• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decay Bone Animation Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys. I need your help in solving this unit's decay bone problem. The decay bone bug may not appear in magos and retera but the bug appears in the WE. Can someone know how to solve this model's decay bone bug?

Attachments

• HawkStriderRider.mdx
    114.5 KB · Views: 45
Level 41
WC3ScrnShot_122820_061719_01.jpg

i think this bug happens when there's less geoset extents than animations or if there's vertices not attached to bones
however recalculating extents didn't help and all vertices seem attached otherwise mdlvis would have a fit
maybe the person who approved this model could help @General Frank

Level 21
maybe the person who approved this model could help
Moderators generally don't care about those things. As you can see on the original thread, someone already said there's a problem with the decay animation, but the model still got approved.

I know there have been many resources that got approved even though I reported something wrong with them.

Moderators generally don't care about those things. As you can see on the original thread, someone already said there's a problem with the decay animation, but it still got approved.

I know there have been many resources that got approved even though I reported something wrong with them.

Hey that's very mean and gross to say. The reviewers and mods do the job and we are just humans after all. No need to point fingers and be so bitter and vile.
Also, many models started breaking after reforged came out.
I test every model that I moderate and see if it works.

Please don't put all your blame on the people moderating and approving it.

So... What exactly is the problem of this model? And if there is a solution to it.

It seems there are way too little geoset animations. I could try something.
Also, for future reference, please link the model that you are referring to and not just attach it to a thread. You make life much easier doing so.

EDIT: This should work.

Attachments

• HawkStriderRider_A_003.mdx
    118.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 41
poop.jpg
during "decay bone" parts of the tails, wings and jaw get snapped/attached to closest units around based on the order they were placed in the worldedit?
i managed to fix it by simply attaching these vertices to a different bone and then reattaching it back to the correct ones
why and how did this happen?

View attachment 370967
during "decay bone" parts of the tails, wings and jaw get snapped/attached to closest units around based on the order they were placed in the worldedit?
i managed to fix it by simply attaching these vertices to a different bone and then reattaching it back to the correct ones
why and how did this happen?

There were always problems when vertices are attached to matrices that refer to helpers and not bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.