by the weird, bobble-headed Demon Kobold thing, but I can appreciate the creativity. ; )
"Despite their featureless body, these ancient and intelligent creatures are feared: they are known to ... cruel and painful spells that drive other beings insane with pain."

Are you sure? 😀 Stupid jokes aside, I understand that this one looks weird and maybe misshaped, but for me it looks weird in a suprisingly positive way. I really wanted to create such a guy and couldn't do anything about it. Maybe this is the very moment when the concept dominates the model 😀

By the way, I've noticed that lately you and Deolrin have started rating bundles. Why so?

Thank you, sir! 💛

The thematic of the models is incredible. I can t exactly say why but this pack gave me Dungeon Keeper 2 vibes. The Imp model is my favourite one, the creepy smirk adds character to this creatures, the sadistical enjoyment of evil.
The QuestionMark demon could use more redish texture, excited to see what will come next !
Thank you, friend 😌 Right, right! As soon as you said that, I was reminded of some of them from DK2 even though I've played it a few times. I guess this is hinted at by their reddish bodies, black horns and maybe animalistic and wordly nature 🙂

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
By the way, I've noticed that lately you and Deolrin have started rating bundles. Why so?
Ha, you noticed that?.... Well it's honestly been a long time coming; I've been closely following modelers & the modeling section for perhaps over a decade, but I've never really bothered Rating. Part of it was how hard it was for me to do (I can never figure out a good consistent rubric for rating, and I hate making people feel bad, so I end up only rating the things I like? which is inconsistent?).

But a recent mod discussion where we talked about the organization of the Resource sections really made me a re-born believer in the importance of the Rating system, and I decided to try & renew my attempts.

Starting with models I like. xD

Ha, you noticed that?.... Well it's honestly been a long time coming; I've been closely following modelers & the modeling section for perhaps over a decade, but I've never really bothered Rating. Part of it was how hard it was for me to do (I can never figure out a good consistent rubric for rating, and I hate making people feel bad, so I end up only rating the things I like? which is inconsistent?).

But a recent mod discussion where we talked about the organization of the Resource sections really made me a re-born believer in the importance of the Rating system, and I decided to try & renew my attempts.

Starting with models I like. xD
I thought something like that 😀 I really believe that beggining modelers and even some seasoned guys try harder for additional stars. By the way, I ended up putting 5 if everything is fine and I like the model or leaving it unrated until better times 🙈

the kobold is my favorite among these models. though i think he'd look better with smaller wings that flap really fast whenever he's off the ground lol.
I'm glad to hear that 💛 Uh, about the wings, I made them less detailed than the Doomguard's and thought it was fine. I also want to make a small Demon with a heavy weapon, hover type of movement and flapping wings 🙂

Level 49
I'm glad to hear that 💛 Uh, about the wings, I made them less detailed than the Doomguard's and thought it was fine. I also want to make a small Demon with a heavy weapon, hover type of movement and flapping wings 🙂
it looks great either way. i like how it looks with the big wings as well, it really contrast's the demon's small stature. i really like how you did the textures for this one. at first glance i thought you used the diablo car skin for the mini doomguard.

The Taskmaster alone is terrific. Great job as always! :D
Man these are awesome!
Great stuff, very useful for demon races.
Thank you, guys! 💛

I think they're simply spectacular, they're perfect, they look like original Warcraft III models and that is very difficult to get. 10/10
Villagerino, all your models are insane quality, but I especially love the lore you provide for your each model because it really shows how much you care about your work! 10|5! :goblin_jawdrop:
What a joy to hear this! Thank you 😌 I am still learning and improving, so I hope that in the future I will be able to make more unique items in shorter periods of time, without loosing in quality, to better expand the universe of aesthetically fitting models 🤝

It would be even better if there was another demon version of the dragon. . Like Deathwing. . This demonic version of the dragon spews green fel flames.
Thank you! Oh, for me Dragons are Dragons, a separate species of noble and powerful creatures, and I only imagine ressurected types of them like Frost Wyrms. Serpents and Wyverns can join the side of good or evil but the Dragons are above it, that's what I think. So if I make a Demonic Dragon it would be a mix of a Demon and some Wyrm-like creatures, not a pure Dragon 🤔 But, what about a Fel Dragon... I don't know, man, you made me think a lot 😆

A fine set of units to complement the other half of the demon bundle.

Works in-game. Approved!

Also, I appreciate the lore and comments in your resources. They are not necessary for approval, but it shows your passion in modding, and the HIVE is grateful to have people like you.
Thank you! I'm happy to hear that 😌
My lips are puckered, are we getting gold animations for the Imp soon? 😚
Lately I've been having trouble accessing my PC but I will put it at the top of the list 🙂

A new update.

ImpWorker_Attack.gif

Imp & Imp Worker:
  • Added 'Gold' sequences to the old Imp model and changed its name to "Imp Worker": now it's a full-time worker who has learned to work in the gold mines!
  • Added another but lazier Imp that has no 'Gold' and 'Lumber' sequences: for simplicity and to save some KBs.
Commentary: if the size matters, you can have a bigger imp.

Enjoy!

📞 @Wazzz

Last edited:
Level 35
A new update.

View attachment 418155

Imp & Imp Worker:
  • Added 'Gold' sequences to the old Imp model and changed its name to "Imp Worker": now it's a full-time worker who has learned to work in the gold mines!
  • Added another but lazier Imp that has no 'Gold' and 'Lumber' sequences: for simplicity and to save some KBs.

Enjoy!

📞 @Wazzz
Thank you very much, you beautiful bastard 😍 😘

Level 8
A new update.

View attachment 418155

Imp & Imp Worker:

Enjoy!

📞 @Wazzz
very impressive, can you make custom icons for them please? would be very powerful

very impressive, can you make custom icons for them please? would be very powerful
Thanks! Although I'm not really fond of making icons but sometimes I try to provide them for my bundles. Usually I go for it after I finish a bundle that got a lot of downloads, so I know people will use it a lot. I also need to have a lot of free time for this 🙂 In the meantime, you might want to consider contacting icon makers.

love the imp model the most here! I feel like many custom maps could make do with this imp model as a very scary demon ghoul hero ;D
Thank you! 💛