• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decode & Destroy - A VERY UNIQUE PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
15007098.gif

source.png

wc3scrnshot030809180025.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180028.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180031.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180042.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180047.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180057.jpg
wc3scrnshot030809180100.jpg

Currently, I have 200 words as string variables.

All I really need to do are game modes.

How the Anti-Virus works
The anti-virus is the viruses' target. You cannot continue without it. The anti-virus uses the "Phoenix Fire" ability to shoot down the enemies. The viruses won't die instantly, but take damage instead.

You have to upgrade the anti-virus with the free memory space you got from killing the viruses.

You can add additional "phoenix fire" abilities to give you additional shooters. The maximum (I guess) would be 12.

You can upgrade those 12 shooters with additional firepower. This will kill the viruses quicker and prevent them from hitting your base even if you have decrypted them.

Last edited:
Level 17
Yeah, its pretty much customizable.

I knew I'd have to change settings on the way to making this project, that's why if you look at my triggers, it's going to look like this.

(x = variable)

Stage x
HP: x1-x2
Units: x
Letters: x1-x2
Speed: x1-x2
Damage: x
Bounty: x
Length: x Minutes

So, all I have to do is change the x to something then presto, everything will be like that.

So, what you have to do, is type the name of a virus to make it targetable by the cannon, then the cannon will shoot at the targetable viruses and eventually destroy them? Sounds good, except what can you do to make your cannon kill the viruses quicker other than add upgrades, which you get by killing them? It seems to me like this map will be easily completable up to a point where it is impossible to go any further...

Level 17
So, what you have to do, is type the name of a virus to make it targetable by the cannon, then the cannon will shoot at the targetable viruses and eventually destroy them? Sounds good, except what can you do to make your cannon kill the viruses quicker other than add upgrades, which you get by killing them? It seems to me like this map will be easily completable up to a point where it is impossible to go any further...

What? I don't get it. But, right now, I have made two types of upgrades: additional shooter and increased damage on a shooter.

ofcourse, I'd be adding more, like increasing health of the Anti-Virus and repairing the health.

There is a lot of good typing map genre out there. The one I link to you was just one of it. Better work hard on this map or else it would just be another brand of typing map.

I never knew that much people (approx. 5 maps) got my idea first :(

Status
Not open for further replies.