• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Grip in PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So, what do you think on this subject? Seeing as how Death Grip has no diminishing returns involved with it, how do you think it will tie in with BG's and arena?

Imo, a 5v5 with 4 Death Knights and a healer would be pretty beastly, Death Grip 4 of the other players, pop Death and Decay, and now it's a 5v1. Also, I shudder at thinking about WSG with death grip.

Level 34
It's a hideously exploitive ability aimed at making healers even more helpless in battlegrounds. Now were not even safe from the rear ranks- we just get deathgripped right into the center of enemy players. As if theres aren't already enough classes specifically designed to kill healers....
So it... kills. Does it lower healing on target, do damage, and hold or something?

Level 9
It's horrible. I hate Skill Grip.

I usually get chain-gripped to death :<

Shush and learn to use Cloak of Skill.

So it... kills. Does it lower healing on target, do damage, and hold or something?

Think of someone with a giant magnet. And you're made of metal.
It draws the other person over to the Death Knight forcefully.

It's a hideously exploitive ability aimed at making healers even more helpless in battlegrounds. Now were not even safe from the rear ranks- we just get deathgripped right into the center of enemy players. As if theres aren't already enough classes specifically designed to kill healers....

:/

Last edited:
Level 9
Thats if hes Unholy...
Anyways if I got a cooper every time I got kill stealed by a Death Knight using death grip....

Level 34
Just play a Ret Paladin. If a death knight grips you, just thank him, and then kill him.

Level 6
I almost want to go back.
Gah, I'm gonna. I hate that game yet it's better then doing nothing. QQ

I'd play privates but they always end up being crap and useless :/

The thing that sucks, is that when you are running in WSG, trying to get a flag or stop a flag, the DK can just Death Grip and all your progress is ruined.

Basically, a pull then aggro.

attachment.php

But what is seriously overpowered (in my opinion), is when they death's grip and Chains of Ice. BUT mages can blink out, druids can travel form, rogues can vanish, and gnomes ftw can Escape Artist (racial) out of it. Oh, and paladins can bubble-hearth.

Why would you go Prot in PvP? o_O

Actually, I've heard that prots are pretty good in PvP. But Fury is much more popular because of titan's grip. Whirlwind with titan's grip can seriously take a chunk of health out of you. It is pretty fricken' hard to melee vs. melee against fury. Unless you stun lock or in my case: kite, jump around, windfury proc, and utilize my totems like crazy.

But I've heard that some prots are f'ing high in dps charts... But people that know their class can still out dps them, because protection is for tanking.

-----

Anywho. Death's Grip isn't too imbalanced, because many classes have a way of getting out of it. This IS useable while moving. This is NOT useable while falling off a cliff, however. This has a 35 second cooldown, so don't be too afraid of being pulled back immediately. It is supposedly not useable in water.

Don't worry guys, this isn't the top of our "Death Knight OP Abilities List of the Frozen Wastes Jenkins"... :wink:

Last edited:
Level 34
prot warriors are the best build now. For everything. They can actually live in PvP, and they dish out good damage. I get my info from a friend that is probably 80 by now. He was 79 on the weekend.

Level 17
Yea, they're great in PvP. I saw 2 prot warriors vs 5 other people. Prot warriors won :p

abi

abi

Level 2
deaath grip...... makes me go crazy.. running in wsg with the flag, group of dks come death grip, dead.

Level 22
Death grip in of its self is not a bad spell, but the range on it is ridiculous! I've been deathgripped across the entire canal in SW, off the top of towers in AV, down the sides of mountains- its further then most range classes can shoot! THAT is total BS.

And as a healer...Death grip is the worst thing to happen to healers since counterspell. A spell that easily abused and strips healers of the one survival advantage the have- safe distance. That one spell almost makes having healers (depending on class) a liability in BGs.

Every class has another class/spec they are weak against....but Seriously...DKs are tailor made for killing every other class. They are weak against nothing. Unfair if you ask me.

And when it comes to DK vs Ret pally- it seems to boil down to who gets their burst damage roatation off first...which is usually the DK if deathgrip is involved.

Level 7
The next person to say prot wars can pvp needs to quit WoW. Theres a reason there isn't a REAL prot pvp set.

My ele shams own DK, i just push them away after they deathgrip and burst damage them to the ground. My rogue gets raped by DK's however...

Level 13
The next person to say prot wars can pvp needs to quit WoW. Theres a reason there isn't a REAL prot pvp set.

My ele shams own DK, i just push them away after they deathgrip and burst damage them to the ground. My rogue gets raped by DK's however...
According to my friends, alot of WoW players on different forums, and so on Prot Warriors are now one of the best PvP builds. So it's you against a few hundred people...

Level 7
According to my friends, alot of WoW players on different forums, and so on Prot Warriors are now one of the best PvP builds. So it's you against a few hundred people...

k minus "a few hundred" from the 7-8 million players that play wow and u got... several million against you? All there moves are for holding aggro and they have 0 dps, they just live forever... Why would you want that... Once theres a prot pvp set ill believe it, till then there raiders.

Level 22
This isn't Burning Crusade anymore. Prot warrior dps is quite valid in pvp as well as pve. The main tank in my guild had sustained 3.5k DPS on some fights. He frequently out-dps some DPS classes in 5 mans. Shield slam crits from block value-capped warriors have been known to knock off upwards of 50% of a players health (depending on armor type). Heck, I've had prot paladins pull off 10k burst damage on me before. Prot is no joke.

Level 34
This isn't Burning Crusade anymore. Prot warrior dps is quite valid in pvp as well as pve. The main tank in my guild had sustained 3.5k DPS on some fights. He frequently out-dps some DPS classes in 5 mans. Shield slam crits from block value-capped warriors have been known to knock off upwards of 50% of a players health (depending on armor type). Heck, I've had prot paladins pull off 10k burst damage on me before. Prot is no joke.
My friend sure isn't getting that. He said he averages usually 1000, and he's the main tank for his guild. That main tank must have some good gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.