• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"death" and "decay" animation removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Nova Spell

• Twisting Slash
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Twisting Slash (Hero)
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterPoint = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Real = 0.00
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Twisting Slash Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
          • Unit - Set level of Twisting Slash (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Twisting Slash (Hero) for Caster)
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%) with 50.00% transparency
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
          • Set LocationOffset[(Integer A)] = (CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To LocationOffset[(Integer A)]
          • Unit - Add a 3.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Set Real = (Real + (360.00 / 8.00))
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocationOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterPoint)

Level 15
want me to jass it up for you? The script is about 3 lines long, including the header and the end line...
edit:
Here is the script, weather you like it or not :p

JASS:
function remove_dummy takes unit dummy returns nothing
    call PolledWait(1)
    call RemoveUnit(dummy)
endfunction

This script should be called via custom script and fed by a variable in which you store the dummy right after it was created. Edit the polled wait to suit your needs.

Level 5
sry i don't know jass...
i made a variable named DummyUnit and set it to Unit
now what? :p

i also made dummyunit last created unit but when i try to copy paste the script it just copies the first line???

Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit Post button.
~Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
weird. Copy the script however you can, it's not too long, but the important part is calling it. Make a trigger action right after you have assigned the last created dummy into dummyunit. The trigger action should be general - custom script, and the script line should go like this: "call remove_dummy(udg_dummyunit)". That will create an instance of the removal script for each dummy unit and all will get removed after the polled wait. It's duration you can adapt.

Level 15
Don't tell me that you typed it into a custom script action, please, don't XD You must paste into the map header. Header shows when you click the map icon in the tree view in trigger editor. That is where you have to paste your code. Custom script action is only used to call that function later on.

Level 5
lol u could say that since i told u i don't know jass -.-
tnx will try now and report back

EDIT:
  • Twisting Slash
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Twisting Slash (Hero)
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterPoint = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Real = 0.00
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Twisting Slash Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call remove_dummy(udg_dummy)
          • Unit - Set level of Twisting Slash (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Twisting Slash (Hero) for Caster)
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%) with 50.00% transparency
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
          • Set LocationOffset[(Integer A)] = (CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To LocationOffset[(Integer A)]
          • Unit - Add a 3.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Set Real = (Real + (360.00 / 8.00))
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocationOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterPoint)
wont work its now even worse ^^ help pls.
i copied that function btw and set the time to 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.