• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark themed MUI spells

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well this is my first post.

it contains 3 spells: Dark pillars, hypnotize and Black hole. They are basically combinations of normal and MUI spells.

Dark Pillars: Summons waves of dark energy on a zone, dealing damage plus damage based on caster's intelligence and lesser damage over time for 3 seconds.

Hypnotize: Silences all units on a zone for 30 seconds and takes control of all the enemy units under level 5 in it for a while.

Black Hole: Channels a black hole which vacuums, damages and slows nearby units. When the units get closer to the black hole, they recieve even more damage from it.

I'm still cheching errors. I thank any bug reports so i fix them.

I'll upload triggers screenshots when I learn how to.

Credits:
Dark Pillar/Shadow strike model by Nasrudin
Blue Fire/Plasma leak model by shamanyouranus
Black Hole model by Carrington2k
Spell trigger by Thundragon

EDIT:
-Fixed some bugs & leaks, improved the unit detection
-Changed Hypnosis art
-Changed abilities definition
-Converted Black Hole into a Channel based spell and fixed bugs.
-Optimyzed other stuff

Hope it'll be useful and give credits

Keywords:
Dark,Themed,Black,Hole,MUI,Pack
Contents

Dark themed custom spells (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 19:59, 16th Jun 2010 Hanky: You got some leaks in your triggers. Fix them and I'll approve your spellpack.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

19:59, 16th Jun 2010
Hanky:
You got some leaks in your triggers. Fix them and I'll approve your spellpack.

Level 16
Moin Moin =)

Ok I only got a small look on it and here are some points:

=== Forum - Description ===
Add you triggers into the map description of your map. [Use hidden tags for a better over view]

=== Spells ===
- Dark pillars: You should change it, that this ability damage yourself and friendly units

- Black Hole: Again retrigger it that black hole has no effect on own units.
- Black Hole: Also you should add an AOE casting circle ( Because Black Hole is an AOE spell )
- Black Hole: Somehow the spell interrupt before the 10 seconds are over, but I do no action or something else.

- Hypnosis: Wondering why my own controlled hero gets silenced if I use it on him =O

=== Trigger ===
- General: Don't use casting unit if your event is: Unit - A unit start the effect of an ability" - use "Triggering unit" instead.

- General: If you use the action "Unit Group - Pick every ....." you should check the conditions directly not after the picking. Because your way picks all units and after it checks the conditions from all units, it's better if you directly check it.

- Hypnosis: The 2nd action "Unit Group - Pick every [...] target point of ability being casted [...]" - you should first create a location variable with "target point of ability being casted" and clear this location at the end

- BlackHoleMoveTarget: There you got the following condition: "(((Picked unit) is A ground unit) Equal to (==) True) or (((Picked unit) is A flying unit) Equal to (==) True)" <-- sense of this? =O

Everything in points:

+ works ingame
+ easy to understand [GUI + Good documentation]
+ Nice ideas
+ Good use with hashtables [I hate them at all^^]

* There are something you can change to make the spell better
* Some trigger improvements are possible and you should care about them
* Missed the triggers in the forum description [But there's no -point for it]

So what we have: Hmm I think about giving you and your spells 3,5/5 points. After you improve your triggers it will be 4,5/5 at all. Anyway you got my vote for an approval!
Greetings
The Bomb King ~ Dr. Boom

Level 2
Moin Moin =)

Ok I only got a small look on it and here are some points:

=== Forum - Description ===
Add you triggers into the map description of your map. [Use hidden tags for a better over view]

=== Spells ===
- Dark pillars: You should change it, that this ability damage yourself and friendly units

- Black Hole: Again retrigger it that black hole has no effect on own units.
- Black Hole: Also you should add an AOE casting circle ( Because Black Hole is an AOE spell )
- Black Hole: Somehow the spell interrupt before the 10 seconds are over, but I do no action or something else.

- Hypnosis: Wondering why my own controlled hero gets silenced if I use it on him =O

=== Trigger ===
- General: Don't use casting unit if your event is: Unit - A unit start the effect of an ability" - use "Triggering unit" instead.

- General: If you use the action "Unit Group - Pick every ....." you should check the conditions directly not after the picking. Because your way picks all units and after it checks the conditions from all units, it's better if you directly check it.

- Hypnosis: The 2nd action "Unit Group - Pick every [...] target point of ability being casted [...]" - you should first create a location variable with "target point of ability being casted" and clear this location at the end

- BlackHoleMoveTarget: There you got the following condition: "(((Picked unit) is A ground unit) Equal to (==) True) or (((Picked unit) is A flying unit) Equal to (==) True)" <-- sense of this? =O

Everything in points:

+ works ingame
+ easy to understand [GUI + Good documentation]
+ Nice ideas
+ Good use with hashtables [I hate them at all^^]

* There are something you can change to make the spell better
* Some trigger improvements are possible and you should care about them
* Missed the triggers in the forum description [But there's no -point for it]

So what we have: Hmm I think about giving you and your spells 3,5/5 points. After you improve your triggers it will be 4,5/5 at all. Anyway you got my vote for an approval!
Greetings
The Bomb King ~ Dr. Boom

-About dark pillars, I wanted the ability to damage friendly units becasue it's supposed it works as Rain of fire or Flame strike.
-For black hole the idea was to vacuum ALL the nearby units, but i think i'd be better if it doesn't affect the caster. And about that conditions :eekani: I just forgot to fix that when i started making the spell :hohum:.
.If you read Hypnosis description you saw that it says it silences all units in the area, so it includes the caster. I only though it would be more appropiate.
-I use conditions after the picking because i couldn't find a way to pick units in a variable group and search matching units at the same time.

I'll update the spell ASAP and fix any other bugs i find in my way