• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Delete leak from lightingbolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at point using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
    • Sound - Play ThunderBoltMissileDeath <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Picked unit)
    • Wait 0.30 seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
How can I get rid of this?:
Untitled.png

~El

Level 17
This is not a leak, has nothing to do with leaks. It's a visual artifact of WC3's graphical engine that happens when there's too many lighting effects in close proximity - torches, lights, and lightnings.

Make sure your graphical setting of "Lights" is set to high, and make sure you don't have too many lights in one place.

Level 5
I already have it set to max, so is there no way to use this model for my spell?(I want many lighting bolts around caster)
Can I somehow disable "Lights" effect from lightingbolt model?

~El

Level 17
I already have it set to max, so is there no way to use this model for my spell?(I want many lighting bolts around caster)
Can I somehow disable "Lights" effect from lightingbolt model?

You can't disable it through triggers as far as I know. The only way would be to edit the model directly, or to pick another, but this is not something I can help you with, unfortunately.

sir moriarty is probably right about it being a graphical issue, but I wonder if it is also possible that you are leaking the effects. (Last created special effect) can change within that 0.3 second window.

there are a lot of ways to get over that, but the easiest way is probably with local variable shadowing:
  • Custom script: local effect udg_TempEffect
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at point using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
  • Custom script: set udg_TempEffect = bj_lastCreatedEffect
  • Sound - Play ThunderBoltMissileDeath <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Picked unit)
  • Wait 0.30 seconds
  • Special Effect - Destroy TempEffect
Deleting the light off the lightning bolt model is also a good idea. Use a CascViewer tool to extract the lightning bolt model and then use Magos' Model Editor to open up the model. Go to Windows > Node Manager and then delete the light source, if you can find it. Then save the model, import it to your map, update the effect path and you're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.