• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Deathrise

Should this support multiplayer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FROM THE CREATOR OF
CHANT
PRESENTING
deathrise-png.290734

INTRODUCTION :
After a long road of Chant, I decided to take a re-concept of the map to make it more broad with more options. The manifestation of that work is Deathrise, in which I took one of the bosses I made for a Roleplay in the past as the enemy, and players, either solo or multiplayer, command 5 heroic units of their choosing from a poll of heroes, to send the boss to it's demise.

WHAT IS DEATHRISE?

Deathrise is a mini-game map aimed for short gameplay (about 5 to 15 minutes, max 30 minutes) in which player choose 5 from a list of available heroic unit to defeat the boss named Nekros and preserve the life of the world. The battle is done in a fashion of turn based attack, in which players and enemies goes in a circle of turns to buff or heal allies and attack or debuff their opposition. The battle ends when all players are defeated or all enemies are out.

FEATURES :

A 5 heroic unit team consisting of Hive members
A Persona styled turn game
A battle against Lord of the Dead, Nekros and his infinite army of the dead
Multiple difficulties to put your ability to the test

MEDIA :

CREDIT LIST :

Special mentions to @Directive255 @StoPCampinGn00b @Rheiko @Leo Akastenix @[E]clipse for being the inspirational people for the base of this map, Chant.
I also call in @nightelfbuilder for his work on Chant and Deathrise terrains.
And as well as @redscores for the base system for this whole game mechanic, which I have tremendously expanded.
FULL CREDIT LIST COMING SOON!

HOW TO SUPPORT?
You can support by joining our DISCORD Channel and giving feedback to the current release in this thread or at our Discord (Discord channel also get early access)! You can also use the image below as your signature to support us!

Code:
[URL=https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/deathrise.302745/][IMG]https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/deathrise-png.290734/?temp_hash=8679cb4dc9a0371b1021a99a4f065377[/IMG][/URL]

WE TAKE IDEAS!
Deathrise Idea Thread

Attachments

• Deathrise 0.2.2.w3x
    8.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 22
This is a nice little fun minigame. I played it 3 times on singleplayer, normal difficulty and didn't find any bugs.
What kind of bothers me is that revive brings your heroes back at full health. On top of that they can attack the same turn they were revived, so this kind of breaks the game. I guess this won't be an issue if i play on a higher difficulty, but i'm just saying.
Also i didn't find the magic potions that necessarry since you don't run out of energy that easy.
The only suggestion i have is to add hotkeys to all abilities, since i was kind of annoyed to click them. Yeah, you can call me lazy. :D

Nice.

Maybe it is rude of me to generalize this much, but it would seem like like a giant showcase of a turn based system as that seem to be the main feature, and almost the only one too.

Nothing wrong with that, but you might consider releasing the system afterwards.
I understand, as to be honest, it's partially right. The system itself was made by @redscores quite a long time ago. I did some tweaking to it since he left several critical issues on it, but the modification is map dependent.

I might try my hands on warping such a system out someday, one I write myself. That is if I still do Warcraft 3 in a long time ahead.

This is a nice little fun minigame. I played it 3 times on singleplayer, normal difficulty and didn't find any bugs.
What kind of bothers me is that revive brings your heroes back at full health. On top of that they can attack the same turn they were revived, so this kind of breaks the game. I guess this won't be an issue if i play on a higher difficulty, but i'm just saying.
Also i didn't find the magic potions that necessarry since you don't run out of energy that easy.
The only suggestion i have is to add hotkeys to all abilities, since i was kind of annoyed to click them. Yeah, you can call me lazy. :D

Revive is intentional to recover the same health. For now I keep the turn part intentional, to help players from getting beaten up in higher difficulties. Magic Potion was just a random item I made for helping the "Immortal" challenge since some characters lack mana sustaining ([E]clipse being most notable, 25/turn recovery and has 100/150 mana spells), though sometimes they die too fast due to sheer damage in higher difficulty.

Level 22
The battle ends when one of the players is defeated.

What? I thought it should end when all heroes or players are defeated? Did I get it right Daffa?

I thought it should end either when all heroic units are dead, or all enemy units are defeated...

Ohh have an idea by the way @Daffa the Mage

How about some dual heroes mode, where a player controls doubled hero units (e.g. Solo players get 10 heroes, full house players each get 2 heroes)? Like the Dual Heroes mode in X Hero Siege?

Especially since the hero options got expanded, I thought it would be nice

What? I thought it should end when all heroes or players are defeated? Did I get it right Daffa?

I thought it should end either when all heroic units are dead, or all enemy units are defeated...

Ohh have an idea by the way @Daffa the Mage

How about some dual heroes mode, where a player controls doubled hero units (e.g. Solo players get 10 heroes, full house players each get 2 heroes)? Like the Dual Heroes mode in X Hero Siege?

Especially since the hero options got expanded, I thought it would be nice

Nice catch, will fix it.

Doing that would need to expand the system, and since we are limited to 5 character in a team, it will complicate things. I think somewhat like what Persona 5 did is doable (party switching), but it will add a lot of additional complexity to it.

Level 15
i cant say much because it's still a demo and i'm suck on giving ideas. I played once on hardest difficulty and defeated although there are still 2 heroes alive. then played on hard difficulty and its pretty easy. Here are my opinion:

Those decimals on damage counter is confusing.
i think its better if you scale down the numbers (hp/damage). Most people are just hate math (unlike you :p)
Those heroes abilities are confusing + they have no speciality. Thats fine, but you really need to make better ability description (with colors for famage/heal) and maybe edit some icons (giving simple color on border maybe, to categorized the ability).
Normal attack is too boring, seeing a guy running and slash and run back, even that instant arrow.
Those buff effect is kinda too contrast.
Having multiple heroes with full party heal is kinda op
Sinxe this is only one shot game (only one boss), maybe you need to decrease the mana

i know its still early demo version, so good luck. and i cant really understand the damage formula, and what's the use of levels?

i cant say much because it's still a demo and i'm suck on giving ideas. I played once on hardest difficulty and defeated although there are still 2 heroes alive. then played on hard difficulty and its pretty easy. Here are my opinion:

Those decimals on damage counter is confusing.
i think its better if you scale down the numbers (hp/damage). Most people are just hate math (unlike you :p)
Those heroes abilities are confusing + they have no speciality. Thats fine, but you really need to make better ability description (with colors for famage/heal) and maybe edit some icons (giving simple color on border maybe, to categorized the ability).
Normal attack is too boring, seeing a guy running and slash and run back, even that instant arrow.
Those buff effect is kinda too contrast.
Having multiple heroes with full party heal is kinda op
Sinxe this is only one shot game (only one boss), maybe you need to decrease the mana

i know its still early demo version, so good luck.
Interesting, mind if you can recreate the scenario of the defeat? I need to investigate if something went broken in the chain (oh, and the triggers are fugly so I need to solve this ahead)

Will remove decimals
Scaling them? I don't know about that, I'll keep it in mind. I don't do math much here, it's just so you know that the more this ability is used consecutively, the less it's effectiveness.
They are meant to be boring, can't help much without some animation works.
Needs to make them visible, else people go asking where's the effect :D
Only 2 heroes has healing : Leo and SCN. SCN is the only party healer in game.
I'll think about it, seems a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback and the wishes :)

Level 22
Doing that would need to expand the system, and since we are limited to 5 character in a team, it will complicate things. I think somewhat like what Persona 5 did is doable (party switching), but it will add a lot of additional complexity to it.

Maybe offer a move to switch between two heroes for each move, and that probably counts as a full move?

Level 14
I love how each one of them rush in and strike once and draw back. Turn-based strategy FTW.
Seriously. This show a great potential if spent more time to update and polish it. People will definitely attract to this.

Thank you for the support guys!

Here's 0.1.2 version for you guys! Check first post for the file!

New :
Passive Ability : [Directive255] Power of the Master

Increase :
Nekros recovers 10,000 health, up from 1,000 for each reinforcement
Turn duration from 10 to 15 seconds

Decrease :

Remove :
A wrong text message stating damage accounts armor, it is not
Time limit for each turn in Singleplayer

Change :
Edge45's double damage no longer uses double effect

Bugfix :
Fixed Edge45's splash attack
Fixed Edge45's Attack doesn't account Challenge 4
Fixed [E]clipse cannot guard
[MAJOR] Fixed issue with multiplayer

I am uploading the 0.2.0 build now. It hasn't feature any of the newer terrain that @nightelfbuilder worked on. It will be featured in 0.2.1 release, which will (hopefully) comes with a brand new boss and several new minions to the package. Below is the changelog for 0.2.0, for the curious people :

[Based on 0.1.1 build due to crash in 0.1.2 build]

Increase :
Nekros health recovery from Reinforcement from 1,000 to 5,000

Added :
Passive : Master Power [Directive255]
Passive : Fiery Spirit [[E]clipse]
Passive : Support Mark [SCN]
Passive : Fire Manipulation [Rheiko]

Removed :
Damage dealt note

Changes :
Phoenix Bomb no longer use double effect for critical blow
Poison now accounts party damage modifier
Assault Signal buff tooltip

Bugfix :
[MAJOR] Multiplayer bug
Edge45's attack not count for Challenge 4
Edge45's attack not properly show damage when splashes

I am uploading the 0.2.0 build now. It hasn't feature any of the newer terrain that @nightelfbuilder worked on. It will be featured in 0.2.1 release, which will (hopefully) comes with a brand new boss and several new minions to the package. Below is the changelog for 0.2.0, for the curious people :

[Based on 0.1.1 build due to crash in 0.1.2 build]

Increase :
Nekros health recovery from Reinforcement from 1,000 to 5,000

Added :
Passive : Master Power [Directive255]
Passive : Fiery Spirit [[E]clipse]
Passive : Support Mark [SCN]
Passive : Fire Manipulation [Rheiko]

Removed :
Damage dealt note

Changes :
Phoenix Bomb no longer use double effect for critical blow
Poison now accounts party damage modifier
Assault Signal buff tooltip

Bugfix :
[MAJOR] Multiplayer bug
Edge45's attack not count for Challenge 4
Edge45's attack not properly show damage when splashes
I'll help you find some boss models, I will just send you the links of the models.

Today I manage to play Deathrise with 2 players and noticed that it's difficult to communicate in-game during the battle due to the inner systems. I need to heavily rework it to actually be able to allow mid-battle communication.
I'll send you the map now but the lobby ain't finish yet though.

0.2.2 is out!

LOG :
New : Character : Paillan
Enemy Abilities : Toxic Wind, Blazing Wind
Area : Village

Bugfix :
[SCN - Support Mark] Not removing Burning properly
[Leo Akastenix - Demonic Heritage] Not removing Burning properly
[[E]clipse - Attack] Deals unnaturally high damage

Buff :
Turn duration per hero is increased to 20 from 10 seconds
[Edge45 - Burning Blade] Additionally has 15% chance to deals 3-20% mana as damage per turn
[Leo Akastenix - Demonic Heritage] Additionally increase party damage by 1% per turn
[SCN - Support Mark] Additionally revive party at low health
[Nekros Deathbite] Charge now amplifies the damage by 5x from 3x
[Edge45 - Phoenix Bomb] Damage is now doubled while under Burning effect
[Daffa the Mage - Amplification Field] Additionally raises party damage by 1%
[[E]clipse - Health] +1000 [Rheiko - Inferno] +250 damage
[Directive255 - Death and Decay] +20% chance for 3 turn Poison
[[E]clipse - Fiery Spirit] Additional 50% chance for defense up per turn

Nerf :
[Daffa the Mage - Elite Mage] Damage dealt reduced from 10% to 7% of current mana
[Daffa the Mage - Magic Circle] Hit rate reduced from 60% to 40%
[Edge45 - Phoenix Bomb] now cost additional 100 mana
[[E]clipse - Attack] Damage bonus from health reduced from 30% to 25%
[Directive255 - Unholy Armor] Minimum health cap raised to 1000

FILE IS AT FIRST POST!
This is mostly a buff fest for most heroes while giving some nerf to dangerous effects. If any character is overshadowed by others, inform me so I can adjust them.

Level 5
Well it was a pretty fun game on the most easy difficutly, and quite a good challenge on the hard one. Now that we have a person style combat system will we ever get a person style game? Ehh, I'm glad with the way things are right now.

Well it was a pretty fun game on the most easy difficutly, and quite a good challenge on the hard one. Now that we have a person style combat system will we ever get a person style game? Ehh, I'm glad with the way things are right now.
Like a RPG of sort where it's turn based? I recall such maps.

Alright, after a long delay, I can finally inform that next version will feature new characters and some extra stuffs. The targeted date for this release is around today or tomorrow, just need some checking before doing the final upload.

EDIT :
Some changes of plans, the release will be delayed till June 3rd. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Version 0.2.3 is out!

This will be the last version on the Map Development. I will move the project to 1.0 once I'm back from my travels.

New :
[Area] Beach
[Character] Lirian von Drake

Bugfix :
[Divine Bolts] not properly fails Challenge 3
[Coral] camera being too close to front
[Death and Decay] now poisons properly
[Challenges] gives proper numbering
[Power of the Master] now properly displays shield information

Change :
[Paillan] Flame Ignition replaced with Divine Bolts
[Game] Reduce delay between Area and Difficulty dialog time by 1 second

Buff :
[Paillan] Attack damage increased from 450+15% HP to 750+20% HP
[Paillan] Attack critical chance increased from 10% to 15%
[Paillan] Attack now bypass Iron Shield buff
[Leo Akastenix] Attack damage increased from 400+15% HP to 400+15% HP+3% MAX HP
[Daffa the Mage] Magic Circle hit chance raised from 40% to 50%
[Daffa the Mage] Elite Mage now blocks negative status effect
[Daffa the Mage] Elite Mage now grants permanent Defensive Stance per turn
[Guard/Final Guard] Now nullifies all forms of status effect while active

Nerf :
[Paillan] Heart of Light damage reduction now capped at 10%
[Daffa the Mage] Amplification Field damage bonus now capped at 200%
[Directive255] Power of the Master no longer heal and shields at once
[SCN] Support Mark no longer revives all

Notes :
[Known Bug] Final Guard death block effect doesn't work properly

There's also something special I intentionally don't mention in the changelog, go figure :p

Attachments

• Deathrise 0.2.3.w3x
    8.6 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.