• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark and Light

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Daffa
Its about time to update my first map so here it is,hope you like it.

Human-IronAxes
Undead-Dark Brotherhood
Night Elfs-Night Elfs
Orcs-Orcs

Screenshot_1_18_2014_6_37_27_PM.png

Screenshot_1_17_2014_9_23_37_PM.png

Models

Freddyk
Radagast
Uncle Fester
Ujimasa Hojo
Norinrad
donut3.5
Sin'dorei300
D.ee

Icons

Sin'dorei300
Frankster
Uncle Fester
Mr.Goblin
Marcos DAB
Ujimasa Hojo
Norinrad
donut3.5
Tenebrae
D.ee

Keywords:
Dark and Light,custom
Contents

Dark and Light (Map)

Reviews
10:56, 15th Mar 2014 Orcnet: define more of the aspects of your altered melee

M

10:56, 15th Mar 2014
Orcnet: define more of the aspects of your altered melee

Your description needs vast improvements. You must credit the makers of the models/icons by name, it's the least amount of respect they deserve.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's your first map, the level of quality is still the same. I haven't tried the map but I suggest you sharpen the presentation as a priority.

Lordul Dracula said:
nice for first map

you haven't even downloaded it lol. How can you rate and give feedback?

Level 21
The description doesn't even have properly used BB codes, I see some futile BB codes inserted at the end and can't see the screenshot. You could also improve your description by adding more information to it and make a credits list which is VERY important.
For now, without even downloading the map, this map risks to get rejected just for the lacking description.

Level 21
Just by looking at the screenshots I see everything is copy-pasted.

Dwarf Priest ---> Priest
Hook Horror ---> Abomination

Mah, I think this is one of the countless altered melees which have very few changes. That's why now I am working on my own altered melee so that people can see how to make a decent one because I always find common issues in most of the altered melees which are the following:-
- Obviously copy-pasted units/abilities/researches
- Non-working icons
- Nothing that makes me want to replay it so I just download, comment and delete

Level 2
Ok,ok i got it.You think i didnt know of these?I tried to change some thing but i dont know how and Shadow Fury,stop said that everything is copy-paste,if knew how to change the voice or add new power i would done so and also if you like to comment so much why dont YOU make an altered melee map and prove to us that you are much better?

Level 18
Ok,ok i got it.You think i didnt know of these?I tried to change some thing but i dont know how and Shadow Fury,stop said that everything is copy-paste,if knew how to change the voice or add new power i would done so and also if you like to comment so much why dont YOU make an altered melee map and prove to us that you are much better?
When u click at the unit in object editor the click unit sound and u could see my maps for examples

Level 21

In fact, I am making my own altered melee map for this reason. And let me know something, if you don't know how to change a unit's HP, attack damage and these stuff, then why making an altered melee which requires these things to be changed?

Level 21
Even if i would change the hp and attack some people will start complainging that either they are too weak or too powerfull so you cant satisfy everybody.

It's not a problem, you will learn how to balance! It's not as hard as you imagine! To balance a unit, you have to change many things. That's one way I balance

Cooldown = 1.80
Attack damage = 22 - 27

New Cooldown = 2.1
New Attack Damage = 26 -32

That's how I balance and it actually works! And satisfying everyone is hard because everyone has his/her own tastes and opinions.