• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarkLordX' TFT=>RoC Tutorial

Level 7
Maybe you know the problem. You made a map with your TFT World Editor and now the RoC players can't play it. There are many very complicated ways to convert TFT to RoC, but in this tutorial I'll show you an easy way...

1. Things we need:

1.WinMPQ (Download HERE)
2. Your TFT-Map and a RoC version of it. The RoC-Map must have the same name and scenario (Players and allies for example)

Difficulty: Easy (3/10)

2. Install/use WinMPQ:

You have downloadet WinMPQ now. Open it with WinRAR or WinZIP and double-click on the "Vbr4.zip". Then install the "setup.exe". After this you open the "RunPack3.zip" and there you install the "setup.exe", too. Now you have installed WinMPQ. Step 2 is done.

3. Open and convert your map

After you have installed WinMPQ, you should see this screen when you open it:

The Next step is, that you create a new folder anywhere but I recommend to create it on the desktop. Then you open your TFT-Map with WinMPQ.You have to select "All-Files" when you open it. It will show you this screen:

Then mark everything you see on the left and press "Extract". Select your new folder which you made in the beginning. It will look like this:

After you extracted all the files from your TFT-Map into the new folder, you should open your RoC-Map (.w3m). Mark everything
you see and press delete. It will show you a screen
and you press "Yes".

Now your RoC-Map is empty and has no files.
You press the "Add Folder" button at the top
and select the folder you made at the beginning.
My folder's name is TheNewFolder. You will see this screen:

It shows you a little window. There you only press "Yes" and ignore it.
Now you press the "New" button at the top and select your RoC-Map
and save it. We have almost done now. When you save it, you
will see a screen again. There you press "Yes" again. That's all!

BUT: After you converted the TFT-Map
to RoC, you shouldn't open it in World-Editor again. Because when
you open your converted map, it will be a TFT-Map again. So when you convert a map, be sure that the map is finished and only re-open it in WE
for updates. I hope you could understand my tutorial and it will help you.

4. Credits

1.DeMoN-0101 for the main idea.
2. TheBlooddancer for helping me with my screenshots.
3. Ralle for uploading WinMPQ v.1.64 :)

THX ALL!

Last edited: