• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

<Damage Floating Text>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can anyone help me make a trigger that will place floating text above units or buildings that are hit only by heroes.

So what i need is a floating text of damage which is dealt by all the heroes on the map above all the units that are being hit by Heroes.

And can it be done either on regular attack, spells, and so on?

Thanks

:smile:

Level 4
Haha stupid question. None of the triggers that Maker does is leakable or non-GUI/MUI

Oh, really? Because last time I checked, this leaks a rect. It also, as JeffreyQ says, leaks an event per unit.

If my map keep spawning units, and i keep adding them to the event of the trigger. Will it lag?
If you spawn a lot of units, the units themselves will likely cause more lag than some leaking damage events. (3d objects, pathing algorithms, etc. )

Maker uses the method which up until recently has been de facto for damage detection. I don't think there's a limit to how many units you can have.

If you're really worried about leaks, there are vJASS-stuff like Light Leakless Damage Detect. But I wouldn't worry about it.

Create another similar trigger (or many) and when too many events are added, turn off the trigger and initialize/turn on the new trigger.

It's just that the leaks won't go away until he destroys the trigger. Simply inactivating them won't do.

Level 17
Nope that doesn't help.
The way a string is saved in memory is through - I think this is the right word - tabulation:
Basically, if string s = "Hey!"... "Hey!" is saved in memory. If you then Change it to "Bye!", it won't replace the "Hey!", but instead head for another part in the memory to save the "Bye!"...
But - I think - the next times you use either of the two, it only points to their location in memory instead of re-creating the same strings again...

I got this info from some hivers some time ago, it's not something I came up with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.