• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deceased heroes are not displayed in the Reforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all! Faced a problem! If a large number of heroes die, then some of them disappear and cannot be resurrected. The problem arises with the death of more than 11 heroes.

I used to have this same problem on The Frozen Throne in the year 2005. This is really just how it works for this game.

Someone was discussing a related problem in a Warcraft 3 discord in the past few months. I think one of the really smart guys said that a possible solution is to create your own custom trigger to start reviving the heroes off screen in secret, then using "Hide Unit" on them, and then bringing them back when the player really does some revive action.

Level 29
I've also faced this kind of issue, but this one is quite different compared to yours. If you use the neutral version of Reincarnation (not the ones from Tauren Chieftain hero) on the other heroes, he/she cannot be resurrected when killed twice (there's no option to resurrect him/her on Altar) and even drop their items. See the picture below for detailed information (the hero that I tested was Tinker w/d said neutral Reincarnation spell). I think this is a bug because the neutral version of Reincarnation is only for creeps (Centaur Khan) and that TC's Reincarnation is hero-exclusive.
Also, I still used the Frozen Throne 1.29. I hope this problem might still appear on Reforged.

Attachments

• Hero Bug 1.jpg
    Hero Bug 1.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Hero Bug 2.jpg
    Hero Bug 2.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 14

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

Level 4
I've also faced this kind of issue, but this one is quite different compared to yours. If you use the neutral version of Reincarnation (not the ones from Tauren Chieftain hero) on the other heroes, he/she cannot be resurrected when killed twice (there's no option to resurrect him/her on Altar) and even drop their items. See the picture below for detailed information (the hero that I tested was Tinker w/d said neutral Reincarnation spell). I think this is a bug because the neutral version of Reincarnation is only for creeps (Centaur Khan) and that TC's Reincarnation is hero-exclusive.
Also, I still used the Frozen Throne 1.29. I hope this problem might still appear on Reforged.
Such problems were previously only on pirates. On the license, you just had to select the altar / tavern again. Game version 1.30.

Level 29
Such problems were previously only on pirates. On the license, you just had to select the altar / tavern again. Game version 1.30.
The game that I played was not cracked. I won't mention about pirates since piracy contents is not allowed on Hive. I'm using the legit game 1.29.
However, I guess you cannot use the neutral version of Reincarnation on heroes by adding it through Object Editor because you might run up into this problem.
Also, I tested it on the computer heroes with shared control (not sure about the race) on and realized that one of the heroes weren't resurrected after the neutral Reincarnation is in effect. The hero didn't even appear in the hero card section (in the top left corner of the screen).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It has affected legitimate copies of WC3 since release.

As "Vendro the Wind Mage" has pointed out, heroes are automatically permanently removed once they start to overflow the hero selection list. Blizzard likely did this to try and prevent heroes from leaking when created in a context without intention to ever revive them. If not for this mechanic many older maps that spam heroes would likely be unplayable.

Level 4
It has affected legitimate copies of WC3 since release.

As "Vendro the Wind Mage" has pointed out, heroes are automatically permanently removed once they start to overflow the hero selection list. Blizzard likely did this to try and prevent heroes from leaking when created in a context without intention to ever revive them. If not for this mechanic many older maps that spam heroes would likely be unplayable.
I did it! If you resurrect the hero and kill again, then he starts to be discarded in the altar and tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.