• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] DarkGauntlet Island Survival - An Epic Tale Of Suspense And Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
DarkGauntlet Island Survival

Introduction
Alrighty, flashy title aside, DarkGauntlet Island is, if not already made obvious, is a 3 player survival map in which, at the moment, there are only 3 heroes to pick from.

The objective of the game is to survive a full 5 days, which is about 40 minutes and 30 seconds all together, while making sure your ship remains afloat. During those 5 days, you will face hordes of the undead slogging your way during daylight, while confronting the seemingly invincible, ghost-like shades of the night.

I also have to mention one more thing here; this is my first map, so my JassScript is poor and the triggers hurt my head.

Features(As of the current version)
  • Play as three unique heroes. They are unique in the sense that no 2 heroes are alike, but otherwise, their skills are edited versions of pre-existing skills available on Warcraft 3.
  • Buy gear, buy slaves and buy skills; In addition to the standard stat buff items you usually get on your average survival map, you can also buy slaves to either harvest gold for you or fight, and buy abilities (in the form of items) which have a large impact in how you defend, whether it is buffing your allies or by blowing the heck out of your enemies.
  • Face enormous amounts of zombies; I do my best to make sure that what you face during the day are zombie like in the way they look. That means that there are no recolored dogs and villagers, just zombies, ghouls and more.
  • Face endless amounts of shades; okay, not literally endless, but sometimes they seem to never stop. They are many and though their hp maybe low, their regeneration is insane and it also doesn't help that they are fast, ghost-like and that some abilities do not work on them.
  • I don't know if I can say this is a feature, but enemies will cast spells to ruin your day, I repeat, they WILL cast spells.
  • At the moment, there is only one boss fight, which is on day 4. I won't say much about it. You have to go experience it for yourself.
  • -solomode for all you people without friends. Type it in before you take a hero. Also, make sure you are in the first slot as the benefits are only for player 1.

As you may have you noticed, I have mentioned the phrase "at the moment" and "as of the current version". It's in this section in the forum for a reason and that's because it is not complete. At the moment, the content that are missing, incomplete or need testing are as follows
  • The final boss; this doesn't mean that the fifth night will be empty.
  • Actual three player testing; this doesn't mean I have not tested the map at all. There is a solo mode for people who don't have anybody to play with, and compared to what I would theorise three players to be like, it's actually somewhat harder to play solo mode due to the lack of quantity of nukes and the lack of other heroes to make auras and buffs useful.
  • In relation to three player testing, I need to know whether spellcasters will target player 2 and 3.
  • Three more heroes; at the moment, I'm focused on providing a functional map that is playable before I decide to add three more heroes.
  • A victory condition... Well... No final boss, no victory.
  • Tooltips. Not that there aren't any, but I'm worried about whether or not they are telling the right stats and effects with clarity.

That is all for now, so here's the link to download the map. (I checked the conditions and I consider this to be near completion as it can be played until the fifth night and that almost all of the features in the current version are functional)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darkgauntlet-island-survival-236608/

Credits to:
  • Domokun for the sentry gun.
  • Donut3.5 for the Hook Horror.
  • Icewolf055 for the Shadow Elemental.
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY for the Shadow Golem.
  • Tarrasque for the Demon Knight.

Please do give feedback for the map, as well as suggestions. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.