• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defense of Dalaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For the past weeks, I have been working on a new a project that I named: Defense of Dalaran. Bascially, DoD is a war map, but unlike Coming of The Horde, not all players recieve an army to produce. The time period for this map is during the Second War, so Dalaran was actually a city and Arthas still a paladin before giving his soul to Ner'zhul. Below, I have listed the features in this test map.

HEROS
Horde -
Dal'rend (Yes, Rend from UBRS in WoW).
Mogor the Ogre
Mauim Blackhand
Kilrogg Deadeye
Guldan
Ogrim Doomhammer (General

Alliance -
Arthas Menethil
Uther the Lightbringer
Jaina Proudmoore
Kael'thas Sunstrider
Muradin Bronzebeard
Antonidas (General

All of these heroes should be balanced, any questioning on the lines of "WTF why is (insert hero name here) here!?!", just look it up on WoWwiki. Now, the general heroes are for red and blue only, while the others are choosable between players. The General players have their hero (listed above), and must produce soliders to fight. While other players only have 1 hero, who help Red/Blue's army. I might change this to all players can make units, but General's units are stronger.

WINNING
In order for the horde to succeed, they must destory all four nodes at each of Dalaran's surrounding towns, or holds. They also must destroy all four within a certain time, otherwise the Alliance will win. The objective of the Alliance is to defend, you must defend Dalaran's nodes for a good, long time in order to win.

NODES
Each node is can be killed with a good amount of force, except for one. The Kirin Tor mages have built a small maze that 1 Horde hero must travel through to reach the node to destroy it. Not only that, but the Horde hero must have a high level to defend against the Water Elemental Constructs that guard the maze. Once the maze is completed, the Horde player will be teleported out.

ITEMS
Items are very few, infact there are only a few custom items. But rest assured, there will be more added to the gallery of items in future versions.

Thank you all, and I hope you enjoy the map I put my heart, blood, and soul into. Please post feedback on this thread if possible, or contact me on Battlenet. My username is AxelofTwilight, on Lordaeron US@East server. Thank you! Do not mind the title of the file by the way, I don't know how to change the name without killing it. :bored:

Attachments

• DoD Protected v.6.w3x
    468.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Level 9
Sounds interesting, I might test it when I find the time. The only comment I have now before testing is that you might not want the Alliance to have to defend TOO long to win, or else every game of DoD could potentially take long and that will detract interest.

Level 3
I can host ^_^, in other news im going to dl your map and test it

Edit:
Map seems quite good, can get quite difficult to control all the forces tho, The Gates of the horde camps cant be destroyed either, or do you need the siege unit for that?

Also decrease food cost of units or increase maximum food that would be all i can say atm

Level 3
Yeah i edited my post and stated the things that were slight things you probably missed, anyways I like the map so far actually ^^

Level 4
Alright, I will get right to that. The gate I'll probably replace with I guess a trigger. I don't really want the Alliance to kill Horde, considering they are suppose to defending. While Horde, has to clear each node before opening Dalaran's doors. So, need to fix Horde, and food cost. :xxd:

Alright, the food system has been corrected. A minor bug has been fixed, and the Horde Base is now, easier to go through for Horde players. But is Anti-Alliance. Thanks for the feedback, new version is going to be posted above...now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Hmm the magical barrier at the horde base, cant be passed can it? tried to write -open horde, but meh overall good work with it

Level 4
Ok, new and improved version up. Fixed Horde gate, -open Horde now works. Feel free to test it!

By the way, I removed the Anti-Alliance trigger for this version. It's useless due to the gate being invulnreble. I may re-change it, if feedback wants it.

Level 3
Tested and, everything ive encounted now seems ok, but change the tooltips of certain units ^^

Level 4
Looking good, it's just that all the spells that the heroes have are normal game spells. You should cutomize them more, make em cooler, etc. Anyways, other than that it's top-notch. PM me when you add in those world bosses ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.