1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Minigame] Deathrise

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Daffa, Jan 28, 2018.

?

Should this support multiplayer

Poll closed Jun 18, 2018.
  1. Yes

90.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  1. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    FROM THE CREATOR OF
    CHANT
    PRESENTING
    [​IMG]
    INTRODUCTION :
    After a long road of Chant, I decided to take a re-concept of the map to make it more broad with more options. The manifestation of that work is Deathrise, in which I took one of the bosses I made for a Roleplay in the past as the enemy, and players, either solo or multiplayer, command 5 heroic units of their choosing from a poll of heroes, to send the boss to it's demise.

WHAT IS DEATHRISE?

Deathrise is a mini-game map aimed for short gameplay (about 5 to 15 minutes, max 30 minutes) in which player choose 5 from a list of available heroic unit to defeat the boss named Nekros and preserve the life of the world. The battle is done in a fashion of turn based attack, in which players and enemies goes in a circle of turns to buff or heal allies and attack or debuff their opposition. The battle ends when all players are defeated or all enemies are out.

FEATURES :

A 5 heroic unit team consisting of Hive members
    A Persona styled turn game
    A battle against Lord of the Dead, Nekros and his infinite army of the dead
    Multiple difficulties to put your ability to the test

MEDIA :

CREDIT LIST :

Special mentions to @Directive255 @StoPCampinGn00b @Rheiko @Leo Akastenix @[E]clipse for being the inspirational people for the base of this map, Chant.
    I also call in @nightelfbuilder for his work on Chant and Deathrise terrains.
    And as well as @redscores for the base system for this whole game mechanic, which I have tremendously expanded.
    FULL CREDIT LIST COMING SOON!

HOW TO SUPPORT?
    You can support by joining our DISCORD Channel and giving feedback to the current release in this thread or at our Discord (Discord channel also get early access)! You can also use the image below as your signature to support us!

Code (Text):
    [URL=https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/deathrise.302745/][IMG]https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/deathrise-png.290734/?temp_hash=8679cb4dc9a0371b1021a99a4f065377[/IMG][/URL]
    WE TAKE IDEAS!
    Deathrise Idea Thread

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  2. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I apologize for the cut off in the video, I will have another video once a significant update has been taken.

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 0.1.0 release!

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe I am missing something.. but I have no idea what the map is about after going through the thread.
    Might want to look into that.

[​IMG]

5. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will edit the description later on the day. Thanks for the feedback @Chaosy

6. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    UPDATE!
    Edited the main description.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice.

Maybe it is rude of me to generalize this much, but it would seem like like a giant showcase of a turn based system as that seem to be the main feature, and almost the only one too.

Nothing wrong with that, but you might consider releasing the system afterwards.

8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a nice little fun minigame. I played it 3 times on singleplayer, normal difficulty and didn't find any bugs.
    What kind of bothers me is that revive brings your heroes back at full health. On top of that they can attack the same turn they were revived, so this kind of breaks the game. I guess this won't be an issue if i play on a higher difficulty, but i'm just saying.
    Also i didn't find the magic potions that necessarry since you don't run out of energy that easy.
    The only suggestion i have is to add hotkeys to all abilities, since i was kind of annoyed to click them. Yeah, you can call me lazy. :D

9. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I understand, as to be honest, it's partially right. The system itself was made by @redscores quite a long time ago. I did some tweaking to it since he left several critical issues on it, but the modification is map dependent.

I might try my hands on warping such a system out someday, one I write myself. That is if I still do Warcraft 3 in a long time ahead.

Revive is intentional to recover the same health. For now I keep the turn part intentional, to help players from getting beaten up in higher difficulties. Magic Potion was just a random item I made for helping the "Immortal" challenge since some characters lack mana sustaining ([E]clipse being most notable, 25/turn recovery and has 100/150 mana spells), though sometimes they die too fast due to sheer damage in higher difficulty.

10. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? I thought it should end when all heroes or players are defeated? Did I get it right Daffa?

I thought it should end either when all heroic units are dead, or all enemy units are defeated...

Ohh have an idea by the way @Daffa the Mage

How about some dual heroes mode, where a player controls doubled hero units (e.g. Solo players get 10 heroes, full house players each get 2 heroes)? Like the Dual Heroes mode in X Hero Siege?

Especially since the hero options got expanded, I thought it would be nice

11. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice catch, will fix it.

Doing that would need to expand the system, and since we are limited to 5 character in a team, it will complicate things. I think somewhat like what Persona 5 did is doable (party switching), but it will add a lot of additional complexity to it.

12. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant say much because it's still a demo and i'm suck on giving ideas. I played once on hardest difficulty and defeated although there are still 2 heroes alive. then played on hard difficulty and its pretty easy. Here are my opinion:

Those decimals on damage counter is confusing.
    i think its better if you scale down the numbers (hp/damage). Most people are just hate math (unlike you :p)
    Those heroes abilities are confusing + they have no speciality. Thats fine, but you really need to make better ability description (with colors for famage/heal) and maybe edit some icons (giving simple color on border maybe, to categorized the ability).
    Normal attack is too boring, seeing a guy running and slash and run back, even that instant arrow.
    Those buff effect is kinda too contrast.
    Having multiple heroes with full party heal is kinda op
    Sinxe this is only one shot game (only one boss), maybe you need to decrease the mana

i know its still early demo version, so good luck. and i cant really understand the damage formula, and what's the use of levels?

13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting, mind if you can recreate the scenario of the defeat? I need to investigate if something went broken in the chain (oh, and the triggers are fugly so I need to solve this ahead)

Will remove decimals
    Scaling them? I don't know about that, I'll keep it in mind. I don't do math much here, it's just so you know that the more this ability is used consecutively, the less it's effectiveness.
    They are meant to be boring, can't help much without some animation works.
    Needs to make them visible, else people go asking where's the effect :D
    Only 2 heroes has healing : Leo and SCN. SCN is the only party healer in game.
    I'll think about it, seems a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback and the wishes :)

14. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe offer a move to switch between two heroes for each move, and that probably counts as a full move?

15. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's possible, but quite convoluted in current setup. I'll try to work with such things when I have 10 characters to choose from.

EDIT :
    I will set 0.1.1 update soon! It will include one brand new character with some fixes.

16. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 0.1.1 is out! It features a brand new terrain, a new character @Edge45 and improvement for @Leo Akastenix character. There's also some bug fixes.

17. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lol, XD Maybe I should think on getting back on War3 again. I never knew maps can be turned-base.

18. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There was a system by @redscores which the map is based on. It's quite tedious to set it up as the base resources needs quite an amount of experience, trial and error and effort to get done right.

19. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You've done well dear servant comrade XD Now I shall see if I can beat Nekros as child's play.

20. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Deathrise 0.1.2 will be out soon, there's a major bug in 0.1.1 for multiplayer, so please avoid using that for online game.