• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death and Decay Spell Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi Guys, I need some help with the Death and Decay Spell, How do I change the damage of Death and Decay to be use from the hero attribute

Please kindly show me the trigger to use below. Thank You.

Level 39
You don't/can't; no base wc3 spells can use attributes for damage. You will have to code the effect entirely yourself. Periodically pick units in range of target point and damage them; if caster stops casting spell, end the effect.

You can do the nifty trick Tasyen posted below to change the spell's damage value at cast-time, which is probably good enough for most spells if you're okay locking the damage per-cast so it wouldn't change mid-cast if attributes are altered.

Last edited:
Death and Decay is % of max life dmg per second are sure you wana scale that with attributes, sounds pretty op to me. One could use monsun(ANmo)/Blizzard/Flamestrike for a fix dmg amount. But anyway that is doable with the ability api introduced in 1.31.
  • Unit SpellEffect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death and Decay
    • Actions
      • Set Attribut = (Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))
      • Set SpellLevel = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Damage = (0.01 x (Real(Attribut)))
      • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: (Ability being cast))'s Real Level Field: Max Life Drained per Second (%) ('Udd1') of Level: (SpellLevel - 1) to Damage
"Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s...."
is Set Ability Real Level Field

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.