• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dare to play Hide and Seek alone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hitori kakurenbo, is an ancient game from Japan, where you play hide and seek with a SPIRIT/GHOST/GENIE.

How to do it:
1. Prepare a doll with A Head, A complete body, 2 complete legs, 2 complete arms. I highly recommend the doll shape are not human-shaped, because SPIRIT/GHOST/GENIE can't get out easily with that doll. (It will keep haunting you)

2. Take out the cotton of the doll, and change it with a rice. Give one drop of your blood, or a piece of your nails. Then sew/wrap the doll with a red string.

3. Prepare a Sharp Pencil, Salt in a water, and a handful of salt. (Use a tiny bag)

4. Wait till 2-3 AM. Try to play alone at home, nobody is accompanying you. Turn off all the light, except the bathroom's light. Turn on every TV in your home to an empty channel.

5. Go to your bathroom. Bring the doll that had been prepared earlier. Drown the doll to a bath or a water dipper that filled with water and say like this: "(Your name) guard, (Your doll's name) have to hide" (Say it 3 Times.)

6. Go to another room, and start counting just like when you playing hide and seek as the guard. Close your eyes and count 1 to 10

7. Then go to the bathroom where you put the doll, and say like this: "I found you" (Say it 3 Times) then stab the body with a sharp pencil.

8. Now do the opposite, get the doll and say this to the doll: "(Your doll's name) guard, (Your name) have to hide" (Say it 3 Times) then drown the doll again.

9. Hide in a safe place. Bring the salts that you have prepared earlier.

10. Start alert, drink the salts but don't swallow it. The function is to gush if there is a sudden attack, a handful of salt will be your weapon too.

11. If you're lucky, you will hear strange voices around you (like "Where are you bitch?!" Or an unordinary barking dogs) there is something or someone who tried to search you. And the TV is changing channels too.

12. If you are bored or scared to hide, get out and say "I win" (Say it 3 Times) find the doll and burn it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Last edited:
Level 25
Way too much effort for some disappointment.

You should try it, so you could prove whether it's real or BS. I wouldn't try it though, I'm too scared for that shit. I've also heard this from my cousin before.

Don't worry, this type of thing is always nonsense.

Anything supernatural conveniently disappears when you apply rigorous scientific test principles. Hallucinations and other parts of our brain that we don't fully understand is a much better explanation for why some people might hear/see something when playing this game.

The magician Derren Brown did an interesting documentary/film (either Miracles for Sale or a different one, not sure) where he made a non-religious person have a "religious" experience, using psychological tricks. Nothing supernatural going on, just our minds being fooled.

Level 21
I never believed in such superstitious tales. Spirits, ghosts and these bla bla bla do not exist. Be rational, be realists, this is just your imagination. Those who heard voices are probably those who have a strong imagination and those videos on youtube can easily be false.

Level 21
That is what Off-topic for, right?
Do the challenge skeptics. I challenge you, record it if you can.(even if it useless, pointless, non-sense, mumbo-jumbo, bullshit, or other things)

Challenge denied. The sceptic (aka myself) doesn't wish to do this for the following:

1- I'll not stay awake till 2-3 AM, I'll be already sleeping by that time
2- Even if I manage to stay awake, I won't shout words and wake up everyone
3- I detest dolls
4- It would waste my time uselessly and the result would be the one I expected (which is nothing supernatural happened)

Level 21
I guess your country doesn't have much of supernatural creatures, your lucky.

I don't know… Take the risk??

It has nothing to do with my country. I have a very rational way of thinking and I've always been the guy "Seeing is believing" and "I won't believe it until you give me some solid scientific proofs".
Take the risk? No thanks, it's not a matter that I'm afraid but simply that I know what will happen in the end for sure. It's not even a risk for me.

Level 9
Well, I have to use the eleventh rule of the internet;
" You must have pictures to prove your statement". Or videos, alternatively.

Level 22
It has nothing to do with my country. I have a very rational way of thinking and I've always been the guy "Seeing is believing" and "I won't believe it until you give me some solid scientific proofs".
Take the risk? No thanks, it's not a matter that I'm afraid but simply that I know what will happen in the end for sure. It's not even a risk for me.

There's this kind of game in my country and my schoolmates once did try it. Well, they didn't make it work when they tried it at first but they started to get possessed one by one the next day they came to school. Perhaps there are things that cannot be taken rationally? just saying.

There's this kind of game in my country and my schoolmates once did try it. Well, they didn't make it work when they tried it at first but they started to get possessed one by one the next day they came to school. Perhaps there are things that cannot be taken rationally? just saying.
You give me the memories from a former student of my school years ago when they told the past of students got possessed.

Oh, and don't mentioned some places in our country that can be deemed as haunted.

I believe these are شيطان doing

I got to say, this dare is actually pretty clever in numerous ways:

1) turning on the TVs and setting them up to display an empty channel so they just show white noise
--> it's a well-known psychological phenomenon that after a certain amount of listening to pure unfiltered white-noise, you will imagine hearing "sounds" that stick out of the white noise. This is because your brain always tries to "filter" information out of any audible event, as it assumes there are audible information in any sound that can be translated into real-life events; even if there aren't any. You are basicly confusing your brain on purpose here, especially as it tries desperately to locate the source of the white noise - which is almost impossible to do, due to the way the human hearing mechanicsm works (it's locating direction and distance to a sound source by comparing direct signals versus reflected signals from walls and the ground; however, as white noise by definition has all frequencies across the spectrum, there is no audible delay to be measured).

2) putting rice into a doll and drowning it in water.
--> We all know what happens when rice gets drowned into water. Bursting seams definitely create sudden noises that can surprise you, especially if you aren't suspecting them (as we are used to hear the sound of bursting seams only when people are around).

3) drinking salty water will dehydrate your brain, which might cause hallucinations and dizziness.

4) Obviously, combining claustrophobia with achluophobia and the uncanney valley effect of dolls.

So basicly:
Fooling your brain + creating unexpected noises + dehydrating your brain + triggering primal fears

You know what would make this even better? LSD.

Level 18
I got to say, this dare is actually pretty clever in numerous ways:

1) turning on the TVs and setting them up to display an empty channel so they just show white noise
--> it's a well-known psychological phenomenon that after a certain amount of listening to pure unfiltered white-noise, you will imagine hearing "sounds" that stick out of the white noise. This is because your brain always tries to "filter" information out of any audible event, as it assumes there are audible information in any sound that can be translated into real-life events; even if there aren't any. You are basicly confusing your brain on purpose here, especially as it tries desperately to locate the source of the white noise - which is almost impossible to do, due to the way the human hearing mechanicsm works (it's locating direction and distance to a sound source by comparing direct signals versus reflected signals from walls and the ground; however, as white noise by definition has all frequencies across the spectrum, there is no audible delay to be measured).

2) putting rice into a doll and drowning it in water.
--> We all know what happens when rice gets drowned into water. Bursting seams definitely create sudden noises that can surprise you, especially if you aren't suspecting them (as we are used to hear the sound of bursting seams only when people are around).

3) drinking salty water will dehydrate your brain, which might cause hallucinations and dizziness.

4) Obviously, combining claustrophobia with achluophobia and the uncanney valley effect of dolls.

So basicly:
Fooling your brain + creating unexpected noises + dehydrating your brain + triggering primal fears

You know what would make this even better? LSD.

Mistery solved.
Thanks Zwiebelchen :D

Level 25

How do you define "possessed"?

For thousands of years, we've been labeling people with mental problems like schizophrenia as possessed. But we've since learned a great deal more about mental illnesses, they are biological in nature.

Things that we "cannot take rationally" are things that we don't understand well enough yet. Just as magnetism was magic and mental illness was demonic possession, as science moves forward the set of things that "cannot be taken rationally" decreases, possibly eventually becoming nonexistent.

That's why I challenge skeptics/sceptics

If I give you an arbitrary set of instructions and tell you that they will result in some supernatural event, would you do it?
If it just required some small action?
If it required more resources - like buying something?
If it required harm to yourself?

It's easy to make a claim. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Level 7
Rheiko said:
Your Classmates are teasing the genies over there.

Daffa said:
I believe these are شيطان doing
Satan can't be seen by paranormals or ustadz they even don't disturb us, their job is too make people go to the wrong ways... But you already know that right? Daffa.

ruleofiron99 said:
If I give you an arbitrary set of instructions and tell you that they will result in some supernatural event, would you do it?
If it just required some small action?
If it required more resources - like buying something?
If it required harm to yourself?

It's easy to make a claim. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
1) No, to much supernatural things in my home. And that's enough.
2) To 5) I don't understand.
6. Yeah, I know. How about you record the proof of it

Level 22
@ruleofiron99
Possessed in meaning of a human body that taken over / controlled by supernatural being and left its conciousness. I wouldn't know if it is true or not but you did say science decreases things that cannot be taken rationally earlier and It's something that i can't prove though it seems it is true. I'll just entrust this to future inventions regarding mental illnesses, I guess.

Fang said:
Your Classmates are teasing the genies over there.
Not classmates actually, more like my former juniors.

Satan can't be seen by paranormals or ustadz they even don't disturb us, their job is too make people go to the wrong ways... But you already know that right? Daffa.
Then it's Jinn's doing, though I guess I should stop here. Just reply to me via VM if we want to continue about this.
-------------
Regardless, these stuffs are mental breaking. The lack of scientific facts contributes well to it. By far, mental illness is the hardest thing to answer.

Level 25
Did they grown wings and became red too?

Level 19
ha!

I've actually played this game, but with my cousin so I wasn't alone

ours was a bit different though

and just for you skeptics... it's real!!! or at least we had a pretty frightening experience even if it wasn't real

we played it outside

but we didn't do a lot of the steps.

we went out side

we had this doll with flat arms so we used that

we dunked it in a dog's bowl and sat down close, waiting for it to do something

after a while, it was cold, we gave up and said

'we win, we win, we win'

then this black thing came up out of the water and started flying around us.

we kept saying we win to try and chase it away... but we were so scared we sat down on the floor... we had a blanket...

anyway

I remember it was like this black thing was attracted to our voices and as long as we said we win it would keep circling around us

we tried to make it get closer and closer

my cousin said something after a while about it not being close enough so I told him to stand up

and it flew right past his head

but then it flew away...

I think we both stopped saying we win because we were like woe That was close

anyway we never tried it again and we were 7 and 9 at the time

my cousin doesn't talk to me anymore so I guess it was like our one sort of thing together.

o.and I told my brother about it ans he says that thing must have been a bat

but that thing was too big and too odd a shape to be a bat

Level 19
o I got a few my grand father experienced

he was a teacher
a writer
and now currently in his 80s sells produce to shops

so his no idiot.

ok

now for the ghost stories

lost shoe.

my grand father in his youth. woke up from sleep to see this small boy with no legs, stealing his school shoes. he chased the boy around and around the kitchen table but every time the boy with no legs would evade him.

eventually my grand father gave up.

the next day he woke up and 1 shoe was missing....

ok that was a bit vague but I can hardly remember it

get off

my grand father in his beginning of adult living by himself period... lived with 2 other guys

they all slept in the same room and my grand father was the youngest.

now in the middle of the night one of the guys wakes everyone up

'I need to take a leak but I can't find the door'

so they lit a candle but all 3 of them could not find the door eventually my grand father told the guy to piss in the corner.

a few nights later again.the door went missing

but this time none of them.could get up
and their was a figure praying in the room

bla bla bla

another event was walking home and seeing something that looked like a cow but wasn't

why wasn't it?

because when you walked past it, it's shape changed

hmm and one thing all catholic like

my grand father got rid of.the ghost in their room by putting a rosary there

but when they woke up the rosary was in shreds

but the ghost never returned...

Level 19
well my one is

and my grand father is not someone who makes up stories or even enjoys telling stories.

my grand mother saw one ghost once

she saw a ghost praying in her bed room when she woke up from sleep

my grand father was with her and they both decided its best to just ignore the ghost and go back to sleep

my grand mother said

'it was unnaturally frightening. it was a stranger in your house which makes you instantly want to get up and do something, but it was also a ghost and was extremely frightening'

my grand mother looked at the ghost several times.

she says the ghost wouldn't look at them, but it kept praying mumbling and then suddenly stopping to point at the.'rosary of hope'

it would then repeat praying mumble point

but in the morning after that night, my grand parents got a call that my grand mothers sister had died

my grand mother says the ghost had a veil but she now believe that ghost must have been her sister.

it makes you wonder

is that's why in the Bible when ever a ghost/angle appears

they say

'do not be afraid'

because it's just so unnaturally terrifying

Level 17
Nice tales but where're the scientific proofs behind them? People who witnessed or lived such experiences do not give any humble evidence...

This.
Also, People give funny Reasons as evidences! Even people lie!!!
(e.g. in Yahoo answer.com: Do Werewolves exist?
[I Know that the question is weird. Like a 10 years old child posting that...]
Answers: Yeah They exist. Chant this Under full moon 10 time: [''blablabla'']

Yes I'm a Werewolf too.

Na, they don't exist. they are only in your imagination.
[thank god sb posted that]

and Other Weirdos. What do you think?)

Level 19
Ya I don't believe in anything else...

no fairies
werewolf
vampires

bla bla bla

but ghosts maybe...

like I said, it was just this black thing. I'm not even sure I would call it a ghost, but it was defiantly weird and something hard to ever forget

it's amazing... ok, wrong word, but it's an interesting experience

it makes Me feel like the world is still filled with hidden undocumented secrets.

o and fairies do exist... just not in the sense you think

and no not even what you homophobes are thinking

there is a type of bug that is called a fairy

it's small white and doesn't fly but kinda glides in the air like it's lifted up by magic

but it's just a bug not a tiny human with wings.

hmm

I wish there was more I could tell, but nope :-D

it's just one of those unsatisfying answers where you have to experience it to know what its like.

how about you do try the dare

go out at night

go into.the forests(I was just outside.the house with my cousin)

and plunge a doll in some water

you don't have to do any weird rituals

just say

'I win I win I win' over and over

but say it in a haughty way

I wiiiiiiin

kind of like whooooo like the ghosts do

we noticed the black thing came lower to the ground when we stretched the words

do it in one tone...

ha... ok sounds pretty ritual regardless

I'm just trying to recreate the experience for you.

Level 7
Ghosts do not exist. Actually they're Jinn. And anything like werewolves, or something. They're Jinn
And Spirits they're do exist but they will leave to the underworld after 40 days of his/her death. But may last longer if his/her death was not in time.

Level 22
Ghosts do not exist. Actually they're Jinn. And anything like werewolves, or something. They're Jinn
And Spirits they're do exist but they will leave to the underworld after 40 days of his/her death. But may last longer if his/her death was not in time.

How could you say they will go underworld after 40 days after their death? How could you be so certain?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well..This looks scary...I wont try it but still I just partially beleive that too because I admit that i am afraid 2 try it.. I mean threre is no explanation for this superstition is there ? But it still creates a scary sense.

Has anyone here heard of bloody mary ? Its like that.

I mean there's no reason but cause....
Now I am confusing myself.. :p

Level 21
Well..This looks scary...I wont try it but still I just partially beleive that too because I admit that i am afraid 2 try it.. I mean threre is no explanation for this superstition is there ? But it still creates a scary sense.

Yeah bloody mary... heard about this 100% superstition.

Zwei made a good explanation on the second post, that's why I stop making odd assumptions.

Level 8
Lol wth is this thing. I dont believe in these stuff. I only believe in souls that we all have and wont just haunt us for no reason, in jinns since according to Islam jinns are also civilized but they cannot be seen by human eyes. There are both good jinns and evil jinns. I also believe in aliens since in an universe where there are trillions of stars and planets, there probably would be more than one planet that supports life. I also dont believe in possession. Satan can change forms, but cant possess people. (As far as I know) As ruleofiron said, there is no thing such as ''supernatural'' everything has an explanation, (Except of souls, imo. Souls had always been a mystery) even if some sort of magic eldar comes out of nowhere and starts teleporting our planet into another dimension or something like that.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

About Bloody mary:

If you look into a mirror for a Long time in a Room dim lit, It causes (un)funny Hallucinations.

Yeah, thats right

Status
Not open for further replies.