• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defense of the Avatar (DOTA)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
THis is a my original version based on the anime series "Avatar the Last Airbender" but also invokes connotations to Star Wars in a general hero arena-style map that pits the forces of good versus evil.
This resource spells and triggers are mostly made by others at hive. The spells and heroes should be balanced.
However some spells notably my remake of techies remote mines is my own though the eye candy is borrowed from others. The purpose of using others is to put their efforts together to make a map that will rival Icefrog's Dota. I only make this map unlocked so that others may modify it through their expertise. I only wish that the concept of multiverse battles remain integral to my map. N.b do not give the ability Animate Dead to any hero as summoning them will crash the game. I don't know why, bcs it seems to be the only thing that doesn't seem to work. Please do not fry me as I am doing this all on my own and cannot possibly be completed like the actual DOTA it is constantly being upgraded. No criticisms that the map is dodgy in terms of the minimap and preview image will be accepted as I know this is a problem. Also dont criticise it for lag because I intend it for moderate to high-range comps and users who have stopped playing Dota or Warcraft because it is too old. I disagree because Warcraft 3 was way ahead of its time in graphics, gameplay and modding. In terms of modding it is the most superior compared to any other game that isn't owned by Blizzard.
My final map would stop possibly with 12 heroes on both sides for it to be playable. As there are too many people to give credits to currently, I will attempt to do so in my map once it is completed. This map won't have ai but i wish to call on hive members to give it ai.

Keywords:
Dota, Defense, Avatar
Contents

Defense of the Avatar (DOTA) (Map)

Reviews
23:52, 9th Nov 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
i feel bad for what the mods and hive members will do to this map :(

looks like the hornet's nest has been stirred, its only a matter of time before you get stung

Level 5
told ya there would be pain

u stirr the hive with maps that don't fit it's requirements (a few of which i question) and u get stung with negative coments

Level 9
very funny. i said what others just said and asked if the publisher of this map is seriuos with his provocating map against icefrog and get neg repped!? oO

i think the publisher of this map should be neg repped because of rule violation. i was friendly and said nothing bad. -.-