• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Well, I have been working on this one all day, still somewhat of a WIP, red fog giving me some trouble anyway as always, comments pls

Attachments

• lava2.jpg
    lava2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 411
  • ;ava.jpg
    ;ava.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 737
  • lava3.jpg
    lava3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,149
  • lava4.jpg
    lava4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 418
Level 34
Why is Oblivion mentioned in every lava terrain!

Pretty good. I like your lava. I think the doodads you used in it make it. The middle is nice, but I don't care for the walls. That's about it. Good work!

Level 10
Well, it's not exactly great. First off, experienced terrainers NEVER use orange water for lava, use a model or terrain substitute. It'll work much better.

i actually think the oragne water (didnt even know it was orange water till you mentioned it, i thought it was lava) looks really nice, and would definlatly look better then the lava terrain texture...

Level 8
Well, I have been working on this one all day, still somewhat of a WIP, red fog giving me some trouble anyway as always, comments pls

Dark (??)Citadel? Seems awfully bright to me. :grin:

Your camera shot is really zoomed out, the sky box is obviously a box. Upside you see the whole of hell there, down side you also see the end of the world and the sky box.

I would set the fog at a starting distance of 10 and a furthest distance of about 60 000 - I would tinker with the density until the sky box and the edge of the world is lost in the mists of fog. Failing that I would rise up and look steeply down, or I would set up a camera on the approach to the bridge and zoom it in/out until the sky box is just one click away from being obviously a sky box.

For a terrain pretty picture shot you may want to enlarge the map to epic - add steep hills (cliff like) out of dark rock with just a hint of cracks of lava jutting up to hide the edge of the world. maybe a thick coat of ground fog in the distance?

:thumbs_up:

Level 25
Very good work, famouspker49. The walls of the cliff where the fortess is set atop needs more details though. Possibly red outland rocks or something to blend.

But I really like this piece. You should've taken better screenshots of it though rather than showing the entire map with the boundries visible and all that. Take screenshots like me or [Death] does for example. It makes the terrain more interesting. :smile:

Nice work overall! +Rep!
~Craka_J

Level 18
Alright, thanks for the suggestions guys, my next terraining pieces will be much on a much larger map, to eliminate that, I will do what I can with the suggestions, the fog gets like super dense, even on a super low density, maybe I am just a little inexperienced, but fog is a little new for me, Thanks Again! Look out for my next upcoming piece, I hope you like it just as much, and keep on improving with all the suggestions I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.