• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn Of New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Alright, here we go again :wink: Came up with this after a dream i had a few days ago.

Anyway, I did put some more effort into this then i did with my last picture.
Took me about 5 hours to make it.

Click here for a larger view.

Hope you enjoy it and inspires you to make terrains by our own !

/MadseN

Attachments

• Castel Dawn4.jpg
    Castel Dawn4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Level 9
Wow really nice. When I first saw it it kinda gave me that elder scrolls oblivian feel from the look of the forest and that path way. You could maybe add a few shrubs along the road side. Other wise I think it looks great. Kepp up the good work :D

Level 25
Holy shit, amazingly well done! I love how you made the doodads get smaller and smaller to make the castle look three times bigger than it really is. Very well done. For once, someone knows what they're doing! Definately deserves my +Rep!

My only problem with this one is that the road looks too plain.
Keep it up, your work is so inspiring to me. :wink:
~Craka_J

Level 34
@Craka, I did the same thing! I was a little weirded out. Then I read your post, went back, and realized what it said. :gg:

*Next day later and still no terrain update* :cry:
@HINDY: When you said "Prepare to get repped", I thought you said "Prepare to get raped." lol xD
I really need to start reading a lot more carefully!
~Craka_J

I need to read things more carefully too. Not becaus of that but other things...Once there was a thread asking what was up on our maps and I started talking about mine......It was closed by the time I relised the thread was posting in a hosted project forum. >.< Got some people pretty mad.

Level 8
Do not edit it in photoshop. This forums for people to show their work with terraining, not image editting :p. Just take a screenshot of how the terrain looks, cut out the image in photoshop, and attach it here.

Level 8
Just one question.How I get screenshots of the terrain?I made one.Shall i take a screnshot in game and the edit it in photoshop?

Look here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=347005&postcount=25 I gave three images which shows how the editor views and the possible game views work.

For the sake of using the editor to take terrain pictures Step by step:

1. Go to advanced 'View Entire Map'

2. Scroll a round and find the right camera angle and shot. Without fog, shadows and all of that on - these cause lag.

3. Hit V only if you have doodads like pathing blockers or birds or bats (giving those pink checkered boxes) If there are none in the view then you do not need to hit V.

--- OR ---
---> Turn on fog (f), sky (k), shadows (s), etc as needed. (Menu/view)

4. The left side menu Has a bar on the right side, grab that and move it far left. Then maximize the window.

5. Hit screen shot, then past the screen shot in say MS Paint - move and crop as needed or frame it whatever you want to do.

If you are taking quick screens of a smaller editor window, say for a quick history picture book of what you are doing, then hold down CTRL button when you hit print screen - that will only take an image of the window you have selected (on top).

An alternative (since you have paintshop) is to go to C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Screenshots on your computer you will find all of your screen shots in a format that can be opened by programs like paintshop, microsoft picture it, etc.

For posting here you need to change it to a JPEG.

I have found it rather easy to just take a screen shot and paste it in MS paint - moving the selected image until the menu bars are off the upper left hand corner, then moving the sides of the page to cover the right and bottom. For those who do not have paintshop and other photo editing software.

Level 25
It can use improvement. It needs more environmentals such as rocks (with a bit of a roll value probably), a couple shrubs, river rushes (Maybe), and maybe a little bit more of a decorative touch, such as a flag or torch.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.