• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon Hunter Model Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay I am completly confused! All my Illidan/Demon Hunter models dissapeared?! Not from just the map im working on but all my maps! Even new maps. When I try importing an model based of Illidan I get an error and the model dissapears in game. Any ideas?

Level 32
Once a model has been successfully imported into a map, it's in there. Are you opening versions of maps that were last saved BEFORE the imports?

Find the model on your hard drive or on the web and then re-import it. (Make sure the model is NOT corrupted!)

Level 6
I dont need the imported model. Its the (Blizzard) Demon Hunter I need and his model is gone from all my maps. Is there any way I could have accidently deleted the Demon Hunter model from my game?

Level 25
Your problem won't exactly be solved by reinstalling the game

Your problem is that you have a model called HeroDemonHunter lying somewhere around in your Warcraft 3 folder which is buggering everything up, or a folder called "Textures" with a "HeroDemonHunter" or "Illidan" skin it which is corrupting things

Failing that, a skin which the two use which you have in your Warcraft3 folder which is corrupted or somesuch

Find that model/skin and delete/rename it to fix things

I THINK that could be the problem, seeing as I had the exact same problem in the past and that's how I solved it

If you play a normal Warcraft 3 map and the Illidan/Demon Hunter model appears, then this'll prove my theory correct

Level 32
I would try to run a default Blizzard scenario including the Demon Hunter to see if they work before reinstalling...You will loose all of your single player saved games if you reinstall War3.

*edit* I now see Mech's reply. He is on to something that I had forgotten about, try his solution before reinstalling.

Level 6
I just played a Blizzard campaign and Illidan was appeared.
So where would the corrupted file be in my warcraft 3 file? I breifly looked and couldnt find anything.

Level 32
Like the Mecheon said, look for a folder in your Warcraft III folder called either "Textures" or "HeroDemonHunter" Move those folders somewhere else (if they exist.)

Create a BRAND NEW map and place a Demon Hunter in it. See if THAT works.

Remember the Demon Hunter is a "morphed model" see my earlier post.

Back up your important files and reinstall RoC/TFT if all else fails.

Level 25
Look for any folders/files along the lines of "Textures", "HeroDemonHunter" or "Illidan" and rename them, if they're in your base Warcraft 3 folder. Look in folders called "Units" and "Textures" as well

Don't briefly look, look for a while. I once had a model in the "Units" folder which prevented me from being able to place Grunts for up to a month, until I figured out the problem and renamed the file in question

Level 6
I can see the Demon Hunter in other maps now :)

But I still dont have the Demon Hunter in the map im making.

Is there a way I could transfer my map to a map that has the Demon Hunter? (its only an idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.