• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Day and Night Shadowmeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
When I say day and night, I mean like Akama's, but when I use Akama's shadow meld it removes the icon. I want the icon to be seen, so how do I do it?

Level 21
Akama's shadowmeld only works at night.
I believe this ability that you request doesn't exist, so you'll have to make it.

You need any kind of channelable ability (I recommend the one called channel).
When a unit starts channelling that, then you give permanent invisibility to the unit. Then you periodically check if the unit is still channelling this(if the current order is the same as the order ID of channel). If it's not, you remove permanent invisibility and stop checking that unit.

Yes, I'm talking about triggers.

Level 10
Akama's shadowmeld only works at night.
I believe this ability that you request doesn't exist, so you'll have to make it.

You need any kind of channelable ability (I recommend the one called channel).
When a unit starts channelling that, then you give permanent invisibility to the unit. Then you periodically check if the unit is still channelling this(if the current order is the same as the order ID of channel). If it's not, you remove permanent invisibility and stop checking that unit.

Yes, I'm talking about triggers.

Can you provide like a, trigger explanation with hiveworkshop's BB Codes? (Those ['trigger'] stuff)

Level 21
When I say day and night, I mean like Akama's, but when I use Akama's shadow meld it removes the icon. I want the icon to be seen, so how do I do it?
Akama has Permanent Invisibility and Shadow Meld (Akama) abilities. Permanent Invisibility makes a unit always invisible except when attacking, and Shadow Meld (Akama) only shows the Hide icon.(active at day and night)

Level 10
Akama has Permanent Invisibility and Shadow Meld (Akama) abilities. Permanent Invisibility makes a unit always invisible except when attacking, and Shadow Meld (Akama) only shows the Hide icon.(active at day and night)

Yeah, that's what I was saying. The Permanent Invisibility one, if only I could get the icon to appear.

Level 10
Alright, I tested it, I had triggers set where if you go to a bush, or a haystack, you will become invisible. Unfortunately, when I tested it out, when it became morning, I couldn't become invisible.

Level 21
Alright, I tested it, I had triggers set where if you go to a bush, or a haystack, you will become invisible. Unfortunately, when I tested it out, when it became morning, I couldn't become invisible.
If you want further help, you should post those triggers or some kind of test map. Also, a unit is always invisible during the day and night if it has Permanent Invisibility (unless when attacking), so it should work at day time as well.

Level 10
If you want further help, you should post those triggers or some kind of test map. Also, a unit is always invisible during the day and night if it has Permanent Invisibility (unless when attacking), so it should work at day time as well.

*Boop*

Attachments

• Barnyard Escape.w3x
    35.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.