• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Type ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those types of damage are used in the default Warcraft III abilities. Supposedly, Cold damage type is used in abilities of type Frost Nova, Poison in Poison abilities, Lightning in Chain Lightning-type or Lightning Shield-type abilities, Plant in Entagling Roots ability, Defensive as a detector of Defend ability (which will block incoming damage, by restoring damage of type Defensive), and so on.

Unfortunately, they don't have any fancy effect for our custom uses. They might however have some certain differences in damage values, but the differences are minor. They generally have no actual purpose, to be completely honest.

Level 17
Uhm ok now look

• Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((80.00 x (Real((Level of Crush for (Casting unit))))) +
  • (60.00 x (Real((Number of units in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching uni damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
damage type Normal
if i will change this damage type with anything (example damage type is sonic) this may affect the damage ? by the way thank you for your interest :)

Level 33
From my OWN experience:
Chaos damage is a damage that deals FULL damage to the target, ignoring armor of the targeted unit.

Spell damage is a damage that can be varied.
Heroes: Deal 75% of the spell damage (because ALL heroes have starting of 25% magic reduction but this % can be increased using ANOTHER spell that adds up the rate of magic reduction).
Normal Unit: Deal 100% of the spell damage.

Normal damage is, well... a NORMAL damage, I guess (a damage that takes armor damage reduction into account)

And a bunch of additional damage-type which is Pierce, Siege, Magic and Heroes

Level 17
lol really anyone don't know anything about this damage types ? for a long time i'm looking for those things but still i can't find anything.

oh by the way defskull are you sure about chaos damage ? i don't think so. Enemy armor must be affect to damage.

Level 33
If you ever doubt it, I'll show you a screenshot ^^
attachment.php

It shows it

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,947
Level 7
Chaos Attacks just ignore the damage reduction you get from the Armour Type, for example it won't deal less damage to buildings than to normal units.

However, the amount of armour you have still reduces the amount of damage you get from Chaos Attacks.

Level 28
Chaos Attacks just ignore the damage reduction you get from the Armour Type, for example it won't deal less damage to buildings than to normal units.

However, the amount of armour you have still reduces the amount of damage you get from Chaos Attacks.
Dude, seriously? Read the thread before replying!

Either way, the only two useful damage types I know are universal and normal.
Universal ignores damage reduction (if you trigger 100 universal damage against a unit with 1000 armor, it'll still deal 100 damage).
Normal uses the standard damage reduction (if you trigger 100 normal damage against a 1k-armored unit, it will deal significantly less damage).

So attack type changes with the armor types (first calculations)
Damage type has to do with the damage reduction (second calculations).
This means that the attack-armor type will be calculated first and afterwards the damage reduction.

In general: chaos - universal = 100% damage, always (if you didn't edit the chaos/armor table).

Edit: I will now check other damage types to find some 'interesting' ones.
Edit 2: Unfortunately, all damage types ignore the damage reduction (meaning they always deal 100% damage, when we don't look at the attack-armor types) apart from normal. I couldn't find any other differences either (maybe it is to know the cause of death? Who knows...).

The screenshot wasn't a good answer... defskull said that chaos damages are not reduced by a unit's defence and sirroelivan said that it's false (and sirroelivan is right).

In addition of what Ap0calypse said, the "ConvertAttackType(7)" deals 522 x damages (where I heard this figure before?) and weapons type, which are not in GUI, adds a battle sound. Maybe Blizzard wanted to display weapons type in GUI and made a mystake? ^^

Level 28
The screenshot wasn't a good answer... defskull said that chaos damages are not reduced by a unit's defence and sirroelivan said that it's false (and sirroelivan is right).
Then I misunderstood the post(s) and apologize.

In addition of what Ap0calypse said, the "ConvertAttackType(7)" deals 522 x damages (where I heard this figure before?) and weapons type, which are not in GUI, adds a battle sound. Maybe Blizzard wanted to display weapons type in GUI and made a mystake? ^^
ConvertAttackType is used for chaos/siege/... - wouldn't the damage percentage be different for other armor types then?
Or did you mean ConvertDamageType(7)? (I never tested those, all I know is that those damage type numbers are in a weird, seemingly random, order).

Indeed, I didn't test with other armor types...
It does :
normal -> 522x
small -> 2048x
medium -> 1x
large -> 522x
fort -> 1x
hero -> 150x
divine -> 400x
none -> 25x

I could have said it is used for the Whosyourdaddy cheat if there weren't the medium and fort multiplier.
EDIT : Besides, Whosyourdaddy just use 100x the damages regardless of the armor type (it seems).

Level 28
@ defskull: no, the screenshot is right :p
But there was confusion between armor and armor type (armor being the number for the damage reduction, which by the way is calculated by (y*x)/(1+y*x), where y = armor amount and x = damage reduction mulitiplier set in gameplay constants, standard 0.06).
And armor type small, medium etc...

The creator of the thread thought that chaos would ignore the armor (instead of the armor type).
Hence the reason I use the terms 'damage reduction' and 'armor type', to avoid confusion >_>

I tried checking the damage type of whosyourdaddy, but couldn't find it :p (it might just be coded with x100 damage either way).
Another thing I noticed is that every 32 ( = 2^5) damage types, the cycle 'resets' :p (thus damage type(4) == damage type(36), they're both damage type 'normal', as 36-32 = 4).
I don't know if you understood all of it, but it basically doesn't really matter :p

Level 28
Just a side note, whosyourdaddy cheat can be avoided with Hardened Skin. It will hit to a maximum of the value set in the damage field of the Hardened Skin ability.
That's quite a buggy method if you ever want an anti-cheat :p
If you set the max damage to, let's say, 500 as the base damage you have at that level is 100, then whosyourdaddy will still be more effective than regular attacks - if you ever return to that monster with a higher damage, then you can't even reach your base damage (unless you completely trigger the level of the hardened skin according to the base damage).

(side-note: better method is to let a unit with 1-1 dmg constantly hit another unit with 2 hp and 1 hp regen, unit dead = cheat).

Level 8
Damage type affect which type of enemy . Ex:
Universal dmg cause dmg to all unit.
Magic cause dmg to normal unit , and bonus dmg to nether unit , and does not affect to immu-magic unit.
And some dmg cause dmg to immu-magic unit but does not effect to nether unit ... Blap blap .

Status
Not open for further replies.